Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

lotta dopeness on this page. keep it up fellas. Sear ive always liked your steez and i see a definate progression even without the comparison. And you stuff lately is cleaner than bleach homie. Can control for real. Keep it up!

2. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

Sear was one of the dopest in this forum, and he had different styles of letters that he tweaked, and he was clean and had mad color schemes.

3. Vergz

Vergz Member

4. paintfaceVT

paintfaceVT Senior Member

Yo Sear, Im not sayin I dont have talent, you have progressed alot, ill give you that, but your letters need work, thats all I was saying, people give you good crits on here because your the best who post, you need to work on letter structure and color scheming. thats all, not talking shit, not hating giving you legit crits, like at the bottom of your new piece, the connection between the EA completely bad, looks awful, dont do that. just giving crits homie not tryin to beef.

5. bloodywarfare

bloodywarfare Member

Brains-that shit is dope
    Sear-your stuff keeps getting better and better
    I haven't posted in a mad long time. The first one is an old ass sketch so fuck it. The other two are exchanges I did like two days ago
    Crits??
    ai964.photobucket.com_albums_ae127_fuwafuwafuwi_Picture41.jpg
    ai964.photobucket.com_albums_ae127_fuwafuwafuwi_Picture40.jpg
    ai964.photobucket.com_albums_ae127_fuwafuwafuwi_Picture37.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  6. extinct

extinct Senior Member

Have you seen the main black book thread?

7. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

thanks for all you heads showin love

I dont really care what heads on here say mainly because most of em dont paint, my letters may be off at times because everything is freestyled on the spot and theres no going there with a game plan with color schemes its whatever comes to mind when i get the urge to paint, i can go on paper and bust out some super proper clean shit with crazy extensions and nice structure but its not the same as the style that ive come up with on the wall, and i like the style i got now mainly because that shit is all me, not influenced by anyone, just me progressing over time with the can, and for people saying my letters look the same, well talk to me when you paint 3 or 4 pieces a week and see how many new variations of letters you can freestyle everytime that dont look wack.
    think before you sink.

*example
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3231_5850388725_a208030e7b_b.png
    Roe by StuckInTha90's, on Flickr
    now this looks alot better and more complex than what i paint but it doesnt bring the same satisfaction something i just painted on the spot does just because this shits not original, any cat can sit there and take their time and draw something dope and crazy looking but how many times can you do it before you realize it looks like millions of other peoples shit, so i would rather build my own steez with paint and take it from there

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  8. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

i actually like your painted shit more than that sketch. and the only thing that stuck out to me was the 3d accent colors on that last one. a monocromatic blue woulda been sic. But i feel ya on the painting man, alotta these kids dont get out there and do there thing like that. And alot that do take a folded up sketch with em. I feel ya though. Keep on crushin man.

9. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

aight dope that its all freestyling props for that

10. fromthegrave

fromthegrave Senior Member

menace- stick with the letters ur painting. no one else has a new piece on every page in this forum. and the letters are alright. the flow is good. its clean for the most part. colors dont matter much
    ai52.tinypic.com_b3jxol.gif

11. always crushin

always crushin Moderator

12. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

grind - dope style man,idk why you say the first one is shit,its pretty dope.that gohns peice is sick ,i just dont like the arrow coming from the bottom of the "g" but that "g" is still proper as hell.

sear - i agree with herbn that your painted work is better than that sketch,but you shouldnt be so worried about what people say on here,its just the internet anyways bro.

noes - that "n" looks like a retarded "t" and i think a donut "o" would have been much better choice,the "es" is nice and simple,i dig the fillin also

slotr - flicks or its bullshit,i can post my paint stash too and say "yeah man im putting mad work in!! " but in reality im not,most of your painted shit is on a skate-ramp ,dont front. that sketch isnt bad at all though,the best ive seen from you really,ima tell u some crits on what i would take off,dont get butthurt now. that arrow on the bottom of the "r" ..that extension poping out the top side of the "s" shooting to the left ..the left bar of the "r" would have made a way doper "L" ..and all of your "o'" look the same,try making it have the same style as your other letters..the "L" going on top of the "s" and that wierd shit to the right of the "L" and on the top left side of the "O"..on the positive i think that "s" ( without the extension i talked about ) is real nice,and the "t" is fresh,but i would have made the right side like the left,for a more mean look.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  13. paintfaceVT

paintfaceVT Senior Member

everything you just said about that noes simp, screams personal opinion and not helpful critique.

14. fromthegrave

fromthegrave Senior Member

nah its chill ll dum it down fo the nikka. ill post a sketch ltr

15. extinct

extinct Senior Member

Bump ... Tofe even if you go hard in the paint your still wack...

16. -Wings-

-Wings- Senior Member

I honestly dont think you could say sear is the BEST who post in this thread. Yes hes good, he can paint super clean. Buuuut I agree with you the fact the his letter needs works a tad bit. A bit more flow in the S specificly as compared to his usual letters. I personally also think that wildstyle piece youve done on paper isnt even up to par with your paint shit. I like how your stuff isnt completely wild, i feel as if you might go more crazy as you go on in painting !

Props sear, keep gettin up dude. Just dont gain a ego because you paint frequently.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  17. Bilnek

Bilnek Senior Member

18. bloodywarfare

bloodywarfare Member

I'll exchange dude. I write Grind.

WATCHU WRITE NUGGA???!!

19. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

I'll exchange too.

I agree with the *****' Seyo, people like Sear really do get big egos over posting pieces painted done in secluded ass chill spots on the internet.

People that put in work for real shouldn't have to act like they're all hood.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  20. extinct

extinct Senior Member

There is a writer in van who writes each. Sure he gets up ALOT but he has a gay ass ego... Trust if you get one nobody will like you... It's the social aspect of graff