Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Canvas/Digital

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Kayone707, Sep 17, 2004.

Share This Page

1. KRE1

KRE1 Guest

try warm water.

2. facethetruth

facethetruth Senior Member

yeah guys lets all draw our really cool graffiti on canvas and sell them off the internet! because profiting off of a dying culture is whats good right? tools.

3. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

k well clearly your the fuckin tool....maybe you should releize that be some "HARDCORE BOMBER" for your whole life wont get you to far in life....the point is to get good at it then if you wanna make some side money why not do it its basically hustlin.....maybe if you get good you might actually be able to make some doughski

4. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://tinypic.com/m7f3ty.jpg

5. facethetruth

sorry i didnt start doing graffiti to make money, i started doing graffiti to do graffiti. ive sold my paintings in the past, ill admit it. but the truth is, graffiti is slowly dying, and this is the exact reason why. graffiti went from being in the streets to being in a gallery. granted, this trend did not just recently start, but it has been growing rapidly in the past few years. and graffiti has been dying in the past few years. and its because of people like you, starting graffiti because you figure you can make a career off of it. graffiti is a very underground culture, it shouldnt be taken off the street and put on a peice of canvas inside of someones house. graffiti belongs in the streets, stop profiting off of the culture.

6. youthcrewdoof

youthcrewdoof Senior Member

wahhhh sandy vaginas.

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2522_4193668138_dbdc8a713e_b.jpg
    The Knight and The Thief.

Oil on maple wood skateboards.

7. KRE1

KRE1 Guest

truth i think we can all understand your point.

that said, shut the fuck up.

8. sikwitit

sikwitit Member

its been dying cuz you cant just get a slap on the wrist if you get caught anymore, and more n more spots get heated out

9. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Or the fact that it happens with ANY good art. It goes mainstream. Sorry. Deal with it. There will always be graffiti purists, and real writers who still paint illegally. So it may be dying, but it'll never die.

10. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

not sure where you live truth, but graff aint dying here, its getting bigger and bigger every day, and by putting graffiti on canvas, it gets more attention, lots of people wont even look at a piece if it's on a wall because they consider it vandalism, but put that exact same piece on a canvas and BAM...art for the masses, its not selling out, for many its a means to help pay for their other hobbies, including graffiti, think about shit before you start typing

11. bigupsforyall

bigupsforyall Senior Member

man Salty always pumping the illest shitt!!!!!!!! when i get some loot salty ill be hitting you up!! id be proud to throw your stuff on ma wall!!!! keep it coming man dont stop!!! everyone loves it... but i wanna know how long it takes you to bust one of those out???

12. diggy64

diggy64 Elite Member

It's similar in scope to underground and mainstream hiphop.

A Banksy on a canvas is like a Lil Wayne single. Sure ignorant people will be awed and amazed by it, but the die-hards will just scoff at it. Now a Sane-Smith tag buried deep in a subway tunnel is a hidden jewel like a lost Alps Cru or Brainsick Mob track that was unearthed. To each his own, I'm just saying don't expect the masses to understand shit about what WE do. You'd be pretty ignorant to not prefer it that way. :cool:

ai268.photobucket.com_albums_jj4_warlord_2008_10110461819_D0BAD0BED0BFD0B8D18F.jpg [Broken External Image]:http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3641/sanesmith.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  13. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

Im going to say one thing to you...go home and get the fuck off....most people who paint canvases paint on a daily basic you muppet....and see it this way....by painting a canvas someone can admire that piece of work for the year and years it lasts....where as i can go out now...paint a ful on piece trackside, and 5 days later its been buffed and about 15 people will notice or even care about it.....

also to people asking, the labels kinda just peeled off....as far as i can remember they just came off :)

14. charles bronson

charles bronson Senior Member

no one is profiting off a dying culture. thats just an ignorant statement to make. i paint heavily and i do canvas work just as much. if it puts money in my pocket doing what i like thats all the better. if anything its keeping things alive and reaching new people. graff will never be some super ed hardy trend i dont think anyone has to worry about that. plus even if it got to that point, like many other once underground trends it will die out and leave all the hardcore people that were down with it from the start still doing it which is what counts.

15. Tyler.

Tyler. Senior Member

lolz son.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  16. buket full of cray fish

buket full of cray fish Senior Member

thoes skates are so caked in paint you wouldn't be able to ride them.......besides they look like shit anyway

17. facethetruth

noone is profiting off of a dying culture? open your fucking eyes. whats going on here? people selling there canvas to put money in there pocket. and not just any canvas, a canvas with graffiti on it. they are taking graffiti off of the streets and putting it on a canvas, and then calling themselves original. when in actuality theyre/youre nothing more than lame art fag(s) profiting off a culture they/you have probably barely even taken part in. dinedgc thats cool, but the majority of graffiti is dying. not just because of this canvas shit, have you actually seen graffiti lately? same letters in every throw up, its disgusting, it makes me not want to even be a part of graffiti. im probably talking about 3/4 of you kids and thats what makes you so mad, im calling you out for something you know is very very true.

18. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

ok...so your moaning about graffiti not being on the streets....your on an internet fuckin forum you pleb....you need to get the fuck off your high horse mate....

19. youthcrewdoof

youthcrewdoof Senior Member

please tell me this muffin top is joking?

you dont ride a canvas you jitt bag.

for looking like shit i certainly like them. who gives two fucks if you dont. im over it.

20. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

truth your a begginer you dont even paint n if you do your throwin wack shit up causin heat for writers who do get up and no matter where you start your gunna have to paint illegally at one point the objective would be to become a pro in it like you do in any sport theres no point playin streetball everyday when you could be makin the millions...your a fool to think that theres any diffrence between any writer some are just more skilled then other and get what they deserve for their talent....and bro graffiti will never die its been around since the egyptians bro