Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Ethics, Morals & Code Of Awriter

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Big TL Springs, Aug 25, 2006.

Share This Page

1. rone

rone Senior Member

i dont bomb anythin that is not city owned, unless its a truck

2. rone

rone Senior Member

i dont bomb cAerssads

3. nickthegreek

nickthegreek Banned

lol ethics. there are none kiddies. dont be a pussy and write where you want to write.

4. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

ethics and morals of a writer to me is to not go over other writers' pieces, to not actually harm innocent people's properties in a major way (for example a small marker tag on some guy's fence isn't going to kill him)
    erm also to respect writers who are better than you and not be a toy and start provoking them when you're not ready to take the big boys' cans yet
    and unless you're planning on doing a decent piece of work, don't paint hot spots (known walls and spaces that have good pieces by kings and queens, or walls with a strategic location)

5. unbannable

unbannable Member

rofl at no churches.

6. HADES.

HADES. Senior Member

the rules and ethics of graff when i started was people just DIDN'T write on:
    1. Churches, Synagogues, Mosques, or other places of religious worship, or Cemeteries
    2. Houses, Apartments, front doors of anywhere people lived.
    3. People just didn't hit trees or plants or bushes.
    4. Mom and Pop stores.

i mean McDonalds and other chain stores were dope to hit up.
    city property (highway, tracksides, inner city), abandoned buildings, were all game.

things have changed alot.
    i see kids hitting trees, neighborhoods that people live in.
    honestly, its disrespect.

just because you do graff, some kids think
    "i'm all hardcore aahhh whatever f*ck everything ahh"
    that's not true. we all are real people. it's not that serious.
    check out saber speaks...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAacpVoFymw

7. walkingcarpet

walkingcarpet Senior Member

^Truth.
    Also been seeing some kids doing shit throwies on peoples' garages. To me, thats just wrong.

8. me_is_are_of_yu

me_is_are_of_yu Member

I bomb everything other than private cars. Well, I also dont bomb trees becuz they are unbomble.

9. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

phat 2 and hades said it best, fuck big business and city owned shit! keep yours goals in mind tho. 1 to be seen and 2 to be a better writer overall, if you write to just destroy shit and be a dick then give ur cans to people who will put them to good use

10. AKnR

AKnR Senior Member

dont fuck over people
    write for the love of the game
    dont cross out someone better than you

11. ZETA

ZETA Senior Member

you said no apartments and that kind of thing.. what about like this? I know specifically this isnt an apartment, and rather an abandoned warehouse, but ive seen many of fire escapes of residential buildings..

afarm1.static.flickr.com_35_123607189_920e1ca610.jpg

12. KingHaole

KingHaole Member

Walking in the park yesterday with some friends and some assholes tagged a tree
    WHO THE FUCK TAGS A TREE???
    Thats just bullshit that makes graff writers look bad

13. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I'd tag a tree because it's harmless
    and you fucking hippies can do jacksquat about it

14. ribcage

ribcage Banned

@phat theres no trees in lebanon tho, just stubby little bushes

lol im not a real big tree taggin guy either, but if its cool I dont care, if it sucks then it pisses me off.

@zeta yo anything abandoned is fair game, unless its a significant landmark to the city/state/country or someshit major(chance of that are extremely thin)

But tagging an apartment like that where someone lives is kinda fucked up, unless your in a inner city and that shits downtown or something....If its abonded or being built, its fair game till its occupied... or at least thats how I feel about it

15. staples29

staples29 Member

Everything differs under certain circumstances but I would never go near a school, church or funeral home. I am sure there are definitely others but what I can think of currently

16. Yodhan

Yodhan Member

I won't do a church unless they really did something to piss me off. I won't do a private house. I won't do a persons car, and I won't do a truck if it is owned by a small business. Schools don't really bother me, nor do big businesses. It really all depends on what mood strikes me.

17. onek

onek Member

No personal stuff like cars, houses and whatnot (and graves ofc). Churches though, I do not have a problem writing on, to be honest, FUCK em.

18. onek

onek Member

Couldnt agree more, graffiti would be dead if it werent for the "Fuck it" - attitude.

19. Aster.one

Aster.one Senior Member

No cars, personal property, funeral homes, grave yards, or churches.. Apartments.. Fuck man there fair game.. Who gives a shit if someone lives there, most apartment buildings look like shit any way.. Just dont go over the windows, and your shit still gets seen..

20. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

Don't tag:
    Places of worship
    Cars (unless there's serious beef)
    Schools
    Houses
    Small businesses

My personal favorites
    Industrial buildings,
    Moving vans
    abandoned houses
    Tunnels
    police stations

Morals: I don't cross people out or diss their shit. I find it to be a waste of time and paint. I used to bomb with a dude who would be crossing out names all the time. That was annoying a hell. I also try and leave space for others on a good spot. Some days i might get greedy and take more than i need but That's rare.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011