Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Jase

Jase Senior Member

yeah man it smells like shit, i think you have made it to thick. If the colour is like apple sauce i think you've done with thing wrong.

2. Ity

Ity Senior Member

i tried my paste last night and it was kind of watery. thats normal right?

3. CapHappyJack

CapHappyJack Member

I've never wheatpasted before, so I'm new to this.
    Do you think that filling an old contact solution container with wheatpaste and using it to squirt the wheatpaste would work? If so would I still need a brush? And would a toothbrush work? It would be so sneaky but I'm not sure if it would work.

4. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

i have a lot of pasted stuff in my room and its ok.
    lately ive been using spray adhesive and it works well only downside is its constantly sticky like 2 weeks after uve pasted it and wen its on ur hands it feels like shit.

5. rave905

rave905 Senior Member

@rup'e thats funny yeah ive thought of just using a glue stick n just puttin it thick lol

@caphappyjack im not sure exactly what kinda spray bottle ur refurring to but i use an empty dish soap container 2 spray it but watch cuz it'll splash around n i dunno about the toothbrush how small is the shit ur wheatpastin

if ur doin stuff that small its much better 2 use stickers the point of wheatpastse is 2 do sumthin big n complex that would take u alot longer 2 draw then paste up

if ur doin lil tiny wheatpastes its prolly more effective 2 just stand there n draw it on the wall lol

6. CapHappyJack

CapHappyJack Member

Yeah, I realized how ridiculous trying to use a toothbrush would be after I posted. Even for small things. I just thought of it cause it would look inconspicuous with the contact solution.

It's not acctualy a spray bottle, so much as a squirt bottle. It's like one of those water bottles with those retractable nozzles that will squirt water if you squeeze the bottle. Except the nozzle is much smaller so the liquid squirts very far.

7. rave905

rave905 Senior Member

8. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

yeh caphappy, it would work if it was like a pump water bottle do you have pump in america?
    one of those squeezie ones would be good ive used them before.
    hey rave doing little pastes is like doing stickers but holds longer, i meen people put stickers up then go over them with paste to keep em why not just use paste for the whole thing.
    oh yeh and spray adhesive is siiiicckkk.
    x

9. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

shit you can always put it in a huge 64 oz cup, thats what i do. there is a wheatpaster around here who is damn good who puts them in 2 liters. I use paintbrushes, and on a big project i watched him use an old broom, with the wheatpaste put in like a bucket.

10. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

news print is cheap man
    i just bought five rolls of the shit for 5 bucks

11. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Hahahahaha. I know who you're talking about.
    Thanks for the love.;)

PS- The broom was a soft bristled plastic one that works really well, available at Target for 2 or 3 dollars. I put the price on there cuzz I know none of you assbandits are gonna rack a freakin broom, but I'll send you a shiny nickel if you try it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  12. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

um just wondering is their any famous street artits who go by the alias name of
    BRAINSEX?
    coz ive been using this as my alternate name for stncils and posters only, so as not to link my graff name.
    not that i do graff or wheatpasting or any of that.
    um yeah just like to add that spray adhesive is not as great as i thought.
    stick with the paste lads.
    cheers

13. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Spray adhesive is typically used just to keep a stencil flush with a wall. As for the brainsex thing, idk, I'm not big into pasting.

14. rave905

rave905 Senior Member

hey thats acually a good idea im doin that shit thnx sintakz

15. ##sable##

##sable## Senior Member

ive heard that theres a new movement of people using orange juice instead of anytype of paste to put up posters. i beleve someone came in here a while back and picked a fight about this. cezr, can yeu confirm the validity of this? do any of the rest of yeu think it sounds legit? i havnt had an opp to test it...

16. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I dunno. I just use the classic recipe, but I remember that one cat used OJ and he said it worked good I guess.

17. harry

harry Senior Member

mmmmmmm orange juice

18. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

haha that was my idea and yes i used oj.
    the poster actually stayed up for a while but i would never bother using oj over wheatpaste.
    i wasnt at home and i didnt have any paste so i used what was around me. eg the discount store.
    the added bonus was that you could quench your thirst and replenish your energy levels whilst applying the poster.

19. maso1

maso1 Senior Member

Hey Rup'e remember last time we went wheat pasting together and we coverd one with orange juice after we had posted it and people couldn't rip it down after weeks so they just tagged over it haha.

20. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

who the fuck are you?
    nah man lolz, that wasnt oj.
    that was some hard paste but.