Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sticker tips

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by PRIMEape, Sep 10, 2009.

Share This Page

1. JAYES1

JAYES1 Member

If your going to print them off, xerox them, dont use a home printer. Xerox ink is more weather proof. Thats what I do for wheatpaste posters. And clearcoat them.

2. JAYES1

JAYES1 Member

But I know what you mean Vagrant, its really not worth the time to slice up a sticker, and t is pretty much dissing yourself. I just get a stack of like 10 and snip the edges. Its really quick, otherwise I wouldnt bother. Thats the point of stickers, theyre easy to slap up and you can get tons of them up in a short period of time. Its really not worth it to spend a lot of time trying to buff-proof it.

3. Bombing With Insurance

Bombing With Insurance Senior Member

300 res or more if printing get that high quality no pixel look

4. thedudeman

thedudeman Senior Member

go to osh/home depot/ace whatever your local hardware store is and go to the section where they have private property or for sale signs... they should have single letter stickers about 2in big. jus steal(or buy) the letters to your name then go home and over lap the letters on to eachother just a tiny bit. best place to slap em is on traffic light poles or eletrical boxes because people think that its supposed to be there.. very rarely do they get peeled off.. very easy to read so people dont have to spend time trying to read what your little bomb says that you did on your sticker and you dont have to waste time coloring all those... just stick the letters together and slap em.. also weather proof since the letters are made to be outside..

5. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

maybe some people can post up different techniques for making slaps. like relief printing, stencils. maybe a picture comparison. idk

6. CoronaOne

CoronaOne Member

.....Just

Peel And stick its not that hard.....lol:D

7. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

just thinkin the same thing

8. fnt

fnt Senior Member

laserjet ink (ie ink used in copy machines) is very good because it is actually tiny particles of plastic fused to the paper, very weather and uv resistant

also fabric screen printing ink is very good because it is rubber, you need to heat seal it though or use fixer, otherwise it will never dry. it is also very uv and weather resistant.

for drawing stickers pigmented inks and paint are best because they are more uv resistant than dye based inks.

as others have said clearcoat helps with uv resistance and weatherproofing

check out label/vinyl store's dumpsters, they're a good way to get free vinyl

9. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

i have tried this, it didnt work well for me. i would take the sticker sheet off the screen and the print would be all bubbly and fukd up. im personally not comfortable with this process

10. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Your doing something wrong then because screenprinting works absoulutely fine. Cesk, the guy that does the diamonds screenprints his stickers and they look just fine.

Cutting your stickers is complete bull shit! How can you put any up during the day like that?

If your printing stickers you dont have to xerox them you can get great quality by printing them out from your home printer and then clear coating them.

Here is a tut on how to print on 228's
    http://www.stencilrevolution.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28823

Now no one will have to ask me for it.:D Not that I mind im on here alot so if anyone has questions I could probbaly answer them and if i dont know the answer I will help you find it out.:D

11. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

when you fuk up a sticker or get some shitty ones in a pack, i like to recycle those by spray painting them black and do a nice handstyle and message on them. but i guess u could do anything to it really. i hate waste

12. inkeys.

inkeys. New Member

When clear coating your stickers, what do you use, where do you get it?

13. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

any where that sells aerosol cans. its either called lacquer, clear coat, or preserve it spray

14. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Krylon flat clearcoat
    Krylon Acrylic clear coat
    Krylon Gloss clear coat
    That is all I use, hardware stores have it, walmart, and most arts and crafts stores have it. Alot of other laces have it too, shouldnt be that hard to find.

15. Delse

Delse Senior Member

put stickers on people,animals,window shields and computer screens

16. PRIMEape

PRIMEape Senior Member

this

17. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

whats a window shield? lol

a windshield?

18. Delse

Delse Senior Member

19. DuskSAN

DuskSAN Senior Member

true.these stickers are nice. hillman 3inch reflectives. really strong. but dont go and buy them. they are 60cents or more for just one. but they stay up forever

20. big nug

big nug Member

if you print an image from the computer onto a sticker via printer... will it fade? and how long would it last
    edit- saw that zerox was better, word.