Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Punk Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ekto907, Jul 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

mmmm a little more folk punk, not all that i have

Evil Robot Us, Fist Full of Knuckles, Ghost Mice, Rosa, Rumbleseat, Bread and Roses

mmmm a bunch of mixed subgenre punk

Amebix, Anti-Product, Antischism, Antisect, Aus-Rotten, Avskum, Behind Enemy Lines, Born Dead, Brother Inferior, Capitalist Casualties, Civil Disobedience, Clit 45, Cobra Noir, Conflict, Cryptic Slaughter, The Devotchkas, Defy False Authority, Discharge, Discider, Discount, Econochrist, Gorilla Biscuits, Leftover Crack, MDC, Minor Threat, Municipal Waste, Nausea, Oi Polloi, Pyroklast, Resistant Culture, The Soviettes, Toxic Narcotic, Tsunami Bomb, UK Subs, The Varukers, The Virus, Virus Nine, Wartorn, The Zounds, 7 Seconds

Right now I'm getting heavily into Post-Rock

2. goonzatwork

goonzatwork Senior Member

NOFX, Propaganda, Black Flag, then moreso hardcore punk Cro-Mags, Youth Of Today, Gorilla Biscuits

3. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

propertea do you frequent inferno shows?

4. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

MMmmHmmm a lot of good shit in that last list vagrant. Diggin the D-Beat and Crust shit.

5. propertea

propertea Senior Member

yeah I've seen them like 4 times in philly and once in pittsburgh. The show they played with the Subhumans was probably my favorite show I've ever been to.

Has anyone seen ambeix on the tour they're doing. just wondering if its any good.

6. appache

appache Senior Member

Riistetyt is from finland - fucken killer
    from the looks of what yer saying you might be into these jap bands

GAI, Gauze, Gloom, FEROCIOUS X,

hahaha gai gauze gloom gism - whats up with jap bands and the letter G ?!

7. appache

appache Senior Member

fuck yeah cobra noir - i was over at the place of one of those guys buying records from him and getting some cobra noir cds for my distro - too bad they dont play anymore , their last show was killeR!

8. appache

appache Senior Member

Hey nouveauP tu parle francais man?
    tu vien de ou dude?

9. -HLK-

-HLK- Member

is the damn cobra noir/ the holy mountain split finally out?

10. appache

appache Senior Member

not as far as i know - but cobra noir have disbanded for what a year or two now i think , so i dont see why theyd be releasing new material now.w..but i could be wrong

11. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Nah I can't speak French. :( But I'll get on to listening to some of those Japanese bands. Thanks!

12. skwidboy

skwidboy Member

i fucking love punk. shit like mdc, minor threat, angry samoans, gg allin and black flag.

13. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

I love Angry Samoans. They got pretty lame in their later days, but Back From Samoa remains one of my favorite punk albums.

14. Jonny Go Steady

Jonny Go Steady Member

Fuck yeah, love angry samoans. Heres some of my favs:

i'm not gonna get heavily into sub-genre names

Pop punk: old Queers, old Screeching Weasel, Ramones, Buzzcocks, Vibrators, After School Special(the punk band)(also, the best pop punk i've ever heard.) some more, i can't think.

Good ol' punk: Drones, Alan Milman Sect, the Rocks(australia)(fo' sho' one of my favs), old Kraut, hollywood squares, briefs(good new punk rock), crass, aggression, etc...

hardcore: government issue, rebel truth, minor threat, jfa, cause for alarm, urban waste, ruiners, etc.

check out kbdrecords.com. so many good, rare seven inches uploaded for your listening and downloading pleasure!!!!!!

15. appache

appache Senior Member

hey wasnt angry samoans that did that song, they saved hitlers cock hahaha shit thats fucken great

that and that song, detacheable penis - i forget who did that, i believe deadmilkmen covered it back in the day though...

you gotta be on drugs to make up a song about having a detacheable penis, and losing it somewhere and looking for it around the city

great to see someone kick of his HARDCORE list with GOVERNMENT issue, great stuff

any of u fucks from montreal?

16. Jonny Go Steady

Jonny Go Steady Member

i'm from the american totalitarian empire

17. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

My local punk house:

ac3.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_28_l_a7c16d1a6e3aa03857c2152d71e05bfa.png

ac1.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_62_l_65b86f73e66ae226c0b4b9bcff8bcf78.png

ac2.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_4_l_4415a4ac0b934ce422a4e8d992266035.png

ac4.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_21_l_253090e407d9d8d71bebcbbd68d4e143.png

ac4.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_38_l_f8da1345b50253c6756745d8d1e00d73.png

ac2.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_20_l_fac3190441915b1b669772a4c30a45c9.png

ac4.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_37_l_fdfe964adbf977a3f197edf143dbfb53.png

Punk Rock house shows FTMFW!

18. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

19. garbage down tha way

garbage down tha way Elite Member

sweet shot baker played in a basement in cleveland once.

20. XskeletorX

XskeletorX Senior Member

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Buzzcocks, Flipper and Nirvana. But I always listen to Nirvana so that doesn't really count