Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

looks like shit, it goes from thin to deformed, not thinner to thicker. that extension on top of the E also looks like shit. your 3d is also fucked up in some places

2. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

I like that syn. Your improving. Get a little more funk with your W.

Crits? Not so sure about the cuts in my bars.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00468_20111204_16e8ce756359c625e9e560c6e635856e9d.jpg

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

erase the M, move it to the left, and then make it so your U isnt hidden. you got a bunch of space to the left on that page, so use it

4. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

i like it but maybe make both parts on the bottom of the M the same
    andy crits on this?
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7158_6456191523_005c21444c.png
    Picture 123 by SkateJunt, on Flickr

5. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Ok seriously. Are you outlining your letters in pencil and then going over in sharpie, or are you just doing it freestyle with a sharpie? I find it hard to believe for someone who can't even make straight letters. Break down your letters into bars.

6. TBS

TBS Senior Member

i'm guessing you mean the Kemos one? now that i look at it that Tiger one i sent you is rather shite.. Fuck knows to be honest.. just trying some new shit i guess. will blast out something half decent tomorrow. whole fucking day off! GET IN!

7. ribcage

ribcage Banned

thats sweet, day offs are always fun... i get to wake up @ 330. And yes, i meant the kemos one. o and its you vs extinct in the last round of the round robin, so hit him up and decide on a battle

8. dest1

dest1 Member

sup guys, first time postin pics, just a quick sketch im playin wit, any crits are apreciated, ill be colorin it later tonight so sorry for the light pencil lines. (thinking of a limeish green fade to a yellow that ends about halfwayup but still has a yellowish inline around most the letter, with probally a grey letter outline..not really good with 3d yet so ill prolly leave that off.)

des3.jpg des2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  9. dest1

dest1 Member

handy i been gettin up with..
    deshandy.jpg
    sketch im about to color (yellow/greens,white,grey outline)
    des3.jpg

some other ishhh...
    throwsket.jpg throwmark.jpg
    yellwer.jpg

10. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Moved my M over

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00471_20111204_19b04ffc66f94aa6d68346929660c650e3.jpg

Good shit Des! All around skill on your stuff.

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

and it looks better. those inside lines tho, your overusing them, and some are in the wrong place. id take em out or only use 1 per letter. i used to try that shit and everytime i did it i regretted it...

12. dest1

dest1 Member

thanks mues..yah try cutting down on those inside cut lines,use them in spots where it comes to a point but not more than once a letter(or a bar)until u get a little more control in your letters.

13. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

I'm getting that feeling too. I just thought I'd give it a shot after seeing this Sufer piece like on his R, but I'll prolly just scrap it.

awww.globalgraphica.com_main_archives_sufer.jpg

14. dest1

dest1 Member

i looks dope, but notice he did it only once? not over-doing those things is the key. i make the same mistake all the time.

15. ribcage

ribcage Banned

lol theres some major differences, and reasons why and why not to use those cuts. In your case, a straight letter, with no movement, you have no need for those cuts. The reason why he put that cut there is to imply the movent from the top of the curve bar to the kick, also making it all one bar ya dig?
    the only reason why he use it once is becuase thats the only spot that called for it

16. dest1

dest1 Member

truth..

17. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Round 2. Still not even close to perfect. Crit it.

1323053336440.jpg

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

top bar of E sucks, top bar of T is lackin on the left side, make it mirror the right, and make it the same width. K and W are obese looking, top bar of S is weird, and the W and T still sit lowe than the rest... theirs now a weird space in between the W's outside bars, make the middle part go up higher, and maybe make those outside bars at a sharper angle. peace

19. Hapa

Hapa Senior Member

I realize how much of a toy I am but im just lookin for any feedback on a couple ideas

hapa piece2.jpg
    hapa sketch.jpg

Attached Files:

20. Hapa

Hapa Senior Member

and i know how gay that arrow looks and the pencil hapa sketch is half assed