Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. EXI

EXI Senior Member

well with my K i was trying to pull the bar out to make it thicker, i see other people do it but they get "nice job man" and that, can you explain why my bar thickening or thining is bad? :s Like an example,
    View attachment 590457
    see how his bars are thicker and thinner at times, how can I get good at this? :s because i just tried and i guess its bad.

2. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

bc. i know how to do it better then you do. start with bars doing the same thing, same size, then work on shit like that.

3. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

valid question... basically if u want to make thicker and thinner bars it has to get thicker at a constant angle... like the bottom left of safers S... u can see where he was sketching that bar into the next bar (this is what u should be doin, i do it too) and it gets thicker gradually and it makes it look more convincing, ur K just looks like a wonky triangle pretty much, its all about keeping flow....

heres one from me with some thick to thin shit goin on...
    afarm5.static.flickr.com_4096_4924328128_e2d17b18e8.png
    im not sayin this piece is perfect by any means lol... but if u notice the bars go from thick to thin at an even and constant angle... so it just looks better, to me at least, dont take my crits as fact if u dont want to, im not an expert

4. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

5. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

The light blue Highlights give it some strength

6. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

yo prea im pretty much diggin all the letters man, you just might want to work on proportions a little bit more. i know you know that e is just not fittin in there. everyone says i need to work on my 3d (fury inparticular) so i gave it a shot, just a lil rough sketch. critsss would be appreciated
    [Broken External Image]:http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/691/imgp3297a.jpg

7. Gyse

Gyse Senior Member

Looking much better zewl. The e in the top one is messed up on the bottom part where it curves up, but good otherwise.

Prea- SPace the letters out more, the E is too hidden. and that R kicking out so much messed it up. Just give the E some room and it would be fine

8. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

assuming the 3d's goin straight down, the far right tip of the L should have some 3d on it too ;) i think a piece exchange is overdue with us zewl, wuddyasay?

9. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

well i have work all week but maybe just a straigh letter or whateverr ill see whats up but yeahhh im down no due date

10. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

keep working on it zewl youll get it..

11. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

trying to get down with different styles
    ai167.photobucket.com_albums_u138_Stolzy805_IMG_0887.jpg

ai167.photobucket.com_albums_u138_Stolzy805_IMG_0880.jpg

the R is hurtin on this one ^

12. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Prea the second one looks pretty decent.. I like the flow of th letters bending(besides the E)...The First one is wiggidy wack because the P is garbage... Fix it lol... The one on the Bottom has a nice P...

Bust Battle
    ai937.photobucket.com_albums_ad220_Albinoethiopian07_Graffiti_1031102207_1.jpg

13. EXI

EXI Senior Member

crits please. i know im bad.. sucks bc im not getting better :/
    ai51.tinypic.com_167jitj.jpg

zewl, you missed 3d on the w on the lower. :D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  14. thepekins

thepekins Guest

15. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

dude take it slow youll get better..but not after writing your name 8 times..id also change my name to bukkake i mean youve kuake already so... and safe isnt really a good example for bars n shit.

16. EXI

EXI Senior Member

lordplankton- I don't understand what your saying :s... except that takign it slower. thats it.

17. EXI

EXI Senior Member

messing around. i know its still trash
    ai55.tinypic.com_2dj87qq.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  18. thepekins

thepekins Guest

try to make the corners of your lines so pointy if that makes an sense. In my opinion, you shouldnt even be trying this stuff yet. Get your handie much better than do some throw ups before you start these. Everyone sucks in the beginning, most of my stuff still sucks. Just try to get out of the Mega toy phase before you start piecing. imo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  19. EXI

EXI Senior Member

i dont like throw upping that much. im more of a piece guy, and im just mad because i took a week off of writing because i was busy than i come back and my stuff was just not that good

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Hahahahaha. You're getting hella better man, just keep at it. Zook is right in his crits. Also, the W is kinda messy. Just work on the straight down stuff in pencil and go back over it in marker. The small straight looks better than the middle as well.

You are very much on the right track, keep it up.

And anyone wanna do an exchange? Zook?