Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Keeps You Into Graffiti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_jc, Aug 5, 2009.

Share This Page

1. HOERS

HOERS Senior Member

Well put

2. SNERE

SNERE Member

evolution of style is a big part of it for me, im constantly trying to take my shit to the next level, trying to be better than my last hit, notoriety is also a huuuuge part of it, after all, we all want rep right? im always trying to hit bigger, better, harder spots than anyone else. Thats pretty much what keeps me going. Oh and the fact that the graff disease wont ever allow me to stop!

3. Lag

Lag Member

I like the feel of the rush wen your bombin in the night and wen you walk down the street and you here someone talk about somthin you did

4. Live4TheWall

Live4TheWall Elite Member

I dont have a choice anymore. I tried to stop a couple times and I get irritable and cranky and turn into a lil bitch. Its like therapy. For a week or two after I go out Im the happiest person in the world, even more so the weeks I go out multiple times. I dont look at it like Im being sneaky or something anymore, or for the rush of adrenaline it brings. I just do it because I feel the need too.

5. Skeptic90

Skeptic90 Member

Its therapeutic. And the smell of the paint. And deff the rush and knowin that people will talk about it and not about celebs or the war or any bs even for 2 minutes

6. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

When I see myself progressing it motivates me, also when youve been trying to figure something out for a while and it suddenly clicks it makes you want to just keep going and getting better.

Sometimes just seeing a nice piece on here makes me want to draw.

7. Somewhereinnevada

Somewhereinnevada Senior Member

progression in art and in skill, i love painting the smell the colours and knowing that im destroying shit is just an added bonus :)

i love the why graffiti looks to even the crap there is just sumthing so amazing about looking at a wall seeing i huge canvas and seeing my art on it.
    plus i love the adrenaline rush of bombing knowing any second i could be trucken it away from the police nothing can match it.

8. DUEN

DUEN Member

Society is fucked. Plus the skill of evolving your style etc.

9. knowhaimsayin?

knowhaimsayin? Senior Member

I think a bunch of factors play with the part on why i do it, i did art all my life, i never followed the rules, i didnt break them on purpose just didnt care for them. im the type of kid that can sit down, smoke a j and draw for two hours, im competitive, not in a viscious way, but when i see homies getting up, i smile and i scheme on the next spot to start holding down, i always try to make my style unique, make it stand out from the rest youknow? i spend half my day day dreaming when im not painting so this shits deep for me

10. knowhaimsayin?

knowhaimsayin? Senior Member

ahaha im feeling that super hero perspective

11. MAWth

MAWth Banned

that pure rush of adrenaline. when i'm throwing up a tag, i'm concentrated, trying to perfect my swagger. but right when i finish that tag and start walking away, i get stupid paranoid. i feel like at any second someone is going to come from behind me, grab my shoulder and be like, "your in big trouble mister!" i'll walk around in a circle three times just to make sure i'm safe. it feels good being bad tho.

12. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

me being BORED n shit

13. MAWth

MAWth Banned

& the idea that my name could one day be infamously known without anyone ever knowing who did it. kinda like jesus. everybody knows his name, but no one can actually vouch that they saw him.

did i just compare myself to jesus?

14. "MONSTER"

"MONSTER" Member

its an instinct realy we realize that we are nothing and we know theres people out there that are ignorant to our existence so we leave marks or legacies call it wat u will graffiti is my legacy u may never know me but youll know what i do for damn sure.

15. twisties

twisties Elite Member

See a blank wall...like to hit it. Simple as.

16. SE3andhisTrees

SE3andhisTrees Member

after enough time its kind of drilled into you...ive thought i was done with painting before. thought i would out grow writing...nope. every time i take a break, the bug bites me again and i get the itch haha. everywhere i go im on the look out for spots to get up, and i always stop to see other peoples tags and throws. i also like the idea of being a famous artist that no one knows who it is..ive been into art my whole life and i wanted to be an artist for a living when i was younger, but constantly fought to keep it from becoming just a job and ruining it for me. graffiti keeps my art just that, mine.

17. SNERE

SNERE Member

Yea man ive thought i was done plenty times before, ive taken small breaks AND long ass breaks, but after a while i start noticing spots that i could hit, and noticing how other writers are neglecting these spots, also seeing toys getting up a lot and NEVER improving motivates me to grab my cans and go out again, so i do, and then before i know it its been another two years and my shit is all over the place again lol....honestly dont think i could ever quit for good.

18. 0nly10fmikind

0nly10fmikind Senior Member

its an addiction for me, like a drug or some shit. i couldn't stop if i wanted to. i go to a store i buy paint, i dont have cash i rack it. i see a tag, throw or a clean piece outside, online, on tv, wherever, i gotta bomb, that night. i wont be able to sleep till i do.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  19. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

cuz its a fun time and a healthier rush than drugs

20. dexmonster

dexmonster Member

not gonna sleep anyway. my mommas got cancer in her breasts man ask me why i'm stressed