Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. costco

costco Member

the homedepot dollar blacks are good but the white is worthless pretty much but if you want cheep go to an autoparts store or a bjs wholesale club and get the caps off of the invaglass and the elmers glue spray caps there both fats and you can get a nice thin line and a good ny fat sized line also.

2. ELTANQUE

ELTANQUE New Member

Those caps are descent caps from the invisible glass cleaner are one of the best caps they work excellent on rustos and hardcore gives nice flare lines

3. greenapple67

greenapple67 Member

4. SLAY_666

SLAY_666 Member

i have some yellow caps with black dots.. anyone know what they are?

5. SLAY_666

SLAY_666 Member

also how can you tell the diffrence between a NY skinny and a NY fatty

6. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yellow caps with black dots are probably banana caps, they're skinny.. good for outlining. if I'm not mistaken they come with the MTN 2G cans
    NY fats have a wider slit in their stem and a wider hole in their dot.

7. greenapple67

greenapple67 Member

these are probable skinny banana
    ny thin and ny fat differ on their lines on the side of them... cool.png cool.png

8. SLAY_666

SLAY_666 Member

9. am1er

am1er Senior Member

Black dots allll dayyy

10. theEmenhiser

theEmenhiser Member

NY Thinz all day! I am interested in eventually trying out a bunch of different caps, though. Keepin' an open mind everyday.

11. Aster.one

Aster.one Senior Member

Ny fats are my fav, wish they were like the germans though, so comfy on the finger..

12. killingtime

killingtime Member

NY probly the way to go

13. Sync1

Sync1 Member

Can someone please help me? I've always been having trouble with this and screw it up all times. Do the dot colors have any meaning for the type of caps? For example!: Red-dot caps are for thin/outline caps and/or white-dot caps are for fat/fill-in caps?

If anyone can give me some tips on using caps, buying caps and not mixing up and getting confused I'd highly appreciate it. Because the fact that I get em confused or have problems identifying them I end up screwing up pieces. Still new the scene and please guide me to the right direction. Thanks!

14. maizy

maizy Banned

When I was just starting I was confused like a mother fucker. Here is a few quick off the top of my heads cap list->

Gray dot = skinny pretty good
    Orange dot = medium
    NY Fat = medium fat I think is pretty good for handstyles.
    Pink dot = fattish (not super fat but respectable for handstyles.)
    Cyclone = Super fat Ironlak Reload default cap. But it is an excellent choice for other cans both low pressure & high pressure.
    Gold dot = Skinny (not as skinny as a grey dot but still.)
    Vegan = Ironlak 400ml default it is fairly skinny. This cap is for outlines if you want a super thin look somewhere else -> grey dots.
    NY Thin = Fairly skinny but not that fat. Personally I love NY fat but NY thin not a fan they kinda suck.
    Needle cap = Super thin but will get very drippy very quickly.

This was all off the top of my head if you have anymore questions PM me or just reply here.

15. Sync1

Sync1 Member

Maizy, thank you so much for your reply. Very good information. I actually saved it on my phone notes for future use. Appreciated! Though can you tell me what are the difference in low/high pressure cans? What cans do you suggest for murals? I'm more interested in legal murals rather than going for bombing and such.

Thank you. :)

16. maizy

maizy Banned

Oh shit I'm sorry I never saw this and personally I love high pressure and low pressure bores me. I like to even be at the legal wall for 30 minutes not 3 hours so I use high pressure. I know some people can't get perfect drip free 30 colors with the way I do it. But I'm a fan of doing a 2-4 color throwie so I only use high pressure. But from your description you'll definitely want low pressure. Ironlak Reload is high pressure which is good for filling in large areas. Even if you want low pressure for your neat shit you'll want some high pressure. This is where you'll need to prepare; some paint works with some paint and doesn't work with others. Ironlak and Ironlak Reload work very nicely together versus Ironlak and Rustomleum doesn't work out so well. So you'll need to prepare before you drop cash because not every brand works with each other.

17. onek

onek Member

They are NOT the same company, I hope you know that 5 years after you wrote that. MTN montana is the original brand from Barcelona, Spain, and the other one used to produce carpaint but stole MTN's idea AND their name. PEACE

18. RENEGADES

RENEGADES Senior Member

19. spiltink

spiltink Banned

spamm im not downloading spamm fuk off

20. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

Green, Black, White.
    Purple, black, White
    Blue, black, white
    Red, Black, white