Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Abandoned Things and Urban Exploration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dcite, Mar 16, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Soggybottom

Soggybottom Member

lol yeah, that's just how i framed it. there are steel girders holding the roof up on either side of the photo

2. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

3. CandyRain88

CandyRain88 Senior Member

was it falling while you took the picture?
    edit:never mind im pretty sure nobaody has invented floating bricks yet

4. Private Eye

Private Eye Member

how do you get the night sky to look like that? these are so really good pictures

5. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

6. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

he used a long exposure
    when the shutter is left open for a long period of time more of the ambient light reflecting off the sky enters the camera and the sky takes on a glow

7. Private Eye

Private Eye Member

i no that. nighttime is my favorite time to shoot just those pictures look like they were edited with an effect the colors dont look natural

8. CakeWalk99

CakeWalk99 Senior Member

This place creeps the creeps outta me. I wana check it out, but its not worth it. ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b351_faized_scaryplace.jpg

9. Baszma

Baszma Senior Member

Looks tight, I'd check it out.

I'll take pictures if I can tonight, I'm going rooftop to rooftop downtown where the buildings are close enough, there's always interesting new shit up there every time I go.

10. RhodeIsland

RhodeIsland Elite Member

lawl at your towns name

11. CakeWalk99

CakeWalk99 Senior Member

Places like that are interesting as hell. Anyone ever ran into anyone else in these kinda places?

12. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

nope but i always have my knife out and ready just in case. you never know what kind of people you might run into, if there are any people there at all.
    better safe than sorry...

13. fitzy36

fitzy36 Senior Member

theres some many abandon buildings near me...my favorite is a huge abandoned hospital... so creepy cause they still have the beds in there and it looks like its out of a horror movie but i'll take pics and post em' when i go back

14. Woven

Woven Senior Member

ive ran into random people i know in places like that

15. High Life

High Life Member

You have got to be the absolute biggest puss.
    You give everybody cigs so they dont jump you?
    I wish i went to highschool with you.

16. blaje

blaje Senior Member

theres an abandoned union ammo factory from the civil war(peters cartridge factory) about 45 minutes from my house, up by kings island(Ohio)
    i haven't been inside yet, their were people their restoring it or some shit when i was their...
    the owners have a big paint-ball thing their every year...but don't use it for much else.
    heres some googled pictures of the place
    View attachment 440626
    View attachment 440627
    View attachment 440628

17. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Back when I lived in Kansas City, I use to attend High School about 10 minutes away from this abandoned castle. The place is said to be haunted so on Halloween night, we went to check out the grounds. Needless to say, I was scared shitless because I swear to God, I saw a couple of strange things (I'm not the only one who saw 'em either). We didn't get to roam the castle but I've always wanted to go back and actually take my own picture there.

Here's some Google pictures;
    [Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/ksregphotos/Sauer_Castle.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v484_devilishwillow75_SauerCastleV.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.hauntedhouses.com/photos/ks-sauers-3228.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.darkwoodhouse.com/Sauer_Castle_sm.jpg
    afarm3.static.flickr.com_2221_2354124241_a1ca154690.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg
    FYI; This castle is said to be haunted by a civil war couple that committed suicide. The lady hung herself from the tower because she thought her husband had died in the war. And, the husband shot himself in the head upon returning home to find his wife's lifeless body in the tower.

*If any KC head wants to go check this place out with me when I'm in KC this summer, send me a PM.

18. CakeWalk99

CakeWalk99 Senior Member

That place is creepy as hell! I wish I had the balls to walk into places like that. Its just too big of a risk. Great pictures!

19. SBOMBS

SBOMBS Elite Member

20. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member