Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Rogue

Rogue Guest

The nibs are much better which is why it wrote better. Zig nibs are softer than OTR nibs, and softer nibs have nicer flow.

2. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

but its layers of felt so dont be rough if your trying to clean it
    it falls apart sorta

3. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

can you fit otr nibs on them?

4. harry

harry Senior Member

whats bs

hey whats bs im from australia and new to graff so i dont no wether its an american thing or what so can some one tell me what it is cause ive heard it lots in some of these threads

5. Skru-Tape

Skru-Tape Senior Member

Bs is the website bro, Bombing Science, and theres the Bombing Science store. Your in the bombing science forum. you can toggle through these via the tabs at the top of the page in your web browser. =)

6. drapes1125

drapes1125 Elite Member

What is a marker that is really easy to make and good to write wit??

7. drapes1125

drapes1125 Elite Member

man the best marker that i have made is a duracell battery phone charger that was filled with stain and instead of using a felt chalk eraser i used some hairs off of my cuzins pony toy used tape to keep it together and then taped it to the batterie charger.
    That really wasnt that bad of a marker dou.

8. Skru-Tape

Skru-Tape Senior Member

drapes, if u were able 2 make a marker out of that stuff, i assume u kno tha basic workings of a marker, so just go lookin for shit to make it out of. plastic tubes, anything.

even tic tac containers, which i am feenin 2make btw, i seen the step by steps and it looks cool.

anyways heres a marker i made from a bottle of lube, works pretty good, sick drips, i just gotta fix the nib cuz i when i tested it out there was like a lil spot that wasnt filled wit nib cuz i made too short of a piece and paint sprayed out of it. [Broken External Image]:http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4818/marker002eq8.jpg

and heres the test run:
    [Broken External Image]:http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6389/marker001lu6.jpg
    also, does any one have an idea of a cap i can make for it?

9. Skru-Tape

Skru-Tape Senior Member

10. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

"insert gay anal sex joke here"

naw, j/p, thats very...

original.

11. Rogue

Rogue Guest

If you cut where the nib goes, then yes, OTR nibs will fit.

12. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

ok 2 questions:
    are Zig Woodcrafts the same as Zig glues?
    If not, someone post a flick. cuz i cant find anyones that are of OTR size, even on google.

and a writer a met at the recshop said there was a way to make OTR nibs from gluing craft felt together in layers, into a brick. is there a specific glue to use?

13. Rogue

Rogue Guest

They are the same marker, just slightly different nib material. Zig glues are a bit softer.

Ask the guy that told you what glue to use.

14. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

thats the thing though, the shops all the hell the way out there, i only take the bus, and there's no guarantee anyone might be there because the shop is so small. i was just wondering (mostly hoping) that someone had advice. cus i got some felt and some wood glue, i know that wont last with the solvents in paint and ink thought, and superglue burns felt. and the fact that making a glue sandwich probably wont make the best nib.

15. Rogue

Rogue Guest

I think your supposed to put the glue on the sides of the nib. If you have glue in layers, your nib won't flow.

So if you glue the felt on the sides, you should be good.

16. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

ill go for it then. do you think it would still pump?

17. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Yes it should. Just make sure you glue the sides of he nibs and it should be fine. Make a Step Bi Step while your at it.

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Senior Member

i got a liquid glue marker kinda nice my tips messed up tho i tryed to nail fil it down but still kinda werid if you have dif nib use it but for the markers you can buy at stores (besides graff stores) its pritty nice its palm size dint feel like rezizeing soz.

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x147_GAUGE72_PICT0292.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  19. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

ok rogue, just no cam, i was bombing a tunnel and it started raining...

yeah, that shit is fucked up.

20. GAUGE

GAUGE Senior Member

at micals you should get mops :unshure: look at the mop in bs shop their same price but has clear bottom the tip about same softness but professional mops straight but th mop at michals is crooked
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]