Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Stigma02

Stigma02 Senior Member

it says DREW i think the crack in the W fucked up the W completely ight.

2. EXI

EXI Senior Member

i know its all the same lol

3. sanrtizer

sanrtizer Senior Member

ANYBODY WANT TO EXCHANGE, i write nasr, im mad bored gimme something to do.
    Rewl- keep pumpin out those simples you've got the right idea
    Stigma- the letters themselves have pretty nice flow but i'd say chill with those extensions they seem out of place and imo kinda kill the potential flow
    just a oneliner of the names i fuck with (dpres, rakn, nasr)
    [Broken External Image]:http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7501/dpresraknasr.jpg

4. EXI

EXI Senior Member

ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_img1289360719848.jpg
    is it worth finishing? as ion get the porportions perfect
    oh well did it anyway :s
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_img1289407705858.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  5. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

eh i give up bud
    go do your thing

6. EXI

EXI Senior Member

i was just bores, im still pullin the simples out dont worry ill post some new shit in a little boom

7. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

woah, don't do that, that is like 500 steps in the opposite direction... trust me, don't do that, don't even lead us to believe you're doing that.

8. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4092_5165085196_02a91ce868_z.jpg

the simples were coming good before rewl

9. EXI

EXI Senior Member

yeah here you go
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_img1289415253665.jpg

10. ViniVidiVici

good it's getting more consistent, that's a good sign.

11. EXI

EXI Senior Member

thanks, anything you think i should be working on

12. ViniVidiVici

For now you can just stick with consistent letters, maybe in a bit you can start to throw in some 3d or shadow, but take it slow, don't try too much too soon.

13. EXI

EXI Senior Member

alright thanks for the crits

14. EXI

EXI Senior Member

15. Minx

Minx Member

Are you trolling? Because I'm starting to think this is a joke.

16. EXI

EXI Senior Member

hmm? how is this a joke? by doing letter structures, or because its so bad...
    and you tell me to "try and pull, create style." well look how not ready i fucking am for that..
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_img1289445754658.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  17. ViniVidiVici

Yo lay off Exi he's trying to get better, I don't see you posting anything up here Minx so at least he is attempting. Exi you don't need to post everything you do. try to minimize it to a few pics a day, especially since you're still on simps, no offense just people get annoyed looking at simps over and over.

18. Minx

Minx Member

You keep doing the same bars over and over where nothing really changes other than the slight variations in the way that you draw it. I don't really know what you're practicing, pencil control maybe? Because you really should be aiming to move beyond this. Not hating on you, just trying to push you to the level which you should be getting at because currently you're sitting at a stand still.

Like I said a few pages back, if you're struggling for ideas, you need to be looking at other people's work and studying the way they've used their bars. If need be, copy a letter or two, break it down into bars and try and modify it into your own. Eventually you'll become aware of what looks right and what looks wrong and will be able to come up with your own bars without influence from others. It's like playing a game; if you don't understand it, you can't play, therefore you need to spend time learning from others untill you do.

I gave you some good examples of simple bars here; all of these are relatively simple and are good examples of what you should be aiming for (note just the bars, not the actual pieces them selves). Copy some of the letters, just for an exercise. Look at the angles, the curves, the way the bars are cut; ask your self what looks right and what looks wrong, then ask your self why. Then try and apply some of the things you learned into your own letters...

I'm trying to help you by giving you the things that helped me, seriously...

19. EXI

EXI Senior Member

Minx: it's just confusing when I have people tellign me stay simple and people telling me to go and try shit than i do and look what happens. it gets trash..
    heres a simp I'm starting for my gf's bday. I have a week to get this ready to be on a canvas. I'm going to be stylizing it so its just a rough sketch. Bars wise/porportion what you think
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_th_img1289448616619.jpg

20. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

all caps is always tough to pull off if ur overlapping, either space them out a bit more or try lowercase (SIMPLE lowercase...) .... but what u should try is actually coloring in ur sketches with markers, and learning how to cut back and make something decent looking out of a rough sketch, like, u can make ur outlines thicker to clean up the lines and make them more solid, or u can use a final outline (forcefield whatever) and itll make ur letters pop off more and can be used to cut back and clean up ur 3d and lines.... just sketching simple letters wont do much as far as this whole graffiti thing goes, color some shit! 'swhy graffiti exists, to add color to a dull ass industrialized world