Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

^^kool aid wont do shit for ur woodstain but go get u a lil can of gk and add that woodstain as a thinner u got a staining paint mix...pretty nice in a mop....

2. Culture_Shock

Culture_Shock Senior Member

I feel bad diluting ink with just alcohol, so i gave this a try.
    1 bottle alcohol.
    1 empty Sobe bottle
    and handfuls of shitty permanent marker cores.

Hold one of the cores pointing down into the bottle, and pour your alcohol over it. that shit'll percolate through the core and draw out any ink. switch out cores when the alcohol starts drawing out watery looking ink, and you're set. use this in your "half cup to 40 pens" recipie and see how it turns out...

I also have to attest to the use of wood stain as a thinner. Ebony stain + black rusto = a better mouse trap

3. hardwares

hardwares Senior Member

^^^ good idea

i was messing around with ideas, and at school with little supplies for ink i thought up of this. i call it shitty marker mix.

go around your house, school, wherever and get all the dead sharpies, permanent markers, and i guess even crayolas, but im still not sure on that on.

take out the cores, and cut them into little disks, or vertically into strips (works a little better) then place them in a bucket like you would pens, evenly placed out, then add a little alcohol (experiment, start small depending on how much shit is left in the markers.). wait a day or two, and pour that shit out.

i dunno how well this works on a wall. im messing with dry erase markers and alcohol right now, because my school has them everywhere, but i think it wont make the best buff proof ink ever. lol. whatever.

4. hardwares

hardwares Senior Member

question--

i have this stamp pad ink, and i was wondering if theres anything i can do to it to make it a little more permantent (dot3 or something?)

dont really want to waste it.

5. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

lmao, dot 3. ahha, just mix it with like pen ink or pilot or whatever you can get/make

6. Masta T

Masta T Senior Member

ok so i dont like the flow pen ink to much it seems to b getn buffed pretty easy does the break fluid make it stain better? an can i out the full metal grog in a flowpen?

7. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

I don't know why you said lmao at the dude talking about dot 3 what4joke, a couple days ago you were saying dot 3 eats into walls n shit, and basically giving people bad information.

8. Culture_Shock

Culture_Shock Senior Member

I don't think theres any saving flowpen ink. nice colors, but you're better off just getting new ink all together...
    and full metal grog is great through a flowpen style marker.

9. Sanc_one

Sanc_one Senior Member

10. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

juss make some a your own ink...

11. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

"that shit'll percolate" this made me lol for real.

Sanc, yes those should work just as well, its going to be a bit more runny that what say a bic's pen ink will be tho so use more to less alc.

And Culture, get all of your marker cores, wear gloves, and rubberband them together in a bundle the size of your bottle then shove it in there and pour through them all, go slow though so it doesnt run over the edges. just a little tip i learned through doing exactly what you said.

Something else you guys might try is rather than using alcohol at all us pvc primer. its a better base seeing as its a stronger chemical and is a staining agent. i have stopped using alcohol practically all together and all of my inks have been significantly improved.

and kn1ve..... shhh... lol thats obviously what he's doing.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  12. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

my bad i read that shit completely wrong...

13. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

hey, i said that cause when u dump dot 3 on car paint it peels off.

14. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

until u show me a vid of someone pouring dot 3 on a car....and the paint actually peeling off....i say BULLSHIT...DOT 3 will not eat thro walls...eat paint off a car (lmao)...staining power is shit...the only thing its good for is slowing drying time of ink so it settles just a lil bit...thats it....nothing else....fuckin shit u fucks have no sense....

15. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

hey i live pretty close to phoenix...

16. Siner

Siner Senior Member

I've read most of this thread and couldn't find it anywhere so i was wondering if I thinned out acrylic paint with water, would it work in a pump marker with a nib. Also, can the oil paint that come in the tubes be thinned out with oil-based thinner and also be put in the same style of marker, thanx in advance.

17. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

For my ink i just use 1/2 bottle of alchohal, breakfluid, and as many pens as i can find.

18. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

if its oil based you can thin it with paint thinner, and yeah it'll work in pump markers if its not too thick... and the water shit will prolly just suck nuts anyway... If you get those little cans of rusto paint like the roller kind get alluminum and that shit is just good to go straight out of the can cuz its thin and it writes dope too!

19. gunsofbrooklyn

gunsofbrooklyn Senior Member

it it possible to open this kind of pen and fill it with ink? i found a empty one and theres some sort of ball bearing in it when i shake it
    i also wanna replace the tip with a thin nib

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_31JflGYqL5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  20. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

uhm yeh i dont see why that wouldnt work. theyre good if they just got whiteout in them too.