Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. PETER

PETER Elite Member

@Beast> not a bad start. You're missing 3d on the top of the S, in the hole of the A, and the top of the K. Your 3d seems to change directions a bit too. Put a dot somewhere and use a ruler if you have to. Take your time with it and attention to detail. Keep it up.

2. Kasc-One

Kasc-One Member

3. always crushin

always crushin Moderator

4. KehmONE

KehmONE Senior Member

lol no comment or crits?

5. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

456.jpg
    Shitty shit shit. I suck at graff again!
    Been a long time since I've sketched or even looked in these threads.

6. ipaint.

ipaint. New Member

DSCN3102.jpg
    cover bommb
    DSCN3095.jpg
    hit up in my mini book
    DSCN3089.jpg
    all crooked, and scrappy
    DSCN3090.jpg
    corner of a pagge
    DSCN3088.jpg
    exchange i did for the homie aokay
    ai296.photobucket.com_albums_mm173_ohhhyeah22_DSCN3094.jpg
    My D is hella ugly here,
    these are all pretty old, camera broke, so no knew flicks:((

7. PETER

PETER Elite Member

@KEHM keep it simple for now. letters are jumbled and hard to make out at all with a bunch of extra nonsense that doesn't help.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. sema

sema Senior Member

old bs battle not sure if it polled
    ees.jpg i paint go simpler dont do bends or lean

9. sema

sema Senior Member

Untitled.jpg few 1 liners i was messin wit, kasc work on ur 3 d it sould be one solid piece echoing ur letters keep the width consistant

10. smack1one

smack1one Member

11. thetruth818

thetruth818 New Member

12. KehmONE

KehmONE Senior Member

It's not meant to be extremely legible. It says Invok btw.

13. smack1one

smack1one Member

14. xflare

xflare Member

heres the sketch and 2 other pieces i did yesterday IMGP2167.jpg IMGP2158.jpg IMGP2160.jpg

15. PETER

PETER Elite Member

which I understand. I'll say it, and it goes for Smack1 too, steer clear of any of the graffiti creator type letters. For one they suck ass to begin with and look like total shit if not done well. As with all graffiti webforums there is a "new to" page. Read it. it's gospel. I know it seems lame to write square ass letters, but for real you don't build a house from the roof down. Build your foundation and make it strong. Each repetition is a brick. This goes for handstyle, throws, the whole nine. Good luck and fill books!

smack: the squared letters are a far better show. the 3d looks pretty good and proportions are good. If I do a piece like this I'll cheat and use a straight edge to make sure my lines are completly straight and my 3d is perfect. I suggest going lighter with your pencil. To the point it's almost hard to see. It erases easily and can play with structure and shape easily and even over the same letter with out ruining it and then just darken the parts you like. (and it wont leave huge lines in the sheets below like in the bottom left of your page)

truth: not bad I like the C and E. Personally I would have bent the loop of the p down. The A needs work too. Practice the hell out of 3d. Not trying to be a dick, but the 3d on your E is completely fucked. http://www.artgraphica.net/free-art-lessons/wetcanvas/basic-perspective-for-artists/basic-perspective-for-artists.htm http://www.khulsey.com/perspective-drawing-basics.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  16. xflare

xflare Member

holla my sketch will ya?

17. PETER

PETER Elite Member

this one is my favorite of them. best display of structure and shape. I would stick with these letter shapes, drop the arrows and chips, and work on stretching/elongating/fattening them to see what works for you. Don't just slap arrows on there willy nilly. Learn to make them flow with your letters, but learn to make your letters flow first.

18. PETER

PETER Elite Member

it was the first one....

19. xflare

xflare Member

cool lol the sketch i was just experimenting but im glad you like them so by stretching and elongating them you mean without the add ons like arrows but stretch the bars and maybe a few connections?

20. Rezume_or_die

Rezume_or_die Member

110824-160432.jpg
    phone broke so webcaming it, makes it look like shit tho, those are the three graboids from the tremors movies