Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Should Religeon be involved with graffiti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Z3BRA, May 29, 2012.

Share This Page

1. PKS

PKS Member

Yes in some occasions.
    No if thats your prime goal (aggresive promoting of religion)

2. BigO

BigO Member

totally agree. But if someone does like a big piece of like buddha or something i think thats cool, like to incorporate it. But generally it shouldn't, like those jesus saves stickers are fucking stupid, cuz then it's just selling religion. I will happily go over one of those if there's no room on that sign/electric box/etc. But if it's your thing then express yourself, just dont go around tagging and writing shit next to it like "Pray so you dont go to hell" and stuff like that pushing your religion on other people

3. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

"jesus saves" is just a good writer with a gay name

4. Theartofverb

Theartofverb Member

Everything belongs in graffiti as long as its with love.

5. Tempa

Tempa Member

graffiti is graffiti you can do what ever you like

6. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

Haven't posted here at B.Sci in awhile, I don't keep up with it as Religiously as I once did..

it occurs to me graffiti is itself a religion to some people... Christianity these days for most seems more about being a member of an exclusive club, and a lot of people recruit pretty hardcore for new members of the fraternity. Graffiti writing is an interesting path, discipline, means of getting your shit together, all kinds of good stuff... spiritual maybe...

just my thoughts for this thread for this moment in time

7. Fakename.

Fakename. Senior Member

As long as it is artistic.

8. badder boy

badder boy Senior Member

ill cross out anything religious

9. PG-

PG- New Member

Depends on the context really. If it's promoting hate, cross it out/write over it. Otherwise, just pay attention to the skill of the writer.
    Then again, if someone writes "The end is nigh" I'd probably laugh my tits off.

10. dmgraff

dmgraff Senior Member

religion/beliefs

what religion/belief are you and what dose it say about graffiti
    i am christian and it says not to cause harm to others property, so i only do graff on tax payed things (elec. boxes ect.) and it does limit me but i think its the only moral thing to do. (as if those matter)

NO RELIGION ARGUMENTS!

11. dmgraff

dmgraff Senior Member

no one can say its bad to advertise through graff. what do you think you are doing by writing your name on walls all over and i don't think its anyone's right to try and limit anyone in what they write on walls. aint that the whole point of graff. i am a christian but i would not care if i saw Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or atheist graff on a wall.

12. ChemicalWarfareBrigade

ChemicalWarfareBrigade Senior Member

and put jigga ontop, drop albums nonstop for ya....

13. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

Not trying to take an overbearing atheist stance, but I think writers that go around taggin shit only to put up their religion are just stupid. It's completely okay to let your religion influence your art, but when you go around writing hymns on fucking traffic boxes, youre just as dumb as the kids who find a can spray paint and go writing shit like"class of 2018 rocks!" And shit like that. Yeah, okay express your views and all that jazz, but don't go thinking youre big shot writing worship satan our outside jesus.

14. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

I fucking HATE using mobile...

15. ChemicalWarfareBrigade

ChemicalWarfareBrigade Senior Member

hymns on traffic boxes.... this i'd like to see. or not.... i've never seen that in philly tho, u sure ur not in australia?