Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

dude didn't you just buy all this shit the other week?
    lost interest that fast, eh?

2. jobin

jobin Senior Member

$849 plus tax. But you do get the second lens which is cool. Mine includes a brand new bag, 32gig card, and is like new. I know the price is high but I fucking hate losing money that fast haha. I guess no one here is going to buy it so I guess I can actually share my thoughts about it.

It feels like a fucking toy. I handled a couple before I bought one but never noticed how plastic-y they feel before I owned it. The buttons feel like utter shit. Whenever I take the battery out Im scared of breaking that flap. The image quality is great and it is a fun camera.

What happened to build quality? The old film cameras I have, like the ME super, are fucking bullet proof. You could literally use one as a weapon.

@kmcdon3960 Im not losing interest by any means. Just dont like feeling like Im holding a $800 lomography camera.

3. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

4. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

5. ImageVerification

ImageVerification Senior Member

6. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

Liking the dog. Merry Christmas!

7. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

thats a nice looking rotti... is that a pure rotti.. the one i posted is a rotti/german shepeard

8. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

9. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

Those a re sweet. Great idea, the tie and background.

10. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

I got myself a T2i, great video quality for it's price.

Currently have the shitty 15-55mm 3.5 kit lens, 50mm 1.8 Mark II, and 100mm 2.8 nikkor lens. What should i buy? The 30mm 1.4 would be great for real low light situations considering i can't turn the shutter speed below 1/30 in video, but the 1.8 does well and I need a good wide angle lens.
    ai55.tinypic.com_2u8fblv.gif
    OR
    ai53.tinypic.com_13yec1f.jpg

11. Craig Ownings

Craig Ownings Senior Member

alright so im kinda just getting into photography and i took a class but the teacher didnt help at all...she pretty much told us to go shoot and then she said if we did it right or not....i take a lot of pictures in low light...is there a lens i can get so that i dont have to keep using low shutter speeds?

12. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

Your teacher is doing the right thing. Go shoot. And when you're tired of shooting, go shoot some more. A lens with a faster f/stop might be a solution. Also a higher ISO setting may also be a solution. Are you shooting film or digital?

13. Craig Ownings

14. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

considering that you didn't tell us what camera system you're using, I'm going to go ahead and tell you to get a 50mm lens that has an f number that is less than 2

15. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

how much is he even wanting to spend on a lens.. isnt anything under f2 pretty expensive? for a newb anyway id say so... but thats just me.

16. Craig Ownings

I have a canon rebel xs...I was told its a good beginner camera..

17. Craig Ownings

I have a canon rebel xs...

18. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

usually I jump all over people asking for advice in here, but I'm in a good mood.
    For a canon, you can get the 50/1.8 for less than $100
    the 50/1.4 costs about $400.

You probably could not tell the difference between a picture taken with the 1.8 or the 1.4, so you should probably get the 1.8

19. Craig Ownings

And will that help with my situation of low light shooting?

20. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're using the 18-55 kit lens, which is probably a f/3.5 lens or someshit like that. That means that it's not going to let a ton of light pass through it. A f/1.8 lens, like the one you're going to buy, lets a whole shitload of light in, thus, you can shoot with a faster shutter speed and reduce motion blur.
    What you need to do is google some subjects regarding esposure, aperture, and stuff like that

edit: just found out I'm gonna be going to NYC for the new year. FUCK YEA!
    Gonna take a couple cameras, some rolls of film, and hope for the best. I'm expecting that it's gonna be pandemonium.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010