Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. bak

bak Senior Member

this primer u speak of...where can i get my hands on it?

2. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

PVC primer, you can pick it up at lowes or home depot or any other similair store im sure. Its by the plumbing stuff, it comes in a little metal jar. Naptha, Acetone, or any other similair solvents are all also alot better than alc, but experiment and see what you like.

3. Neg_INFLUENZ

Neg_INFLUENZ Guest

SHIT QUALITY MOP+INK RECIPE

Basically an ink i made that i have not tested on a wall but is super easy to make and requires hardly any ingredients

INK
    ----
    1 Bottle to keep it in (i used a pill bottle)
    Gloves
    Rubbing alcohol
    Permanent marker (sharpie)

Take your pill bottle and fill it about a quarter way up with alcohol. Then take your marker and open it up. Pull out the plastic tube inside and pull out all the weird cotton-like stuff (this will make a huge mess so be sure to have a surface you dont mind getting dirty). Put the cotton stuff in the alcohol and shake it. Let it sit overnight or longer.

*NOTE* You can add more than one marker to make it darker

SHIT QUALITY MOP
    ---------------------
    One regular washable marker

Take your marker and pull out the plastic tube. Wash all the ink out (or until it is an amount that isnt enough to write with) and then wash the tip of the marker (it will take a little while) Put the tube back in the marker and pour the ink into the tube. VOILA! Youve got your mop

*NOTE* Smashing the tip against something to make it flat is a good idea.

4. bak

bak Senior Member

nice lil recipes lol

i looked up this primer stuff and it comes in colors?? do u just slap it in a bottle or do u add ink or paint???

5. T-jay

T-jay Senior Member

he said its a base so ure problally gonna put some pens in it it but is it still the half a cup= 40 pen ratio
    whats the site u looked at i wanna check this out to

6. bak

bak Senior Member

k k
    loook

check out the last one..its purple!

7. T-jay

T-jay Senior Member

sr u sure thats it
    thats pretty dope if its better that rubin alch
    can the same staners be added like Pottassium Permanganat, dot 3 , leather dye

another question is leather dye for inks or paint

8. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

OK kiddies, lets clear some stuff up. Neg i hate to say it but that recipe is barely a recipe. you really just watering down a sharpie, whose ink isnt that great to start with. : / And what you desribed is a marker not really a mop. there is a difference. learn to know and love them both lol.

And about the pvc primer its most common color is purple, when mixed with pen ink your ink will turn a red hue though. It should not be used by itself, add it to your ink or use it as a base rather than alcohol(works way better)

T- yes it works much better than alcohol. Acetone, naptha and other solvents all work better than alcohol as well and are often harder to buff, give em a try you can thank me later. And yes all the normal stainers and additives can be added just like normal. And leather dye is for inks and only inks, i doubt it would mix with most paints and may actually cause some to coagulate (sp?)

1 cup PVC primer
    100 to 120 black pens (or blue or red just try and do them all the same color for best results, mixing will always result in purple as will most pen ink recipes unless your really good.)
    jar 1
    jar 2

take your primer and put a small amount of it in jar one just enough to cover the bottom 1/4 to 1/2 inch of your pens, put your pens in there and let them sit and leak into it for as long as needed. could take longer due to less amount of liquid. pour a bit through the pens if needed.
    After they have drained you will have a very thick blackish purple sludge. remove your pens and add the rest of your pvc primer (up to a cup)
    Toss old pens in jar 2 and save, i have saved all the pens ive ever cut up and got a nice little stash of really thick ink which i add to thicken others or add for opacity.

Now in jar 1 you essentially have a base for all your ink making, when trying new things like a new staining agent, use this same base then you can really see what your results are.

Things you COULD add...
    dyes -- leather ect
    stainers-- Pottassium Permanganat, "Blue" (fish stores, pool shops) ect
    dry time lengtheners - - dot 3 (very little) or a few select patroleum dissaltes (the thick ones ;) )
    soy sauce, vineger, bb juice :p or anything else you can think of.

Experiment and enjoy -- I had to!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  9. bak

bak Senior Member

thanks thanks but the purple is what attracted me do i put half blues and blacks and the primer to get purple??

10. Neg_INFLUENZ

Neg_INFLUENZ Guest

you damn kids and hip lingo

11. T-jay

T-jay Senior Member

thanks alot
    what do u think is a better stainer pottassium permangant or leather dye

12. Olick

Olick Elite Member

remember that the primer isnt flat out purple. think of it as watered down. if you use it straight up itll look like water with a VERY SMALL TINT of purple.

its used as a base "which was said a couple of times"

so just make a normal penink batch but instead of alcohol use pvc primer.

ps. for 99% alcohol. use denatured alcohol =D

13. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

Whats the difference?

14. gunsofbrooklyn

gunsofbrooklyn Senior Member

anyone know a good marker i can buy that i can empty out so i can put ink in? and what do i need to make ink? i dont wanna get 100 pens and empty them all out

15. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

actually if you use all black it will still come out purple, black pens are not a true black, so when the ink is thinned it shows purple but yea some blue could be used to, even a few reds for a more purple hue.

T jay- it really kinda of depends on what surface its going on, like leather dye is made to absorb into fibers and what not so its not gunna work as good on say metal ect. so each will work better on different surfaces, just remember, you can use multiple stainers.

Guns- dont be lazy. that is the most basic easiest way to make ink. if you cant bother taking the time to do that then i wouldnt worry bout it. pilot jumbos are easy to refill....

Denatured alc is more hardcore lol

And stay away from india ink, its really no good unless you boil it down so its just pigment then add it to your ink.

16. bak

bak Senior Member

cool i actually like the inks more so than the paint with thinner and cool ill try it and post flicks wen i make a new mop

im gonna look for some green pens or something cuz im wanting like a slimy booger green ink

17. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Yo havent posted in here in a while. But Soy Sauce works pretty good as a stainer. But I recommend you stock up on your base ink befor you start to add stainers. Just because you'r ink needs to be solid.

You can also order Ink to use on your Ink here on BS. Like I mixed up some Zombie,****,and a lil of that ink that comes in the Master Peice marker.(i had the refill) Then i added my Strainers, Such as Cool aid, Soy Sauce, Steal Stainer or what ever its called. And my Ink is Thick and pure black. but Now Im working on a red and Green ink. You can also get Pigment to color your ink.

18. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

what up man? been a minute.

19. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Whats good Homie. But me nothin chillin really, Sketchin and waiting for the weather to calm down. A yo you need to hit me up on the Myspace sometime.

20. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Kool Aid doesn't stain it's basically a dye, Soy sauce doesn't add much stain also unless your trying to hit up t-shirts.