Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Punk Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. M3KA1!

M3KA1! Elite Member

nay doode. he came through nasty ville and we played with him and spent much time gettin to know him. genuinely he aint a bad guy and he plays decent music. but he straight up said to us he rode freight and we all got into a conversation bout it. it was clear after like 30 seconds hed never set foot on a train. it wasnt meant to be a hardcore diss. but it is annoying for the people that actually go out and do the thing to have some guy tell us how hes much better at it

2. thebigswell

thebigswell Member

favorite punk bands: Fugazi, Bad Brains, Black flag, Inside Out, Gang of four, Shellac, The jesus lizard, adolescents, circle jerks, gorilla biscuts, one last wish, hoover, faraquet, rites of spring, the dead milkmen, drive like jehu, reagan youth, the clash, youth brigade (dc)

punk bands i hate: ramones, sex pistols, rancid, NoFX, Pennywise, nirvana (maybe punk?), any nazi punk, streetlight manifesto, punk ska, folk punk

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  3. thebigswell

thebigswell Member

i also really dig the minutemen and the replacements

4. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

you have good taste, although specific

5. M3KA1!

M3KA1! Elite Member

At the gates, Catharsis, Dark Nation, The Decemberists, Defiance Ohio, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Catherine, Catheter, Dystopia, Fall of the bastards, Oakhelm, Finntroll, Ganglion, Garmonbozia, Kylesa, Langhorne Slim, Mischief Brew, Ghost Mice, Moral Decay, Neurosis, Oroku, Two gallants, Never say surrender, You and me and the devil makes three, Phobia
    didnt bother putting any of those in a genre. too lazy

6. appache

appache Senior Member

anyone play in crust / grind bands?

7. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member

i like against me!, btmi!, johnny hobo, pat the bunny, strike anywhere, nofx, streetlight manifesto, big d and the kids table, black flag, the bouncing souls, dead kennedys, Defiance ohio, old green day, minor threat (but not ian macaye cause he's fucking arrogant), olddd misfits, op ivy, rancid, ramones, rise against..i'll listen to anything really.

8. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Aside from BTMI, Johnny Hobo/PTB, Defiance, Ohio, your entire list is the same thing I get from every kid in an Exploited T-shirt I see.

9. jandrespees

jandrespees New Member

10. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

Probably because Against Me!, NoFX, Black Flag, Bouncing Souls, DK, Green Day (slappy comp / kerplunk), minor threat, misfits, and Op Ivy are all great bands that everybody should know.

Its not any kids fault that they don't have any half decent local shows or have anyone older to find good shit from.

11. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Eh, NOFX and Green Day are bands I just can't stand..

Other than NOFX's one Ska album.. ha. And the song "Nubs."

but yeah, I was just pointing out something I noticed. I'd be willing to help him get more into it if he wanted to.

12. RFI. SPit

RFI. SPit Moderator

POWERVIOLENCE
    GRINDCORE
    POWERVIOLENCE
    GRINDCORE
    POWERVIOLENCE
    GRINDCORE
    CRUST
    CRUST
    CRUST

for ever.

13. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member

Actually there are a couple of local bands that I was too lazy to mention like spoonboy, James disaster, the sticky bandits, and bookworm. I live in the wash. Dc area and the scene here has recently been taking a turn in the right direction..

14. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

Ha I wasn't actually calling you out, just saying I never hate on people for just knowing only more popular bands. I just dislike people who are close minded or think they know everything there is to know.

15. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Who said that?
    Ah, whatever.

16. trashtalk

trashtalk Senior Member

black flag, bad brains, pennywise, bouncing souls, cro mags, DEA, desendents, gorilla biscuits, gob, h20, 7 seconds, Minor threat just to name a few

17. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

18. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member

haha aight i got ya.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesDisasterPunx#p/u/30/iiC8jTXkclw
    my friend's youtube channel...I'm glad someone is documenting the scene..it's so hard to find a nice quality video of minor threat.

19. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  20. jiveONE

jiveONE Senior Member