Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Character Battle Thread

Discussion in 'Toy Battle' started by Fube, May 6, 2010.

Share This Page

1. El Lobo Solo

El Lobo Solo Member

@ "PHYSH" u kept it simple which works well but since this is the character battle thread i wont start to crit your t-party. * its a good simple piece and i like it the best no doubt!

@ DEMPO did you really just try to recreate someone else's shit?!?

2. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

what would u do if you didnt kno where 2 start my idea was to sort of simplify his original work and then tweak it some with their arms and expressions doing something else but my notepad is so tiny i ran out of space and patience...

3. El Lobo Solo

El Lobo Solo Member

i get what u saying, but you did everything but practically trace the damn thing. that not getting an idea/inspiration, thats a straight copy! but i respect that u posted yours and the original.

4. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

thanks lone wolf (any relation to lone wolf and cub?) thanks for the props, and the t-party is shit, i just did a quicky to help the concept................... and i'm proud to say the characters are all me.... go ahead and post one too bro, this thread isn't really for battling we all post our characters and try to take each other's advice.... i was actually just me and hipster punk on our own, just picking themes and putting up our posts...... Z3bra you can pic the next topic, if lobo doesn't wanna be part of this battle....... and screw the whole poling thing, lets just have fun and make as many characters as possible...............

5. DRIG

DRIG Member

That is some MAD shit. great job.

6. Bas

Bas Senior Member

Alright guys, sorry that this is taking so long. I am superbusy and hardly have any time to draw at all. Anyway, I finally started the sketch today, but I won't be able to finish it this week. Here's the progress so far. I'll upload the finished version in one or two weeks. Just start a new battle in the meantime.

ai488.photobucket.com_albums_rr243_Basswinkels_TeaProgress.jpg_a2739a2b74a99b0b5270be706d3543c2.jpg

7. RelikUS

RelikUS Member

its all jokes ladske hahahah

8. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

so is anyone gonna pick a new theme????? or did this thread die again???????? if anyone wants to poll go ahead, so we can vote,this topic has been going on forever... so someone please pick a new subject so we can get on with our lives.

9. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

Sakanoid Sticker.jpg
    here's something random that may inspire you to do something else............ one of my hand made stickers......

10. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

i never submitted mine, but I'm gonna pick a new theme if thats chillin..

NEW THEME: IRONY (anything ironic)

hopefully something good or funny will come from this.

11. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

Thanks Dank man, that is a great idea....... can't wait to see what's gonna come out of this..... THANK DANK!

12. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

DSC00454.jpg
    shrooms are fun

13. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

14. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

15. dmgraff

dmgraff Senior Member

IMG_0159.jpg
    did this pretty fast could have made it look better but im lazy.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  16. "PHYSH"

"PHYSH" Senior Member

hahahaha.........

17. TastyCarrots

TastyCarrots Senior Member

I really like that robot fish, Physh. I need to get in on this battle. Characters are more of my forte.

18. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

not too ironic.... kinda just put the caption so it would seem more so... might do a different one, wasn't even meant for this battle lol

wasn't sure if chipmunks had long tails or ones like the one i did... oh well

Attached Files:

19. SenseTwo

SenseTwo Member

my character.png
    heres mine well, i kinda just made it up, it aint fully developed cuz i can only make it off one side of the sticker. i could use some crits please cuz im new. thanks. its a spray can btw and i write SenseTwo

20. TastyCarrots

TastyCarrots Senior Member

I can only vaguely see the can and I don't really see what makes it ironic. It looks like it has a face, but I can't really tell. I would work on it a bit more on some scrap paper and get a good model going before slapping it on a sticker. You really need to show that there is an obvious personality to your character. That's the most important part of making any good character.

I also don't know if you read above or not but the theme for this battle is "Irony" so you're character needs to embody that in some way. It seems like a lot of people don't really understand what irony actually is, so if you don't think you have a good idea, do a bit of research first, then come up with your character.