Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tagging with a photographer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PseudoPlacebo, Dec 29, 2008.

Share This Page

1. PseudoPlacebo

PseudoPlacebo New Member

I'm a photographer, and I've always been interested in writers and their lives and the meaning behind the graffiti that no one realizes (and others add where there isn't any).

I'm curious- how many of you would allow a photographer like me chill with you for a day/night or two and take pictures? Would you require me to never show your face? Would you wear a mask? Would you wanna hang out with me without a camera to scope me out?

I'm just curious, I'm looking to reach out to writers in my area, and I'm wondering how they might want to be approached, and what situation they'd like.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. BORG

BORG Moderator

i like the idea of this thread, so im approving for now..........

be respectful and keep the nonsense to a minimum

3. kill_fred

kill_fred Senior Member

id be cool with that shit if you know i wasnt all toy and whatnot.most writers are dicks tho and usually have inflated egos.and the rest are hella paranoid like me.haha.at least all the ones ive met.its hard to find those fuckers too sometimes(for obvious reasons)

4. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

im very sketched out about everyone, maybe its the weed or the jailtime, either way if someone offered to hang out an take pics i would have to hang out with them for a day so i would be sure their not a cop, look at your partfolio ask certain questions a cop wouldnt be able to answer, then theres a physical ofcourse cause if im running you bet your ass your running too

5. RekoFromGeico

RekoFromGeico Senior Member

i would be straight with it, but i would have to have a 100% answer your not the longarm.
    if you would chill for like a day or two or three so i would be positive, i wouldnt see a problem.
    and fuck being paranoid, lol ill hit shit up in the day, i got stamina, i can run. hahaha

6. LostYouth

LostYouth Elite Member

this has to be the most ridiculous thread i have seen in a while
    no you can not take pictures of me doing something illegal
    no i dont want to meet a stranger and "hang out" (get raped) for a day
    no i dont trust you and your one post
    but yes, i do think your a cop
    *face palm*

7. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

i remember ive seen a thing on tv before, it was like realTV or some shit, the cops went out and spread word that they need street artists to show them how they paint and the best ones get to be in a super uber graff movie, kids showed up tagged for the on camera and shit. and then went to jail.

dont ever get too cocky, graff is sketch, and if your not youll end up like buket and revok

+1111111111

btw happy late b day youth

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  8. PILLOWROCK

PILLOWROCK Member

9. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

10. PILLOWROCK

PILLOWROCK Member

maybe not. ask that one a little less interested.

11. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

12. jape-the-nape

jape-the-nape Elite Member

my mate is a photographer,we allways chill 2getha

shit works out great

13. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

I'm a photographer too, and if you said to me that you wanted to chill and take flicks while I pieced or something, I guess it would just take a few moments to know if you're really telling the truth or if your ass is wired or not. Truth be told - I'm not a big fan of getting my flicks taken or shit like that, that's a different story, but it doesn't take long for a shutterfinger to recognize another shutterfinger.

But I think you're a pig though, with that sleazy one postcount of yours. And if you are, then you sir are PHAIL, tell the longarm to stop devising stupid ass schemes to punk out writers, what are you guys going to come up with next?

Oh "would you mind if I chilled with you and you taught me how to piece and can control and show me where your fellow bombers hang so we can all have a good time" ?

Not assuming shit though, one.

14. peng.2

peng.2 Senior Member

sounds like cop asking for advice so he can trap writers on te streets. if you ask me.
    but i guess it would be cool. eh

15. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

the first thing i thought of when i read the first post was
    "I smell bacon"

16. twisties

twisties Elite Member

Pork is roasting here or what?

Seriously anyone putting this up on a forum is just asking for trouble. Fine if your friend who you;ve known for ages isn't a squealer or ain't no pig...But asking on a forum to hang with someone you want to see write so you can play happy snaps fuck that.

17. SBOMBS

SBOMBS Elite Member

ive done it...got some real nice pics...the man was a family friend...i even did some day time bombing and he was like...ill take the blame:p

18. tha wite rabbit

tha wite rabbit Senior Member

Internet rape victim shares her story

By MARY M. RALL
    Alaska Star

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie Hasbrouck, 19, began meeting people from Internet chat rooms in person when she was 15, a habit that led to her life spiraling out of control.
    STAR PHOTO BY MARY M. RALL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the second in a four-part series addressing dangers that exist on the Internet for young people, what parents can do to help protect them from online predators and steps law enforcement is taking to make the Internet safer.
    Stephanie Hasbrouck has taken control of her life - a huge feat considering she wanted nothing more than to end it a few years ago.

Hasbrouck, 19, of Fort Richardson has survived suicide attempts, drug and alcohol abuse and rape.

She admits she wasn't always thinking clearly as an Eagle River teenager, but can look back now and see how her life began to go off course and knows she might have experienced far fewer trials had she never discovered Internet chat rooms.

Hasbrouck said she began exploring chat rooms to make new friends when she was about 12, her favorites being regional Alaska rooms featured on Yahoo!

"I guess I found it easier. People couldn't judge me just because they didn't know exactly who I was," she said.

It wasn't long before Hasbrouck had a collection of online friends to replace those she felt were growing distant offline.

"I think at that point in my life, all my friends outside of the Internet were kind of going downhill, so instead of meeting people in real life, I used the Internet to meet people," she said, adding that she found a sense of acceptance online she couldn't find anywhere else.

"I felt popular. I knew I wasn't really in life, so I was like, 'I can go on the Internet and all these people will talk to me,'" she said.

Michael Wilts, Hasbrouck's father, said she developed an insatiable desire to be on the Internet and navigated it with frightening ease, often carrying on as many as 10 private conversations at once.

"It was so easy. Basically all you would have to do is go in there and say, 'I'm looking for people to talk to,' and you'd have all these people talking to you at the same time," Hasbrouck said.

She said she developed a false sense of security online and started to take the relationships to the next level by meeting people in person when she was about 15 - an experience that sometimes had surprising results.

Hasbrouck said one meeting in particular involving an unidentified man who misrepresented himself stands out in her mind. She said she had talked with him online him for about a day before meeting him in person at the Eagle River Carrs grocery store with her 7-year-old sister, Shelby, in tow.

"That was probably the freakiest guy I ever met. He said he was military and that sort of drew me because I was drawn to military guys," Hasbrouck said, adding he had described himself as a six-foot-tall 21-year-old with blond hair.

She describes the man who showed up for the meeting as being about 40, short with dirty blond hair and missing teeth. She said he played off the discrepancies in his appearance as a misunderstanding.

Feeling uncomfortable, Hasbrouck, used her sister as an excuse to leave and never talked to him online again, although he did manage to get her to take his phone number before leaving.

She said such unusual encounters didn't cause her to stop meeting her online friends and estimates she met about 20 people overall, relying on her judgment as to what happened next.

"I had a lot of people ask me if I wanted to leave Carrs and go for a ride," Hasbrouck said. "Sometimes I went with them. It depended on if I felt comfortable with them."

Over time, she developed a number of relationships, some of which were positive and remain her friends today, she said, while others contributed to a lifestyle that became increasingly out of control.

Wilts said many of the adult men his daughter met online would brazenly come to her home to pick her up or would encourage her to sneak out to meet them, hindering his ability to control her behavior.

"We were trying to get her corralled in, but these are dangerous situations where any day you're thinking she's going to end up in a ditch somewhere," he said. "As a parent, you're trying to teach her this is not the way to meet people."

He said many of the men would buy her drugs and alcohol as a means of winning her favor or taking advantage of her.

By the time she was 15, Hasbrouck was resisting her parents' authority at every turn and became a habitual runaway, oftentimes relying on her online network of friends to help her.

Running away following an argument with her parents in April 2002, Hasbrouck arranged a meeting with an online friend at an Anchorage mall. He brought his then 21-year-old friend, Shawn Hager, of Anchorage with him.

"I was starting to run out of places to go," Hasbrouck said, adding that Hager offered to provide her with a place to stay if she ever needed it.

"Lo and behold, that night I couldn't get ahold of anyone to stay with, so I called Shawn," she said. "I had someone drive me over there and everything was OK for two weeks, (but) all of a sudden his attitude changed. He became a completely different person."

She said Hager went from being a "nice and courteous" guy who let her have her space and private use of his Anchorage apartment's bedroom to someone who was volatile and touchy. Hasbrouck said she thought the personality change was odd, but felt she could deal with it and had nowhere else to go.

Soon after, Hager raped her twice in one night, she said.

Hasbrouck said she felt trapped in the house and had to wait a week before she felt safe enough to call for help.

"He had no phone, so the only contact I could have was a half a mile down the road at a payphone," she said. "I pretty much stayed in the house. He told me not to leave. He'd come home, and if I wasn't there, he'd get mad."

Then Hager left for work one day, and she seized the opportunity to call her mother, Sandra, to come get her. Hasbrouck said Hager has since been convicted of second and third degree sexual abuse of a minor, served his time and was released from prison.

But the road back from the attack has been a long and difficult one for her, Hasbrouck said.

She said she sank even further into alcohol and drug abuse, attempted suicide several times, committed self-mutilation and was held for multiple hospital observations before her parents sent her to Desert Springs Medical Center in Midland, Texas, in October 2002 for eight months of intensive treatment to help her deal with the trauma of the rape and her self-destructive behavior.

Hasbrouck returned home determined to get her life back on track.

Wilts said he couldn't be more proud of his daughter, who will be belatedly graduating from high school this year. She married a Fort Richardson soldier, Spc. Nick Hasbrouck, last June.

Ironically enough, Hasbrouck met Nick in an Internet chat room, a habit that didn't completely cease when she returned from Texas, although she says she spends increasingly less time online and still experiences personal trials.

"I have a hard time trusting people," Hasbrouck said. "When I met my husband, for the longest time, I couldn't trust him."

Still, Hasbrouck said she is pushing forward with her life and expects to be moved by the Army to Fort Campbell, Ky., in the upcoming months and hopes to enroll in nursing school.

"Once we get there and get settled, I'd like to start taking classes at a college and start getting a job and kind of go from there," she said. "Hopefully one day I'll have kids."

Hasbrouck said it feels good to look toward the future and hopes parents and young people will learn from her experience.

"Now I know it was dangerous. I honestly feel lucky that I got out of every situation," she said, adding she's forever changed from the experience.

Thats why you dont meet people on the internet.

19. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

inflated egos make em wanna get those flicks.

it all depends on the trust of the writer. i would like it. having pictures of myself in action would be dope. but i wouldnt just let some shmuck do it. a few writers i know are basically amatuer photographers but can take damn good pictures. i would trust them over some cat who would want to.

a photographer dosent understand the amount of shit he's holding if they got chased. for a serious writer, who gets up enough. your basically holding his freedom in that black box with a lens.

personally, i wouldnt go all out. it would be back streets with a few tags. maybe one overpass for a few dope flicks. then thats it. most writers i've painted with cannot keep up with me, i doubt a photographer would be able to.

unfortunatly, the only writers that will answer your calls are gonna be toys who havent done shit and wont get you good pictures.

but if your really interested in it. start with the toys. it's like graff in the respect that you wont get what you want overnight, hell prolly not even in a year. you gotta get your name out first. writers like to talk. and if you have a good name behind you, the toy you took pictures of tells a better writer. you hook up with him. he tells a better writer. shit like that.

but chances are if writers found out.. so will the police. so stay on your toes because the cops know you have the case they've been waitin for in your camera.

but if you were to be a cop tryin to gain the trust of writers through this technique... you'll get your ass beat the first time you turn someone in. and the word will spread like wildfire. that'll be the end of your "career". and is it really worth your time to follow around kids in the hopes that a dope writer will get at you? i dont think so.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  20. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

eh, id rather see video of me painting than a picture. chill spot photos would be cool though.