Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. PETER

PETER Elite Member

not exactly a book... spray paint and acrylic on wood. thoughts?

paint on wood.jpg

2. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

skeletor: firs pic i dont like anything in it sorry. second pic i like although i think if the D was a bit bigger it would look better
    cuore: i like your 3d but i agree with rib not to convinced about the lil bits sticking out
    ovan: like everything but the left leg of the N the bottom of it just looks awkward to me
    Peter: i like the color scheme like the A and the N but after that i don't like your letters at all to be honest

3. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

finally did a half decent stylized letter one, but i don't want to ink it yet cause im not satisfied with my E. any suggestions for it?
    DSC00193.jpg

4. PETER

PETER Elite Member

if it where me I would make the I and the e taller to match the height of the rest of the letters. you could do this by elongating the dot of the i (which looks kinda like a cheereo at the moment) and the top of the e... maybe something like this? e.jpg just a thought. also I noticed the base of the i gets thinner at the bottom. not to be picky, but you're pretty even across the board except there.

5. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

not quite sure what you mean by the E? as in turn it sideways? and yeah i realized the I later but that's a quick fix

6. PETER

PETER Elite Member

no, the photo is turned sideways and I don't have the ability to flip it sorry. but I think that height and shape might fit with what you are going for (with it up right.) worth a shot anyway. just doodle it a few times to see if it gives you something you like in the style you're going for.

:edit: just was looking at the p. you could use that same basic shape to fashion an e as well.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Mc. it looks like you're using colored pencil for the xist?

8. Messer

Messer Senior Member

9. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

peter they are watercolor pencils, dont have markers need to order them online.

messer id do it but dont think you want international shipping :p

10. Messer

Messer Senior Member

11. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

Phile, i like your most recent sketch, the h and P are sweet

12. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

thanks shroom here it is inked everyone gimme crits please.. personally the 3d on the I seems a bit iffy to me
    DSC00194.jpg

13. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

ad coloring is done. this is the most intricate coloring ive done so far so crits on it to pls
    DSC00195.jpg

14. mista_dza

mista_dza Senior Member

DSC00302.jpg

this is a style i came up with on the 13 hour ride back from florida, got home, sketched it out a last time, added color and heres the result, comments welcome, especially since im workin on a more complex style than most of my other work which i should post but later when i take flicks

edit: flick aint showin up for me, let me know ill upload to photobucket and repost if needed after resize

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  15. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

i actually like that style, suits the colour scheeme well, cant really read what it says, but thats not the point, with a bit of refinement that could become something original for you and, with some work, ill respect you for coming up with something original

16. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

bottom page bump

DSC00195.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  17. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

18. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

i gave you feedback on that one in previous page. i dont like that lil nubs sticking out

19. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

same as McSatan, i dont like the nubs.

btw whats a bottom page bump? im not really in the scene and im dutch.

20. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

When you post something at the bottom of a previous page and then a new page starts without getting crits or views, so you post it again.