Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. xGORILLAx1981

xGORILLAx1981 New Member

Has anyone found a good black recipe for BLACK ink using some bottled ink (Calligraphy maybe?) I use about 60 black pens, 72% Rubbing Alcohol, DOT3, and super glue but im sick of the purple ish hue.

2. badder boy

badder boy Senior Member

pour it all inside your mouth and gargle 100% purification process

3. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

100+++ black pens(The more the better), a jar of pilot black (find it at a decent art store), 3/4 cup 99% alc, or naptha(i prefer PVC primer but its purple, stains good though). No dot 3, no glue.

Calligraphy ink in mostly water based, there are a few alc based ones out there though.

You could also look into black opaque dyes. leather dye or seat belt/auto dye works well.

And to get the most out of pen ink, always let them sit in the alc or chem as long as possible, i also suspend them above the bottom of the jar so i get more out and its easier to clean up. and i use just a tiny bit (enough to cover the bottom of the jar about 1/2 an inch) add alittle more alc over the pen cases (you can rubber band them together and put a stick through em to suspend them) to wash the remaining ink down.

With 100+ pens it should be more of a sludge before you add your other inks and what not.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. Beko

Beko Senior Member

will 70% alcohol skew my results?

5. "MONSTER"

"MONSTER" Member

i actually found a way to put india ink to good use but its in paint not ink you can also take the ink u get from the pens this paint will be way more permanent than the that other stuff

-gray latex paint (or any bucket paint)
    -india ink
    -sanford roll on stamp pad ink
    -dot 3 brake fluid
    -paint thinner

but then again its not ink but if u r serious about getting up this stuff lasts way longer than pen ink if u want to kno the actual recipe hit me up on my profile

6. "MONSTER"

"MONSTER" Member

Photo_00103.jpg

heres my workspace and all my Roosters Brew ink (copy right) im no toy but im willing to help

7. xGORILLAx1981

xGORILLAx1981 New Member

Is Kiwi leather dye any good to throw in the mix? \

8. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

70% is not as good but it works. i wouldnt like to use it though. But maybe its just piece of mind.

Monster - your in Denton? im in Lewisville.. Anywho, what good does dot 3 do in a paint mixture. none that im aware of. Its purpose in ink is to extend drying time to let dyes set for stains. And you want paint to dry quicker... And by adding ink to paint your really just tinting the paint... And its permanent because its paint... It can be painted over. Many inks bleed through new paint. So i dont see how thats any better than any other any other paint or method.

Not trying to hate or call you out just askin. And are you thinning the hell out of it so itll run through a nib or just using mops?

And if you wanna get serious about long lasting and hardcore inks you should make a bitumen ink.

-And yes Leather dyes are effective. there dyes tho there meant to stain. Some people add dot 3 (a tiny bit) some dont. Ive never really used it and ive made some serious inks that have lasted just fine outdoors and in.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  9. Beko

Beko Senior Member

HERBN & MONSTER- lol im from dfw area! Well like 30 min out but not to far from downtown fort worth. But im there all the time

10. no-sleep

no-sleep Senior Member

how can one make bitumen ink?

11. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Theres a couple diff ways. it kinda complicated but its been talked about on here plenty before. Do a search.

12. the b0y who destroyed the

the b0y who destroyed the New Member

hahahhaahahah faggot

13. "MONSTER"

"MONSTER" Member

im useing gray paint and the ink to make it darker dot 3 eats through paint wich is good for dumpsters and green electric boxes and yes its super thin and drips awesomely

14. "MONSTER"

"MONSTER" Member

hahahhaahahah faggot

fuk u u dnt even hav any flicks up u cant fuk with in this graff shit so tighten up aight

15. stank

stank New Member

i like to throw a little bit of leather dye or cloth dye in my home made inks it helps stain almost everything. it also makes it a bit thinner for better drips if you use premixed leather dye

16. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Heavy Dyes also tend to bleed through paint as well.

17. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Theres a hood method of doing it with Tar and asphalt that you find on fresh blacktop roads. unless you can jack a bucket from a work site. but if you dont have your own place i wouldnt recommend it, is fumes are dangerous when your cooking it down, and will stank up a whole house, and its flammable with chemicals involved, which your heating

18. Theartofverb

Theartofverb Member

So I made my first mop out of an eye dropper some sponge stuff for the nib and some latex paint and water I had laying around what can I add to it to make it streak less

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  19. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

ai880.photobucket.com_albums_ac9_gatsoi_IMG_20120818_134607.jpg
    Home made ink and mop. This shit stains hard...

20. Hughes326

Hughes326 Banned

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012