Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. sir.one

sir.one Moderator

2. Olick

Olick Elite Member

if the mods moderate this thread 100% of the time it would work out.

1. they delete all useless post "including this one"
    2. thats about it

im bored. toys will keepin comin and askin dumb questions. deleting the old thread doesnt fix it. so yah.

mods have a fresh start.

3. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Yeah, I just used some in my silver ink, I'd really try to not use too much, it's pretty strong.

P.S. Seriously people, try to keep this thread clean.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  4. Olick

Olick Elite Member

its because you have no life <3 :D lol jp

my guess is nail polish would be a ghetto polyurethene but itll easily come off with alcohol "last time i check alcohol cleans nail shit right?"

is it just me or does this thread feel just like the old one

5. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Sintakz you have gained an enormous amount of respect from me for coming back and donning the mindset you have.
    I <3 you.

I will try my best to answer any questions I can, and also mini-moderate this thread. Sintakz is on a lot more often that I though - at least during high traffic hours - so he will obviously get more questions answered

Discussion on Nail Polish.
    Nail Polish is alcohol based, and generally alright, but its sort of like paint and just sits on the surface. Yes alcohol will buff it. Thinning it with acetone (nail polish remover) and maybe adding DOT3 might do some good. It will definitely give you more volume if you thin it out. Plus is you can easily steal nail polish, but you'll need a few bottles to fill a marker.

Discussion on Metallic Mountain Dew Green Paint.
    Depending on how much paint you want to have in the end, you will need a lot of Pearl Ex. No big deal if you rack it.

Saying this thread feels like the old one doesn't help.

6. bOxcaR

bOxcaR Senior Member

this thread has alrdy gone to shit
    closeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Hey, you, yes you.

Shut the fuck up.

8. JadedSketches

JadedSketches Elite Member

Alright, new thread, kinda sucks that the old had to be deleted, probably had some great stuff in there, oh well.

Ok, I was thinking, if I was going to make say, a turquoise ink, what could I add to blue ink? I have inks made from ballpoints and from methylene crystals as well as dyes, and they're all fairly dark blue. I'd like to get a lighter shade of blue without only thinning it, and remember this isn't a paint/thinner mixture, it's ink.

9. AEROSOL_FEEN

AEROSOL_FEEN Senior Member

what can i add to my black ded to make it more opaque?

10. JadedSketches

outdoorsman or inside job

11. AEROSOL_FEEN

12. JadedSketches

I think you can use grog but I'm not positive, I've only used ded a handful of times.

13. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

I've tried but my graff skills are not up to par.... yea it sucks that someone people think should be a mod can't be a mod because he isn't one of the "big boys". Besides, it has to be a unanimous decision between the mods to see if someone can join the ranks. I'm pretty sure sir being the asshole he is (lol no beef I just see you as the 'asshole mod', i make up different personalities for the different mods. Enmity is the 'absent mod'.) would say no just to say no.

14. AEROSOL_FEEN

im not a fan of mixing ink with ink..
    i have bad experiences where ive fucked up the portions and the ink came out too thick or too corrosive

15. sir.one

sir.one Moderator

im the nicest one, in the picture thread. nothing needs to be moderated here.

16. harry

harry Senior Member

haha sir thanks hes nice... any wayy this sucks i want the old thread backkk but i know thatsnot gonna happen so ill make the most out of this thread and keep it clean

anyyy way as i last said before the old thread was deleted i just ordered a bottle of junobo theres no way i can thin it and put it in a marker is there cause i have some otr ands molotow paint markers and there all nearly empty so i was either gonna by new nibs for them and ckean out the pumps and shit and put ink in them orr try and thin junobo for them olick told me it would suck but i want some other opinions aswell...delete this if you think its a tot question i dont care

17. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

Yea I've got easy access to a BUNCH of nail polish so I guess I'll just go racking tomorrow (today now) or something.

18. harry

harry Senior Member

you dident answer my question bitch haha joke but please do give me an answer

19. Sintakz

Sintakz Elite Member

sorry I must've been posting while you had already posted or w/e idk. Yea it's gonna suck bro, junobo streaks like a bitch even in a freeflowing mop so imagine if you had to keep juicing the nib up with a marker. STAY AWAY lol. Well... .unless you LIKE streaky tags.....

20. Buhda420

Buhda420 Senior Member

haha nice to see me being kwoted sintaks
    yer spelt it that way
    yes the old thread had so much gold in it
    but her i have only the whole thing once or twice i likes to know my shizznizzle
    and my facts
    and this thread give it a chance i liked the old thread though so much history
    ahhh
    well its gone hahaha
    so stop bitchin and put your recipes up

50ml raven oil
    100ml methelated spirits
    25g or carbon dust
    50 pen ink sticks
    a pinch of metheleyne blue
    a sprits of iodine
    and a dash of your favourite store bought ink

and you have a potent recipe buckroo

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008