Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Jesus. How old are you

2. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

I'm only 14

Thats not me playing hockey btw

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3454_3946431085_bf275182b6.png

i actually think the nikon 10.5mm fisheye is a pretty fast lens , i shot this at like 1200 ISO with a 2 second exposure handheld and it was dark as fuck outside. the lens is fucking sweet when you first get it.

4. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

It's 2.8, which is pretty fast.

5. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

perv, I develop it in my kitchen, I have to wait until night, and then go into the hallway to load the film with all the doors shut, it's the only time I can get it totally dark.

thx

6. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

7. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

gotcha. thanks man

8. NoWorries

NoWorries Senior Member

Do you also print your own pictures? Although a number of them are really nice photos, i couldn't help noticing a number of dust particles and hairs in the images. This error is most commonly found in the printing process (as you probably know) and can be fixed by dusting your negatives before printing, or dusting your enlarging equipment.

Cheers,

9. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

Nah, I don't print, just straight to the scanner, but my house has a couple cats and we smoke all the time so there's all kinds of shit floating around in the air that gets stuck on the negs. I've been having a problem with water spots, even though I'm using wetter.

I will definetly try dusting them off next time I shoot a roll, any particular method you recommend?
    thx

10. UpstateHate585

would computer duster work? i dont think a normal duster would really work that well. but i like the pics. the hair and dust gives it an aged feeling for some reason lol

11. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

I was gonna say the same thing, I feel it adds character to his like every day style of photography.

12. NoWorries

NoWorries Senior Member

Im going to have to disagree with the post bellow this one, i sure as hell wouldnt want to risk damaging my negatives with an air duster. What i would recomend is going to your local photography supply store and pick up (im not sure the technical term) but a dusting cloth, or lense cleaning cloth. Im not sure if other materials can be substituted. But preety much delicate, scratch proof cleaning cloth works best.

Place the cloth in your hand, then place the strip of negatives on the cloth. Sandwich the negative with the cloth and swipe the negative threw the cloth, emiminating most dust and hair particles. Repeat as nessesary. If your scanners dusty as well i would in fact recomend an air duster, followed by the hand cloth to fine tune any remaining particles.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers,

13. UpstateHate585

i was just throwing an idea out there lol. i didnt mean blasting it at close range

14. ManFromDaMoon

ManFromDaMoon Senior Member

how is the nikon fm10? im thinkin i might get one

15. UpstateHate585

anyone want to recommend me a good lens for portraits?

i heard it should be a longer lens.

so i will have the kit lens from the d40 and i will be buying the AF 35mm f-1.8 from 2 pages back.

should i also get a longer lens? or will those two tie me over for a while? also, what are the advantages of a prime lens?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  16. SAID

SAID Moderator

17. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

I talked it over with some people and they might all pitch in to get me a camera for christmas. I want a Canon Rebel Eos T1i. My brother has one and iv'e used a friends who has the same one. I have experience with it and I like it.

18. ares

ares Elite Member

Get a 50mm.

As far as prime lenses go, they have less glass than zooms so there usually cheaper and have better optical quality than zooms.

19. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Get an FE2 instead off ebay.

20. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member