Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

wrrd keso. im diggin Ket's "K" in ur picture

2. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

where are the pics at? if you tag fags would shut your trap we could get back on track here.

3. drOping

drOping Senior Member

4. boodah

boodah Senior Member

simpler, and don't overlap your letters so much. What does that handy say?

5. JMANN.23.HTK

JMANN.23.HTK Senior Member

Letter structure's weak, chocie in colours is odd, but like the pattern you got going on at the bottom, handy's not too bad, just don't overlap to much in future maybe make the letters a lot 'less higher' and a bit 'fatter', less shadow, better choice in colour, few more tag's and 'handy's' and it should work...

6. Keso

Keso Senior Member

7. Fetusr

Fetusr Senior Member

Yeah True I'm not really feeling that small e in between your letters either, try an upper case E and make it the same size as the other one, and take it easy on the fills for now.

Quick sketch I did last night, sorry for the shitty flick I should have scanned it but Im lazy.
    View attachment 520546

8. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

^^ The stuff inside where the shadow is looks strange, and the shadow or 3d or whatever on the T is fucked up, i'm also not likin' the thingy on the F

Well I haven't sketched in months, finally got some free time, a simple throw

View attachment 520567

9. <<Fathem>>

<<Fathem>> Senior Member

droping- yeah i like the fill but as everyone has said, letter structure, and i agreE with an upper case e.

Fetusr- I like it, but maybee extend the U right bar, just to keep it a little more structured.

Provin- I like the overall look of that sketch...but the hell if i could figure out what it says...maybee start with simpler?

I got this one from last night, my bars were starting to get un-even, im going to redo it tonight, any crits on this though?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  10. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

11. thatguy<~

thatguy<~ Member

Gum on shoe- why the fuck did you repost that shit. looks like something any one person could do. style please.

12. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

so it lacks style?
    don't you think i already knew that? maybe some crits would help?? "anybody could do that", pfft.

13. zennegen

zennegen Banned

why don't you shut the fuck up and post something?

14. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

^^ this

and snore it doesnt look bad. not a fan of that handies e though, just sayin

15. zennegen

zennegen Banned

to be honest, though, i don't see the point in posting pics of really super basic sketches like that snore, even in the toy thread. it's good to see some type of attempt at progression from basic bubble letters, because anybody can do those, and doing them over and over again really won't make you any better...

just my own opinion.

16. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

well, i think practicing simples does help, look over at the progression thread in a few...

17. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

For real dude? I think the only letter that's a bit off is the M, because I forgot to put a little curve for the middle part of it.

Bump for more...constructive crits.

Gum idk what to say about style, take a look at some real simple bubble letters, those look like bubble letters 5th graders draw in class when they're bored, not trying to insult, but there needs to be some definition of style and graff in the letters. Maybe look at the pops cereal logo and try that. Make your letters bigger and more poofy I guess might be one way to say it. I agree practicing simple helps, but your letters don't seem like a good platform to start. I'm trying to find the words for crits but I just can't lol, sorry, hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  18. take2

take2 Senior Member

I like the snore. Modify the S and the e to make them a little more than plain simple and it will look pretty nice.
    Nems fix that m it doesnt look like one. maybe make the e more complex but the n is not soo bad. s is oke maybe you could add i little more too it

19. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

well, the point of that sketch was to see how i can pull off basic letter structure, i wasn't trying to blow anybodies mind, i wasn't trying to do an ultra complicated wildstyle. i was just trying to fix up my structures before i start pulling off crazy ass shit. i do appreciate your opinion, though.

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

gum - Your shit isn't hardcore enough.
    Nems - lose the spots, work on every letter. The e looks okay. The N and S are both better than that M, but not as good as the e.