Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ironlak vs. montana?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by 3ksta...c, Oct 8, 2009.

Share This Page

1. tattooyou516

tattooyou516 Banned

Ironlak store

Ironlak paint shop coming soon to long island...call (347)254-2988 for questions

2. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

I just got the chance to try ironlak. But theres so comparison, two diffrent paints, two diffrent pressures and diffrent colours. Just paint with both, why limit yourself yaknow?

3. beads0129

beads0129 Guest

Hi115

You cannot control the weather, but you can change your mood. _____________________Loose beads

4. sodi

sodi Senior Member

Ironlak is the bomb, haha get it?

5. zennegen

zennegen Banned

lol, because most people don't have money to buy both.

6. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle Elite Member

IRONLAK SMELLS LIKE SHIT! while montana gold smells like candy.
    other than that tho ironlak is the better paint hands down

7. kasher_one

kasher_one Elite Member

^^
    na i think montana hardcore haves to be my fav along wit black line..the only ironlak i use tall tar black cans

8. zennegen

zennegen Banned

i wanna try out that tar black lak. as for montana, it sucks cause they dont come with caps, but the lines are generally cleaner. but lak is better for piecing.

9. MekMoney

MekMoney Moderator

I don't know where you get your paint from but when i get montana it always comes with caps...tan caps on the gold, german outlines on black and german 3's on 94. You're getting ripped off homie.

I think MTN 94 is better than any paint out at the moment. Lak is ok but the cans are always fucked up and the pressure is inconsistant...it also doesn't cover as good as 94 or hardcore. Not saying its shit paint but there are better products out there...the only good thing about lak is the price but i'm sure it will go up soon.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  10. MekMoney

MekMoney Moderator

I think this thread is kind of destined to fail. If everyone liked one brand of paint than there would be only one paint company. Life is about options...every likes what they are gonna like. Its the end result that makes the difference anyway.

11. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

I have to go with MTN, I haven't tried Ironlak that much really though, so I'm not gonna start claiming that MTN is the best paint in the whole world or anything. But where the hell are all of you buying your MTN that it's costing you 8.50 or whatever a can?!?! that's ridiculous. I'm about to but 29 cans for 161 dollars, shipping and all included. that's 5.50...

12. eL.kORE.ONE

eL.kORE.ONE Member

i would say ironlak all the way homies...they are pretty much the same god damn thing man..

13. jape-the-nape

jape-the-nape Elite Member

i would like to see someone try rock the exact piece twice with bothe brands,i think the difference would be clear..they bothe have theyre good qualitys and the outcome is great with either...but i think ironlak is just easier to use pressure wise,but thats just personal.i allways go for a different look using different brands of paint

14. ViniVidiVici

Yeah I guess, it really is all personal choice. I mean it's all good, Ironlak and MTN, I wouldn't really care which I used... at least it's not Krylon haha.

15. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

who the fuck uses krylon who you seriously order the cans offline?
    but ironlak is dope as hell an cheapish
    works really nice...doesnt really drip at all

16. ViniVidiVici

hahaha no man I wasn't saying I buy Krylon online hahahaha. I was talking about quality. it was a joke... well not really, cuz Krylon does suck.

17. pilerskee

pilerskee Senior Member

if anyone here was using ironlaks in Aus in there first few years starting up and before they went to the states then that question would be a joke. Ironlaks have come a long way..but i think that i depends what your after, coverage..derr ironlaks, colour range..well your going to go for montanas. I get ironlaks cause im an aussie and thats what ive always used pretty much, i just miss there old smell :)

18. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

Ironlak hands down.
    Although i never tried the new MTN 94 cans.

19. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

I fuckin love the smell of ironlak shits like candy

20. markingz.

markingz. Banned

haha, paint smells like shit man what you talkin bout