Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Punk Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. PROMO

PROMO Senior Member

I can't agree more. They should have never rerecorded keasbey so that way we would have somewhere in the between plus one more new album.
    wait a minute my tv doesn't work

2. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

I got a question for the punks. Its a gay question, just give me shit about it later.

Ive been putting patches onto my jacket for a while, and it was getting pretty dirty, so I decided to wash it. And when I took it out of the drier, all my patches were all frayed and the seams had torn out. So I was wondering, do I wash it in cold water instead? Or hang it to dry? I just dont wanna have to resew all my patches again. It took way too long the first time.

3. PROMO

PROMO Senior Member

Be a man! Don't wash it!

Are they stitched on or ironed on?

4. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

Stitched. And it was startin to get pretty dirty so....

5. PROMO

PROMO Senior Member

idk maybe like a gentle cold wash or do the old fashioned way by hand. Also let it air dry. Drape it over a chair or something

6. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

should have either spot washed by hand or not washed it.
    personally I wouldn't have washed it. Punks are supposed to be dirty.
    did you hand stitch the patches on? if so, it frayed because hand stitching is generally weak because you only use one thread. use a sewing machine or hand stitch it a second time so the stitches interlock.
    If you don't want to do that then stitch a border around the patch before you sew it on. Thats not as strong as using a sewing machine but its better than a weak single thread stitch.

Talking about sewing and using sewing machines isn't gay. its part of punk culture. DIY.

7. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

word.

my jacket has like 18 hours of work on it lmao

8. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

I dont think the problem was that I ran it through the washer, I think it was because all my patches shrank from their first wash. I think I might just cold wash it and hang it to dry next time. Or maybe just like get into the bathtub with it still on. Whatever.

I think I might start a camo vest soon. How do you guys make sure your backpatches are on straight?

9. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

just make it crooked, it looks dumb if everything is perfect about it, you'll just look like a boy scout

aka, eyeball it and hope for the best

10. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

i stenciled the back of mine. just put the patch on with safety pins to make sure its straight then sew the edges down and when your done, take out the pins.

nefore i learned how to sew i used to put patches on wth studs haha i'd just lift as many stud belts as i could and pull all the studs off. now i have like 5000 pyramids and nothing to do with em

11. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

heres teh stencil. i touched it up a little bit cause i got lazy when i did it originally and it was a lottle sloppy. white is primer and black is some oil based artist paint i stole form michaels. stencil done with the freezer paper/iron thing

12. pretentious asshole

pretentious asshole Member

Or, you could just stop worrying about being fashionable and buy records instead of patches, go to shows, start a zine, book a show, or something as equally as productive.

13. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

Yeah. I own enough fucking records, Im a DJ. And Im in a ska-punk band. So now Im going to put a back patch onto my jacket. Shut the fuck up about it.

14. AMansNotACamel

AMansNotACamel Senior Member

so you can't be punk if you don't wear a patched up jacket or if you sign a contract to allow yourself to eat. Every band progresses, obviously their sound changes, and I'm sure, if you were in a band getting paid $0 you would rather change your sound a bit to make more cashmoney. When you think about it a bands head should be thinking, fuck the fans they only like us cas their friends like us, a record company offers mad moola to do what we normally do with a little bit of tweaking Lol.

15. pretentious asshole

pretentious asshole Member

Ska-punk, heh, what an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with patches dude, you just sounded really lame asking about it. :cool:

16. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

I have no idea what you people are talking about. But I dont see why people have to like prove their punk-ness before they talk about sewing patches. I listen to the music. Way before I got into the fashion. I also like hip hops style, I also like Psychobilly and rudeboy fashion. I listen to the music, Im into the scene, so Ill dress that way if I want to. I dont. Because I dont need a genre to tell me who I am. But if I want to, I dont have to prove it to anyone. If you want to point your finger at a poser, go find a Greenday fanatic with studded bracelets or some shit.

Whatever. It feels like Im constantly preaching on this thread. And ska-punk is the bomb.

17. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

yeah up ska punk.

but on hte backpatch thing just use safety pins to line it up even and then sew it

18. Mr Tasty

Mr Tasty Banned

live365.com is a good punk radio station

19. rasta or die

rasta or die Member

anyone ever listen
    to Gorilla Biscuits?
    orr
    The Business.

20. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

yeahhhhhhhh