Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. >OLBEK<

>OLBEK< Senior Member

So the pressure didn't stay the same when put in a alien? i would think it would've worked...maybe it has to do with the thickness of paint?

2. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

it did not. Basically aerosol paint somehow makes its own pressure. you ever try to put aerosol paint inside a marker with a valve? (about 5 years ago i did, haha)
    Well what happened was the marker clogged up (duhh) AND when i would depress the marker valve there would be a hissing sound, as if pressure was being let out.

Paint is a trippy subject once you get into detail.

3. noxi

noxi Elite Member

good shit kayone, you should also put it in step by step.

4. >OLBEK<

>OLBEK< Senior Member

never tried markers, but I used to put them in cheap aresol cologne from wally world back in the day...but that is pretty strange shit...

5. eyeneversleep

eyeneversleep Senior Member

i have done something kinda like that with an axe can...

and i was wondering is ironlak a high pressure mix??

6. planetaryduality

planetaryduality Senior Member

thnx alot kay, very informational :)

7. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

yo kayone nice tutorial, however thats not what the capadapt is for... it looks like youre using an ironlak and a hardcore can in your tutorial, and if you already have access to, and have the money, then by all means use the good cans and dont even bother with mixing because those brands have huge color pallets, just buy the color you want...
    this capadapt (pink) is designed for SMALL MALE VALVEcans(painters touch, american accents) brands you can find at home depot,,, there cheap, decent paint coverage but ther pallet is limited to where mixing colors would still be of benefit and give the writer more freedom, exspecially with shadeing and highlights.
    color mixing with the capadapt is quik, easy and mess free.. just stick a can in either end and push together same idea as yours but yours would not work on MALE VALVE CANS...
    also the main focus of the capadapt is to be able to take the caps youve grown to love and adapt them to these cheaper more accessable cans...

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  8. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

i wasn't knocking your product, if that's what you thought.

9. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

nope i just want to get the facts straight

you can not do the exact same thing with a ball point pen and a razor... they are two totally different valves... (and they would be saving there moms money by getting these capadapts in the long run because they would be using cheaper cans)

10. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

Thumbs down?? hey you're cool :rolleyes:

If you READ THE TOPIC. People wanted to see how i used to mix paint with FEMALE VALVE cans.

*ps this was a DEMO, aaaaaand There is only a $0.20 cent difference between ironlak and painters touch. ;)

go ahead and Think i was bashing your product. i could care less.

11. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

i dont think you know anything about my product.
    and i think what you meant was "you COULDNT care less" because if "you could care less" then you still care a little bit... but whatever right...

12. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

i do care a little bit.... i even asked you questions about it a couple pages back before you got all defensive. ;)

13. SloppySeconds

SloppySeconds Member

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  14. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

15. SloppySeconds

SloppySeconds Member

16. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

the capadapts work fuckin fantastic man...

17. BEDAROC

BEDAROC Senior Member

I jus talked to a guy at 33rd he said that as soon as the capadapts are perfected there gonna have them up for sale...so keep that shit in mind.he said hes been gettin hella hit ups about em.

18. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  19. JasK

JasK Senior Member

Holy shit I did a throw with a German Fat (Orange Dot) and it was so ridiculously fat I fucked up my fill-in, I had no idea it was gunna be that fat. Pink dots are supposed to be fatter I think, but I have no idea what could be fatter than the orange, lol. Belton / Molotow's stock cap is pretty good for outlines.

20. joker954

joker954 Elite Member

@rt primo came out with some new caps,
    Extinguisher Cap, Blaster Cap, 49er Cap, Black Solid, Euro Fat Pink Cap, Coversall Super Skinny Cap