Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. coh508

coh508 Member

thanks joker what can i do to make it better so its not so basic

2. Stonk

Stonk Senior Member

umm first i would say dont listen to that joker guy..you'll here it a thousand times..sketch first..and for a long time before you even begin painting..second you'll here another thousand times is when you sketch just copy the letters off your keyboard.

3. whosthisguy

whosthisguy Senior Member

coh. sketch more. and SE4 dont do the letters backwards. do them the right way first. i mean there is no right way. but start off simple and legible.

4. whosthisguy

whosthisguy Senior Member

and TRIDE, your straights are nice. work on your throwie a little bit.take that thing out of the bottom of the d

5. coh508

coh508 Member

thanks everybody

6. Baron

Baron Moderator

No problem, Doctor Nick

7. soath

soath Elite Member

i don't have any good excuse... but I'll try :rolleyes: it's cold?

my bad.

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_sickofallthehate_soath_mybad.jpg

*started by tagging with an inverted marking can... those suck in ways I never knew. what a waste of money.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  8. unsuccsessfull

unsuccsessfull Senior Member

9. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

My first "piece." I'm going back to fix the R and E and to put a shadow cuz I didn't have my color. but seriously, no shit-talking unless you're going to point out actual things to fix.
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3187_3068478573_6e8a5f392c.png

10. Each

Each Senior Member

reor- nice first piece. i dont really think you should do the reflected look unless the whole name is reflected. but samn nice first one. and if i were you i wouldnt have the huge curl off or both the r's
    unsuccesful- nice throw. nice letters for the grey piece
    Soath- i wouldnt have the h curl go behind itself. good letters. looks kinda like a quick piece, but a good quick one. and yeah, the cold is sometimes an issue.

11. Subconcious

12. soath

soath Elite Member

yeah the cold and the inverted marking can. whoops. I tried to get that up in an hour... sucks, just kept trying different things, and fixing them again and again. sorta a waste of good fill with that shitty outline. wanted the H to match the S and my handstyle but the H is to far away and not thick enough. it's on a foot wide ledge as well so it's weird to paint with your arm extended to your side insted of infront of you... whatever. thanks for the critz. i was expecting much, much, worse. not very straight lines either. is the 3D off?

13. Each

Each Senior Member

the 3d isnt really off, but it doesnt look like 3d. it just looks like the outline on the left side got thicker. looks more like a shadow

14. Subconcious

15. soath

soath Elite Member

yeah, you're right.

16. Each

Each Senior Member

soath. your piece doesnt look like its in a very heated spot, so just take your time. those spots are essentially for practice, cause there are no pigs there watchin. so next time you hit that spot take some time and maybe plan out a better piece cause you got all day. and yeah. those inverted cans are really only for roads and shit. not pieces

17. soath

soath Elite Member

yeah I had just got off a 12hr night shift, scrounged up some bottles for money, bought that stupid can... what a bitch. i thought i do a wicked handsteez and build off of it... fuck was i wrong. thanks for the feedback, you're right about the spot and everything.

18. Baron

Baron Moderator

Soath, thicken those bars, make the bar sizes proportionate, your 3D is way off, sketch it out for a while next time, take your time all your stuff looks kind of rushed

Unsuccessfull, you fill seems to remain constant but that may just be the wall change in the background, move your H bars a little closer, don't highlight your outlines, just doesn't look right, especially when you already outlined the fill and they are in opposite areas

Subconscious, I'm sorry but your letter structure is terrible, I don't see any bars and all of your letters are interconnected, your extensions seem meaningless, they seem to produce out of nothing, I had the same problem when I first started out and it is difficult to explain but to keep it short, don't use extension until you have the bare-bone basics down. Color choice is weak too. Sorry I know it sounds like candyland but you have to go back to 'start'. Believe me I thought the same thing, my old stuff looked just like that and I thought it was the shit but because I never went back the the basic bars I practically wasted 6-7 months.

19. Stonk

Stonk Senior Member

reor make those letters way straighter..you'll learn how to bend them later..also dont woryry about your fill to much right now.

soath make you letters the same size..and lose the little swoop thing.

didn't really get to many critz on the last shit i posted but whatever....heres more

View attachment 428945
    View attachment 428946 tried some weird shit..not quite sure how im feeling about it

20. fonone

fonone Senior Member

dope^, maybe bring that T in closer.

reor... your can control is better than mine haha, pretty decent for a first piece.. the letters however need alot of work maybe sketch up a few straight letters