Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Get Legal Walls?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SPINage, Mar 21, 2006.

Share This Page

1. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

I wrote a letter to the town board, and within two months my wall whas there.
    :D

2. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

really, wow idk if there any legal walls in my home city or in the city im in right now what the letter say?

3. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

Just that i got arrested but that i want to continue my hobby on a legal way

4. dim

dim Elite Member

what you do is one night you bomb the shit out of a store then the next day go to the store owner and tell them you have a way to get rid of the graffiti problem by putting up a mural then the "graffiti kids" wont paint over the mural out of respect as long as its a graffiti mural that is. if that doesnt work you cna always sell your soul to the devil im sure he can help

5. Asyd

Asyd Member

where i live alot of the towns have skate parks that were put there by the local government and if you go into the town office and find out who is in control of it and ask their permission usually they will let you bomb the shit out of the skate park... also towns have been known to allow writers to go at the courts and do shit on the ground to cover up the ugly squiggles people do... if you take sketches of work you'd like to put up some towns will let you do it if it will look nice on like public restrooms just as long as they know it isnt crime related and is more artsy that someones shitty handstyle thats already their...

6. Sect10

Sect10 Member

If u need to ask ur probly not good enough. Lol no but for real its just asking permission. My boy owns a studio we rocked that joint in and out. Also a lot of bars that host Dj events and shit, bring em some flicks or a blackbook u would be suprised who will let u paint their shit these days. . . .

7. ShankinHank

ShankinHank Member

the best way to get a legal wall is:
    quit wasting your time posting on message boards
    quit painting graffiti and jeopardizing your future
    study hard
    get a good job
    purchase commercial property
    resume graffiti

8. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

bump

9. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

the best places to scope out for legal walls that I've found to be succsessful are the likes of:

Tattoo Shops, Head Shops, Skate Shops, Music Shops/Studios
    another good idea is if you have anyone that owns a buisiness that your pretty closely affiliated with(family, freinds, etc), sometimes that works out nicely. Another safe bet I've done before if you find a building with a lot of graff that isnt buffed a bit higher quality shit it wouldnt hurt to ask somone there. Dosen't always work out, but if you go about things the correct way usually things will come out decent and to your liking

10. west-dmk

west-dmk Member

ive never done a legal wall, but if i were to do one i would show the owner a sketch and convince them that it would atract more customers because the building would be more appealing

11. L33ch

L33ch Member

How do i gat a legal wall. Im tierd of the fuckin Cops.

12. rone

rone Senior Member

heres a thought. why dont u ask them.

13. my.favorite.addiction

my.favorite.addiction Banned

I tried so fucking hard to get one in my city,
    I sent letters to the most publicly outspoken council member for murals an pro graff shit,asking what would be needed to get one an he pretty much said "I dont give a shit an am going to now evade the question like a bitch" an proceeded to ignore me.

these muthafuckers want graff to go away but they arent willing to put in any effort but throwing the homies in juvi or jail//

14. 408Bomber

408Bomber Senior Member

Brings down finacial value of that area.

15. OOPS!

OOPS! Senior Member

My family's tax dollars pay for the removal just as much as the next family's.. People are fucking stupid.. they need to learn to mind their own business. One day one of these old arrogant motherfuckers is gonna yell at the wrong guy and get fucked up..

16. my.favorite.addiction

my.favorite.addiction Banned

Are taxes are paying for Blackwater mercenaries anyways so who gives a fuck about some painting//

17. thedudeman

thedudeman Senior Member

one tip is you should be an older cat.. it will probably be impossible for you 12-13 year olds to get a legal unless you kno the person or youre very talented.. what person is gunna let some little kid go tag up their wall?? if your older they have more trust in you and see that your actually serious about your art career..

18. KEPTWO

KEPTWO Member

you guys have any tips on painting in peoples room cause this girl wants me to paint in her room what should i do for the smell of paint?
    pm me orr just put it on here thankss

19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

hmmmm your gonna paint her walls with semen huh? well i suggest just lighting an incense or acigarette afterwords and youll be fine

20. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

my job is paionting rooms
    i use mtn 94 smells delitful
    ironlak is ok make sure you use a fan or the AC is on max
    open a window
    DONT USE INK for details cause they smell like SHIT
    dont fill with cans use buckets of paint