Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

gettem,,,gettem,,,gettem... They are dope as fuck bro.

2. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

haha i thought drumnbass said "dumbass" at first..

3. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

i heard you can make a addaptcap thing from a certain raid cans valve

4. irockyourass

irockyourass Senior Member

how does the mixing colors work? it says to put a can into either end and squeeze together but wouldnt that just make a mess everywhere?

5. drumnbass

drumnbass Member

i think it would work as so,

take two cans that have male valves,
    make it so the can you want the paint to go into has less pressure than the on the paints coming from ie. let out a bunch of pressure in the can first by spraying upside down or put it in the freezer for 5-10 mins, then shake the one thats giving paint or put in warm water (not hot water, barley warm water)

then put the reciever on the bottom, connect the other on the top, and press,

should work...ill let u know once i get mine

6. irockyourass

alright sick... thanks a lot

7. planetaryduality

planetaryduality Senior Member

yea i tried that w/ two females w/ a peice of pen or w/e like the touturial a few pages back...complete fail :[ lol. it jus sprayed cold paint out a lil bit an ya..no color mixage.

8. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

nope... with the capadapt no mess at all. just puttem' end to end and press... very nice for shades and fades. lighten or darken your colors, or try for some new shit.

9. letsg0skate

letsg0skate Senior Member

Sorry to the dude making money off capadapts, but why don't we just figure out how to copy these and make them ourselves? Graff has always been about the homemade and not paying so let's get on this quick. If I figure out a good way I'll be sure to post it...but feel free others to try and do the same. Here is one theory I will be testing soon, those raid wasp and hornet caps fit on the male painters touch, sooo im pretty sure you could use a razor to chop the top...hmm that's about as far as I got.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  10. Aesir

Aesir Senior Member

People make them already - they're called piggy-back caps *which somebody here was kind enough to point out to me though I forget who* the fact is that some people would just rather get a mass produced version and save themselves the trouble. Also, I'm sure that the capadapts are more efficient (no spurting or anything like that)

11. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

yo ta be completly honest we had to have these manufactured because we could not make them ourselves from anything at our local hardwarestores... i mean we came close but it was more of a hassle with leaks and other inconsistencies and problems,so we decided we had to make them, for people like us and the fact that there was nothing out there like it, it took about 6 months and alot of money and going bacc and forth with testing and retesting to have a product that would last, be consistent, easy ta use, and not cost a fortune. you are absolutely right, in my opinion graff is about adapting which is what makes this product so great. they try ta switch it up to deter us vandals from using ther products or what ever the reason but we find ways to adapt. so thats what tha capadapt is all about..
    we made them highly durable so you only need a few like 5, and thats just so you dont have to switch out caps and cans all the time it can be a pain in the ass, but thats it, it should last a long ass time as long as you dont lose them. and now were selling them exclusively to **** ART who has the best prices and deals anywhere... and we got 3 other adapters on the way, next is an adapter for original rusto that you can get at wallmart because im tired of having silver and black hands, no more exploding cans, youll be able to use any cap on them. we aint triin ta get rich sellin homemade ghetto recipes, we want to get quality tools in the hands of real individuals to keep this movement moving. and get away from them richy stuck up bitches sayin" i only use MONTANA" its good paint but i cant afford it... $8.00 a can,what? i juss write my name on a wall, i cant even afford paper. these adapters work, and work well and ****S going to come out with a video review on you tube for all you skeptiks so keep an eye out... peace...SMEAR3.SEKT.TWN...

12. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

no, it works amazingly well and im not juss saying that... you put a can on both ends and push together, it doesnt matter which can is upside down or rightside up for painters touch because of ther 360 valve.the can with less paint will be the receaver,the paint will transfer until the pressure stabalizes and the pressure is the same in both cans, you shake the can and now the whole can is going to be that new color, consistently... you can even transfer paint into those 2oz tres eme hairspray cans for easy consealables and even use the adapter to change caps on those tres eme cans...it really is pretty cool and does not make a mess at all...

13. fnt

fnt Senior Member

Thanks for making them. I'm probably going to keep experimenting to find something else that works, but I should buy some of those when I get some money. An adapter that lets you use any cap on any can would be awesome, I wish there was more flexibility with caps on rusto.

14. drumnbass

drumnbass Member

i just got mine today, havent had a chance to paint with them today but i tryed fitting them on and they are really sticky, it shot paint out before i even got the cap on it,
    then i couldnt really make it fit very well with a german on it. then i tryed a ny thin and i couldnt even get the thing in,

how hard am i supposed to force it in? obviously they work for eveyone else so im sure im just missing something here....but im trying not to get paint all over me at the same time....

i havent tryed the mixing paint thing yet but ill post once i do

15. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

yah sorry about that, its kinda like a new pair of shoes they have to be broken in. the rubbers a little stiff at first we suggest starting off with any cap except a german outline 1, rusto fat, banana skinny, or NY thin,those four caps have a much thicker stem. you will be able to use those caps once it loosens up,all our caps come with a free cap already installed to alleviate this problem now, except if you got it through bombing science, or33,3rd, because they got the first shipments before we addressed that problem but no big deal just try a different cap and try skrewing it in rather than pushing it in. also skrew the cap in first, before you put it on the can... the more you use it the easyer it will get to change out caps once tha rubber washer loosens up... that should do it but let me know. thanx

16. sme3p0

sme3p0 Member

yah sorry about that, its kinda like a new pair of shoes they have to be broken in. the rubbers a little stiff at first we suggest starting off with any cap except a german outline 1, rusto fat, banana skinny, or NY thin,those four caps have a much thicker stem. you will be able to use those caps once it loosens up,all our caps come with a free cap already installed to alleviate this problem now, except if you got it through bombing science, or33,3rd, because they got the first shipments before we addressed that problem but no big deal just try a different cap and try skrewing it in rather than pushing it in. also skrew the cap in first, before you put it on the can... the more you use it the easyer it will get to change out caps once tha rubber washer loosens up... that should do it but let me know. thanx

17. drumnbass

drumnbass Member

^^tight thanks for the quick response to, ill give it a shot!

18. noxi

noxi Elite Member

thats gay, it doesnt even make it come out the same size as the original cap. Id rather just cut the stem off a cap.

19. irockyourass

wow... i never even thought of doing that... does it work well? or is it like a sloppy mess?

20. k'n1ve

k'n1ve Senior Member

^^^ you gotta cut it and drill it and if you dont do it fuckin perfectly you will have yourself a sloppy mess, plus you can only do it to a couple caps. I have been using tha adapters and they are fuckin amazing.