Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Just Another

Just Another Senior Member

My OTR Flowpen ran out of ink and I have Grog, and DED Outdoorsman. I have heard some shit about how Grog fucks up the marker. Which should I refill it with?

2. Rogue

Rogue Guest

No, Grog will work fine. Just make sure you clean out the marker really well, and buy a new nib. If you can't get a new nib, soak it in alcohol for a few hours.

3. fnt

fnt Senior Member

you can take one from a woodcraft at a store

4. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

I had this problem once, but It was my ink recipe and it had grog in it..

I suppose it is because the recipe appears to be slightly currosive and high flammable, fun stuff.

Oh and for those glue stick markers, you want to seal the bottom up pretty good with wax, just melt it into the bottom and let it cool, then jam that eraser felt in there and get it sopping wet with ink and you should be good to go, though make sure that the cap fits on there without touching the eraser felt too...

Good luck :)

5. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

He'd be talking about me...i made one of those film canister markers and i couldn't find a cap for it when we left, so i was just like well ill try to walk with it...bad mistake!!! When i was writing, the fucking chintzy nib snapped off and ink was gonna spill ALL over me, so with my catlike reflexes (yeah right...) i threw it in the dropzone toilet...gah...not worth it what so ever....

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  6. Hask420

Hask420 Senior Member

www.graffbay.com

this site got some dope ass combo packs BS should get some ones like that

7. MASO

MASO Senior Member

i found a store that carries DALO markers and got one. damn, you gotta pump this crap A LOT before it flows and the flow isn't smooth because the ball point gets in the way and makes a streak look. is this the case or did i jus happen to pick the faulty one. oh and if it makes a diff. my DALO says METAL MARKER in bold across the pen instead of DALO industrial paint or TEXPEN.

8. vampireboy65

vampireboy65 Senior Member

hey can someone tell me if this will work i have a o'glue jr marker thing and ploit ink if i empty the glue out and put in the ploit should work good????

9. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

10. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Graffbay only ships to Europe......

11. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

they do have a Ebay store. .i buy from them all the time. good shipping. i asked when they were gonna sell them mini "pen" mops, they said they'd put them for sale in a week and they did.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgi4lluQQhtZ-1

12. Just Another

Just Another Senior Member

what can you use to clean an ink nib if you don't have alcohol?

13. Rogue

Rogue Guest

I have that site, it's really cheap. Yeah, they got rid of some things I was gonna order, but they brought some nice products. I wish they sold everything that they sell on there site though, but oh well.

14. Eeyore

Eeyore Senior Member

hows the OTR 050 im thinkin of buyin a few of um...

15. caffine

caffine Member

can someone PM me what stores have paint markers and what brands i should buy??

16. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Did you mis-spell caffeine on purpose?

17. vampireboy65

vampireboy65 Senior Member

wow ok i need help i made this marker to day with a squeeze on glue thing and just used it the first tag was fucking sick ass fuck then i went to do one more like 100 feet away i look down when i get there and i got ploit ink ALL over my hands i think on the first tag i push to hard and the nib push in is there anyways to stop this and the nib is stock it those o'glue jr things if that helps

18. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

Sounds like just a cheap imitation, my Dalos all flowed soo nicely, didn't have to pump them TOO much.

19. chief

chief Senior Member

it sounds like that metal marker just didnt have good paint in it. i got sumthin like that and it kept getting clogged and flowed like shit. try changing the paint/ink in it.

it the otr .050 just like a plastic pilot? i was thinking about gettin one.i like my pilots but i always bend em up in my pockets and has any one tried mr.black ink and will it flow through a pilot.

20. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Any OTR marker is a ripoff, so don't worry about them. Mr. Black is alright, but it's much better mixed with other inks.