Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. noxi

noxi Elite Member

HAHa beaner ban

2. rawr

rawr Banned

Funny enough it was Proper who did it and he's a beaner.
    So yeah.
    Fail.

3. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

ne one kno if pvc primer will flow thro a marker nib? went wondering around a construction site last nite and got like 3 cans of it...

4. SNAP!

SNAP! Senior Member

thin acrylic with rubbing alch..works way better

5. Olick

Olick Elite Member

pvc primer will.

its actually obvious since its unbelieavably thin.

u sure its pvc primer? not pvc cement? if you got the primer with purple dye added to it. it makes a good base for basic pen ink.

6. bluecheese

bluecheese Member

hey i just made a marker but i used acrilyic paint in marker the but its too thick can somebody help me? what can i mix it with to make it thinner?

7. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

water. why tho? lol paint + marker = fail. unless you thin is down this enough for the nib think about it.

8. Olick

Olick Elite Member

nothing. throw it away. hate to be so bold but i garuntee you that NO BODY here will be able to help you get acrylic paint to flow through a marker and still remain opaque.

9. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

(boldly stands up in back of crowd)
    i can

i think i actually posted the recipe i used earlier on here, ive used this recipe plenty of times, opaque, flows pretty well, a tad streaky. whatever its acrylic quit bitchin

3/8 70% isopropyl alc.
    1/8 acetone
    4/8 acrylic
    and about 8 drops of acrylic flow release, its at micheals, just look around or ask, it should be in one of the isles with acrylic(obviously)

yup uhh, i havent used acrylic in a long time tho so i really dont remember anything about acyrlic paint. like how it fades, bla blah shit like that. no matter tho, it looks amazing with those bright colors. thats pretty much all its good for, i mean you could do this recipe or just go rack some window paints or something, same shit, easier to do

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

whats the acrylic flow release do? liek what is it.

11. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

its like the substitute for water for acrylics idk really how to desribe it, like its after yuove thinned it down, you just put like 8 drops of that shit in it and its supposed to make it flow thru markers, uh yah

so anyway has anybody else done this, like get around 7 or 8 decos and empty the paint out of him into a mop or get liek 16 and put it in a marker. just get those bright colors....deeeeeliciuos. its a reall waste of decos tho whatever, i treatmy self to it every now an again, an i love it

12. PegCityBoy

PegCityBoy Senior Member

13. fumes and shit

fumes and shit Senior Member

y'all oughta just stop dickin around with acrylic for your markers to bomb with, shit is mad easy to buff and will remain that way no matter what you add. if your tryin to fox with paint in your markers then start with an oil as your base

14. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

dont really kno if this fits in here but it can plus ill get more answers here. i made a bunch of different color kiwi mops long ago an the nibs are hard as hell now. can i dip it in paint thinner to get the nib soft again or will that ruin it?

p.s does oil based primer have a different effect from regular oil based paints?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  15. FEB

FEB Member

16. Facedorateur

Facedorateur Senior Member

what kind of ink is easier to buff (with the pen/rubbing alcohol recipe):
    -more ink, less alcohol
    or
    -less ink, more alcohol

also, were can i get some potassium pentaganate online and how much would it cost

17. YNGLNS

YNGLNS Senior Member

I hate that video.

How many times are people going to tell you to put dot3 in oil paint?

18. Cesk

Cesk Banned

From personal experience more ink. Although the flow wouldnt be magical it tends to fade in a wayyyyy longer amount of period and comes out with a nicer finish. Especially if you add wood furniture shine.

19. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

yea, HETT1NG3R showed me this stuff that blocks UV rayz to make pen ink fade resistant or fade proof or w/e, if your looking for good ink tho, im about to make some bitumen ink as soon as i get some road xD

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  20. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

bump for answers