Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tot Characters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by cess!, Feb 12, 2006.

Share This Page

1. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

lmao science, ive seen your letters before bro

thats kind afuny evade becuase im not really feeling you shit either, this reminds me of another character you did like this with a mo-hawk, theres too much going on and its flat, your other circle guy was straight tho

2. Ceazer

Ceazer Senior Member

3. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

Reminds me of another kid who used to do monkeys, i like your more though, if that fill was clean that would be dope, props

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2236_2401390917_993e25479f.jpg

still progressing

4. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

CEAZER; where the hell are its pupils?

TOKE; Go stop by a craft/art store and find a "How To" book on cartoons and characters. No jokes, no offence, It could help you a lot with humanoid karaks. Body structure, hair, eyes, hands.
    No shame in using one to help yourself along.

Your progressing, but its slow. I'm sure looking through one would give you a well earned boost.

(I'll grab a photo of one I bought for my little brother, he digs characters.)

5. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

yeah i really have no idea what im doing, im just trying to teach myself, ill look into it

6. Ceazer

Ceazer Senior Member

usually when i do pupils it doesn't look as good so its kinda goggles yanameen?

and yeah i was running out of paint so my fill sucked next time will be better

7. Live_2_Spray

Live_2_Spray Member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  8. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

Ceazer; I get ya, try working out some sunglasses. monkeys always look good in sunglasses. ;)

Toke; Pictures off the book I bought my lil' bro. Its really basic, hes only 8, there are better ones out there but just to give you a idea of whats in them.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1138/p1010161sy1.jpg
    Body structure.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6464/p1010162bu4.jpg
    Tips on how to make characters stand out, didnt even know that was in there...
    [Broken External Image]:http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9956/p1010163ig4.jpg

9. T O K E

T O K E Elite Member

thanks man, i honestly might just buy that same exact book, everyione tells me i have alot of potential but i need some direction, im gonna go back to the lab and toil and prolly hit borders or the local book store tomorrow :]

i appreciate you being really constructive wiht your criticism

10. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

No problem. I like to help out now and then.

11. Ceazer

Ceazer Senior Member

i kinda liked that karak reminds me of chuck norris

12. Juicee

Juicee Senior Member

13. GraspREALity

GraspREALity Member

don't do spray cans, they are sooooo played out.

14. Bill Cheese of Wheeze

Bill Cheese of Wheeze Senior Member

Although this isnt a bad idea, i myself have never used one of these books in my life. sure you progress a lot slower, but you will DEFF get your very own style that no one can duplicate, and something that people will recognizae right away.

like, look at me. im not perfect, but im not too shabby either, and i deff have a recognizable style.

In my personal opinion, you will progress in more of your own direction if you just keep drawing, keep experimenting, and just keep pushing yourself.

anyway, its not a bad idea, as many people look at these to get a boost, but i think it will deff take away from your style. just my opinion.

heres something i did recently and dont think i ever posted...

ai26.tinypic.com_34isnsj.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  15. Mass Appeal

Mass Appeal Banned

nerd ! :p
    yeah whatever..you proved your point well .. Family Guys shit anyway !

keep it up guys

16. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

Cheese; I never used them either.
    I just figure that toke could use something like that to build a good foundation to grow on.

17. Raccoon

Raccoon Member

I think I'm kinda likin' Juicee's Bus over there. I like where it's going actually, not often that you see a bus being used for a char.

(But seriously, don't use cans, it's really lame, bro)

18. Juicee

Juicee Senior Member

ahh forreal, i thought i drew it pretty tight tho

lol i came up with a bus when i was tryna draw my brother this thing from the movie Cars lol

thanx for the critss :]]]

19. Raccoon

Raccoon Member

Yeah man it was cool and all, just don't make it a can. That's kind of cliche, if you know what I mean (as in, over used)

20. Raccoon

Raccoon Member

Hey, this is my first time putting up some work here.
    I'd like some crits please, I'm really new to graff, and looking for some pointers in the right direction.

It would really help a lot, thanks!

Attached Files: