Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Politics and Religion discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lakim shabazz, Mar 15, 2011.

Share This Page

1. must.bomb.chicago

must.bomb.chicago Member

I'm from chicago. where most, if not all politics are corrupt in some way or another

2. Wha

Wha Member

You hate politics but do you like Fireworks?

3. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

fixed

to me politics is a ballence between the logistics of a nation and a means of control

4. MAST

MAST Elite Member

you sound just as bad as the close-minded religious ones. like you know all of this for sure. no one does. stop acting like you do.

5. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

No on can really be sure about anything. I could potentially be a ten eyed government-sponsored-experiment-gone-wrong tarantula-human living in a cave in the north pole telepathically leaving messages on Bombing Science. Can you prove I am not? No, but you have reasonable expectations on why I am not: I have posted pictures of graffiti, speak about things relevant to what a graffiti writer would speak about, have fairly normal human attributes, maybe posted blurred non-arachnid pictures of myself in the past, no internet in the north pole, etc. It is not YOUR duty to prove I am NOT a human-tarantula, it is my duty to prove I am (since it is out of the ordinary). Religion is in the business of making extraordinary claims not supported by any evidence (and in fact proven WRONG by science and controlled observation). It is the duty of a religion to prove they are right before stating any "extraordinary claim" as fact. It is impossible for me to do the opposite against it. I do act as if I "know the truth" but the only thing I do is call their bullshit claims for what evidence shows us they are: un-scientific, un provable, extra ordinary claims that are circular in logic that can not be proven or dis-proven.
    WTFCaptcha-Baseball.jpg

6. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

^ you just wasted aload of time when you couldve just said russell's teapot.

7. FuckMcNasty

FuckMcNasty Senior Member

8. B-36

B-36 Senior Member

Politics are usually fucked up anywhere you go but in America it seems soooo much more fucked up, why? Is it bcuz almost everyone there are crazy Christian people who believe State and church shouldnt be seperated? Or is everyone being mindfucked by the Goverment? (lol)

9. earf

earf Senior Member

screw organized religion

10. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

"if ya mathematics don't tally up then death be the penalty"

do the math

11. ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger Member

it's not too fucked up in america. Places like China, where if you practice certain religious beliefs such as Falun Gong they'll lock you up, torture you, and remove your vital organs.... or in countries in Africa they have young kids digging for precious stones and gold (sometimes at gunpoint) malnourished without shoes on under the hot sun in tattered clothes.

12. rave316

rave316 Senior Member

Take it from a guy who has seen this shit avenger makes a valid point, America is not as close to being as fucked up as a lot of these other countries are.

13. Wha

Wha Member

14. PIECE

PIECE Senior Member

I used to be a close minded, licensed Souther Baptist Minister...then I went to school at a private baptist school surrounded by the same...then I moved to China. While in China I learned the true message of Christ; a message of hope, love, peace and encouragement. Being close minded just does the exact opposite of what christians are asked to do as followers of Christ, and reach out and share your love. It's simple, be outspoken about your faith, but if someone doesn't want that or agree, it's ok. I think sometimes fellow christians are incredibly over zealous, hateful, pushy, and flat out ignorant, and that just pushes people away. Cool thing about being in China was I was accepted for who I was. When the missionaries living in our city would push their beliefs (they believed that their time was extremely limited and they needed to tell EVERYONE before it was too late) it just pushed people away and made them uncomfortable. Something cool happened with me though. I had a group of friends I played table tennis and basketball with every day starting at 4AM. One day of of them asked me what I felt about evolution. I told them I believed heavily in adaptation, but I still believed in creationism. They proceeded to ask me about my religion and what it was like (keep in mind, they know pretty much nothing of religion in a closed communist country). I simply explained to them who Christ was and how I felt about him, and that I pray every day, including for them to know peace and love. I never prayed for them to "become christians" or "accept the good book," just to know these things. And that was that. Then my last day there, I had no idea they had done this. but they had done research on their own, came to me and Adith, one of the guys, says to me "you're always so happy, and we want this. We want to know what you know." So I baptized them there on the spot, in my bathroom with bottles of water and a bowl. It was pure, healthy, desired religion. That's what it's about. Those missionaries never found that because they were so busy pushing THEIR agenda, not the one the bible preaches. Love, faith, and peace. That's it.
    Here's Adam baptizing Adith after I baptized him:
    Picture045.jpg

I'm perfectly ok with everyone's beliefs. We have to believe in something, even if it is a blief in nothing. I just hope every day that I'm not judged by others actions, but I understand most of the time it is well warranted with the way most christians act.

15. DM17

DM17 Member

16. drapes1125

drapes1125 Elite Member

I personally believe that the muslim religion is the right religion Ima white guy but my mom married some Arabic guy and I went to muslim school for a couple years and it was actually kinda cool and the mosque is the perfect place to go to meet some cool people like writers and find connection on lotsa shit I still go to this warehouse from when I was a kid n u can get some cool ass toys and swords n posters n shit but yeah islam is pretty cool religion u say 5 prayers throughout the day and you can say the prayers of mohammed which come in handy when your girls on her period or something and kama sutra is basically just having sex on a prayer rug