Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. TronKid

TronKid New Member

i wanted to know why everytime i put my tip on the can its just splatters paint every where...is there something wrong with my tips or the type of cans im buying? P.S. the cans are color place dollar cans

2. costco

costco Member

Dregs I haven't had a that problem yet but I've cleaned mine with the rest of my caps before with paint thinner so mabie try that.

Also has anyone gave any rusto or NY fatts a sex change yet? Im curious if they work good enough to spend the time to do so or should I stick with my adapter?

3. Sam Rockwell

Sam Rockwell New Member

Does anybody know of alternative places to get different caps that will fit krylon cans? I live in a small town with no art supply stores, so i'm stuck with the shitty original caps. I thought maybe there would be something you can take them from at a hardware store, like some spray lubricant or adhesive or something... Any help? I really only need something relative to a fat cap, for fills; I usually use paint markers for skinny lines.

4. nah!

nah! Banned

you mean like... on a throwup/piece?

lol

5. Sam Rockwell

Sam Rockwell New Member

I mean I do portraits mostly, so I block everything with spraypaint and detail it with paint markers. I'm just figuring out how to use spraypaint over the past year, but I've been painting conventionally all my life.

Also, I don't really know most of the terminology on here, so whatever. I'm from a pretty small town, so there are no street artists here. I just know that the caps on the paint i use fucking suck, it takes way too long to fill in a large area, so I wanna try to find another way. Although some guy in another thread talked about modifying the caps with an airpump needle, so i'm trying that as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
  6. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

Male valve krylons have no alternative, that I know of.
    One of the many reasons nⓘggas have completely stopped using it.

7. ampt

ampt Member

why did rusto switch to male cans? is there any reason?

8. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

9. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

^

At least you can buy caps or adapters for rusto, and their stocks aren't nearly as bad as krylon

10. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

yeah i got the ap fat caps for rusto and they are actually really dope, clog super fast though

11. siklikeaidsup

siklikeaidsup Member

Who cares thats why we got mtn. But agree they sum bitchs

12. siklikeaidsup

siklikeaidsup Member

Are you shaking the paint before or after you put on the cap?..And it really helps to turn the can upside down n sspray untill u let the pressure out to take off the cap waste a lil bit of paint buh still very helpfull

But i did have the same issure fer a while^^

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
  13. HADES.

HADES. Senior Member

Ny fat cap for everything

14. Take-One

Take-One Member

Tremclads

I picked up a couple of Tremclads the other day because they were on sale and I thought they would be the same as Rust-O: Painter's Touch.
    Clearly I was wrong. I took off the cap and there was a weird ass plastic nozzle thing sticking out of the can, and I couldn't get NY Fats, Rust-o fats, or ny thins to fit on it (unless I wasn't trying hard enough). What is the deal with Tremclads? The stock cap is OK, but what the hell am I supposed to put on it?

15. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

That's what everyone has been talking about on here. With rustos and tremclads, they switched to male valve stems to avoid cap switching (i'm assuming). But now you can buy cap adapters to make it become a female valve. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpAiPrczyxs

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

Or you can be a fuckin man and sex change your caps. Just cut the male part of the cap, and widen the hole. Problem solved. It seems as if yall only have like 3 caps in your stock... go to a fuckin shop or even the internet and buy 1000 rusto fats, and 1000 german universals, youll be set for a year or two, or fuck since most here dont even paint it might last you longer.

17. rackingndbombing702

rackingndbombing702 New Member

primer is kinda dope. the rusto sandable primer is nice. good flat flat black

18. issac

issac New Member

trans versal

i found that caps off of engine detail spray or aerosol glue come in handythey look great with a flowy hand style i think these caps are originally named transversal. ive tried them with rustos and dollars cans this is the best i can get on my budget............

19. issac

issac New Member

trans versal

i found that caps off of engine detail spray or aerosol glue come in handy they look great with a flowy hand style i think these caps are originally named transversal. ive tried them with rustos and dollars cans this is the best i can get on my budget............

20. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

this thread is dying due to all the paint companies switching to fixed can valves,