Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Stigma: love the e on your kevin, and both look sweet to me,

To bladdered to finish colouring coz my team won, but any ideas on colours for the rest of this? Tried to cut down on the cracks as per leaks advise, so filled it up with randomness to see what fits best,
    ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm73_danger_i_c1a4559e.jpg

2. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

dangeri- you support liverpool? you dont need to make the e look the same as the a. if both letters were capital it would look way better

3. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Yeah man, tis wer am from, we shoulda won by 6! an I have been tryna make em a little different by dropping the a off to the left middle, but I'll go with caps next time around an see wer that takes me, cheers. Wer bouts in n Ireland u from?

4. anti803

anti803 New Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  5. extinct

extinct Senior Member

there comes a time when people learn arrows arent everything

6. PermanentMarkers

PermanentMarkers Senior Member

anti - it looks like one of those ink blotches that the psychiatrist will ask you "and what does this remind you of" Lose the arrows, give your letters some structure (lose all those connections)

Looking at the letters it seems like they might have some style if you drew them out using bars instead of melted wax. Can we maybe see those letters drawn out individually? or at least simple like?

awe - for colors maybe a yellow/yellow fill, or a lighter orange/yellow. I like the piercings on the W. I dont like how you made the hole on the e look like a j, you should have made the hole in the a an actual hole if you are gonna make the e an actual hole

Chad - Nice work, i like the D the most

Stigma - the Jason is way better, I dont like the S though, its too square. You have a rounded J and O (even your A and N are slightly round), and your 3D is off on the N

7. rewz

rewz Senior Member

ai34.tinypic.com_o9nvhd.jpg
    ai33.tinypic.com_e0gx92.jpg
    ai33.tinypic.com_24d1swm.jpg
    some rank peaces

8. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

U a Rangers man RES4?

Dangeri - Im a liverpool fan too. I like the idea of your piece, i'd concentrate more on the individual letters because i like the whole broken/cracked idea and the 3d looks good, so i'd just concentrate on making the letters right, just my opinon though.

9. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

U a Rangers man RES4?

Dangeri - Im a liverpool fan too. I like the idea of your piece, i'd concentrate more on the individual letters because i like the whole broken/cracked idea and the 3d looks good, so i'd just concentrate on making the letters right, just my opinon though.

10. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

11. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

Willis Go simple and try making your bars less boxy.
    ai880.photobucket.com_albums_ac9_gatsoi_fgdfgdfg.jpg
    Crittssss?

12. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Rhek, i like your piece, maybe make the E thinker and make the top bar on the K a little bigger

13. ShutYourEyes

ShutYourEyes Member

The R is hot. Make the part that connects the two downward lines in the H skinny to match the skinny line in the R. The E just looks out of place and bad. It needs to be much thicker except you could make the middle straight left to right skinny to keep the theme going. The k looks good except for the line that is like / Make that one thicker and leave the rest the same.

I know thats a lot of crits but I do like it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  14. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

15. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

16. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

you draw really slow. and the E is entirely too skinny. and i dont really like your R. but thats just me

17. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

Willis, almost every letter needs work bud. Bar thickness is all over the place
    Lose the extension on the w and just concentrate on making your letter bars the same width. Should even drop the 3d to be honest unitl you sort your structure out a bit .

18. ChadOne

ChadOne Senior Member

19. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

your stuff consistently looks better chad, only thing i would change on that is the lower part of the h bud. for some reason that seems out of place to me

20. RedEyes

RedEyes Elite Member

Chad-I would throw a splash or 3d to clean up some empty space, its too white behind that H.