Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sticker tips

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by PRIMEape, Sep 10, 2009.

Share This Page

1. bryanmoyer_82

bryanmoyer_82 New Member

hey could you paint the back round with like spray paint or does it just make it to hard to do the art work on top of it?

2. must.bomb.chicago

must.bomb.chicago Member

I've never tried that. i don't like wasting paint on something that doesn't need it. they are fine without the background painted. just use paint markers

3. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

I have a question... How to make clean stencil/ sticker from any picture from google?

4. HipsterPunks

HipsterPunks Senior Member

photoshop, convert it to black and white, and use a stamp filter, erase and add to any parts you feel needs it

5. KEAZE

KEAZE Senior Member

fedex shipping labels are the bomb you can order a roll of 5000 off there website or "borrow" a roll or 2 from work
    ai1057.photobucket.com_albums_t383_MRsevenOHfive_DSC01135.jpg
    paint markers work the best they dont fade like permanent markers. Decocolor all the way!
    ai1057.photobucket.com_albums_t383_MRsevenOHfive_DSC01137.jpg
    Super 77 spray adhesive works good to keep them up or use contact cement or crazy glue, clear coat them with krylon uv resistant spray
    ai1057.photobucket.com_albums_t383_MRsevenOHfive_DSC01136.jpg
    some stickers are still up from 2yrs ago no fade or peeling

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. Paint Can

Paint Can Member

7. 0nly10fmikind

0nly10fmikind Senior Member

when i only have sharpies i put a layer of clear duct tape over my finished postal stickers for rain protection cuz that will fuck up anything done with shapie

8. SiteGraff

SiteGraff Senior Member

i got some avery sheet labels a while back and i would make my characters on it and all and then cover the whole sheet in clear packing tape then cut em out and theyre ready to go and are kinda weatherproof.... only kinda

9. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

This is what i do: i dont even waste my time with this grade school, pussy ass sticker shit and buy markers and spray paint! works prety good for me.

10. Namo

Namo New Member

Any tips on making my stickers more water-resisitant? I understand the whole concept of graffiti and sticker art being an “extremely temporary medium”, believe me, I wouldn’t be doing them if I had a problem with that, but I’d like some advice on making them a little less temporary. I live in Oregon, a very rainy place and we had a storm today which destroyed or ruined most of the stickers I put up yesterday. Is there a way around this? I chose sharpie because it’s permanent, but I found that the ink runs anyway. Perhaps the paper I’m using is bad? I use standard post office paper. I’ve seen sheets of weather proof laser label paper, but I don’t know if they can be written & drawn on.

I've yet to try clearcoating them with spraypaint but I will try.

11. graffitiWISCONSIN

graffitiWISCONSIN Senior Member

use paint markers. or u can use some clear tape to laminate them.

12. Faymos

Faymos Senior Member

man, iwould love to order stickers from fedex. fuck my parents would flip out why im ordering it.

13. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

If you are putting up a combo has it pre-made and then put it up

14. DRIG

DRIG Member

For those of us who cant afford photoshop/dont know how to use bittorrent, this is useful. May take some tweaking when you actually cut it out.

http://strix.org.uk/stencil/

15. DRIG

DRIG Member

Just get them shipped from USPS. it's free. if your parents see them then tell them you never ordered them. USPS must have fucked up!

16. Beko

Beko Senior Member

went to walmart an in their little office supplies ection they were selling packs of "Hello My Name Is" stickers for like $1.50 needles to say they fit pperfect in your pocket so i didnt waste my $$$

17. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

yeah but those peel off like a bitch so have fun with that

18. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

for my slaps i use the basic usps label's and paint them white, then write whatever on them, then put them all in a big box and clearcoat the shit out of them. i also but these little plastic sticky things over them almost like a lamination. i dont really put stickers up i just give them to people and have them as like mini canvases so this may seem like alot.

19. Faymos

Faymos Senior Member

im in canada & yeah i got hello my name is one. i would love the usps onessss or some fedex ones

20. Kushbombing

Kushbombing Senior Member

When I use shitty paper sticks I just put them in phone Booths and shit places it won't get wet