Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. popshots

popshots Senior Member

2. drOping

drOping Senior Member

Popshots- "give critz to get critz"....doesn't mean say one general statement to everyone on the page...some people may feel like they are able to do basic bars, and would like to throw a little tweak in. who gives a fuck if people color it...it's fun.

I think you need to rework your K, its unproportional...bring that top bar out a little

3. XXORtsald

XXORtsald Elite Member

you obviously are a toy, that doesn't need 3-D, the whole piece is 3-D, sterc keep doing your thing, try walling it.

4. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

LMAO omgz you're killing me over here... C'MON, look at the R, the "3d" is so fucked up M.C Escher is shitting his coffin as we speak. I didnt say it NEEDS 3D, i'm saying he needs to stick with only one vanishing point.

besides... this is the toy bb thread. do you honestly believe ANYONE who posts in this thread is advanced enough to jump into 3D shit like that? Dude, reality check... get ur solid letters down and stick with only one vanishing point, them move onto 2, then 3, then whatever.

it's the internets so i can say whatever the fuck i want about anything i fucking want hahahahhahahah.

but the fact still remains that i have a valid point.

i love being right, it makes my mornings :)

5. sterc

sterc New Member

Thanks guys, even though you start biting at eachother over my thing, that wasn't my intention of a first post.

EST2007, I'm just playing around with this style and all sorts of 3D. I'm totally sick of the vanishing/1 point 3D I've been seeing so often for so many years, so I'm playing around with isometric, 2 point-, 3 point- and 4 point perspectives. (Might even try 5 point soon). Point about this piece though was kinda not just using set vanishing points, but playing with perspective. And yeah, I know the 3D in the R is off.

For anyone interested in this matter, check out this site:

http://www.termespheres.com/perspective.html

And the book is worth buying as well.

Fury, yeah, Esher has always been one of my sources of inspiration, and his drawing skills were sick too.

Now, for some crits:

suparjafar: Quite a lot of your bars are off, try drawing the letters as seperate bars first, erasing or copying it afterwards.

crailtap: What did you do with the outline at the round parts, it's not curved but hooked.

Graffyk: In your simple, try drawing straight lines, you're a bit shaky all along. Make a swift movement with your hand, and try using your wrist as a hinge. Don't be afraid to turn your paper on the table. Your throwie is just plain sloppy. Put some time in thinking it through... (BTW, I'm pretty damn sure Viral is taken.)

lareaper: Try comparing the sizes of the bars in the different letters, you're not consistent in using the same sizes. Also, in your fill-in, try to make the seperation in the colours (in this case, yellow and green) at kinda the same height, because that's how you'd be putting it on a wall.

drOping:
    I like the piece, but I'm not really feeling the colours. How about doing the 3D in a different colour. Same for the colours of your fill in, green and blue together in this way isn't really working for me. Your putting a primairy and a secondary colour together, which isn't a problem, but try doing it with complentary colours, so they stand out more.

Try reading this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementary_color#Art_and_design

popshots:
    Try connecting them, so leaving a piece of the outline out between the letters, so they flow into eachother.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  6. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

dude, i dont think you realize that until you get the basic letter structure of your letters really solid, it's always going to look like a failed DAIM piece. stop trying to run when u got huggies on...

7. sterc

sterc New Member

I understand what you're saying there, but as said, I'm just experimenting with this style, not even pretending I'm even close to DAIM's work.

But it's a whole different way of thinking and planning your piece when you're twisting and turning the letters like this.

8. Dek2

Dek2 Member

SLEKs is aight, I like mainly the S and the 3D. Most def work on your other letters like maybe bring the top leg of the K back in.
    nice tho

9. HalfGangstaShit

HalfGangstaShit Elite Member

Bumperize!
    Sterc do you!
    Viral how about you start by drawing straight lines, them shit's look like Michael J. Fox drew that for you..
    Dr0ppings, simpler letters man! and yeah I agree with sterc color it differently, that was a waste of markers s2s.

10. HalfGangstaShit

11. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

12. StayHyE

StayHyE Senior Member

13. HalfGangstaShit

yo crailtap, you gotta work on that C and H homie, "why is the H raping the C?", your color sense seems to be keen (which is great), I'd say do simpler letters till you can actually fuck with them..

14. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

yeah thats my plan for now, im going to keep off the more complex shit for a while

15. Graffyk

Graffyk Senior Member

alright, i'll try to draw cleaner and straight lines.

can anyone confirm that viral is taken?

16. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

HalfGangstaShit- Shit is fly as fuck homie

17. Fury

Fury Elite Member

18. deeeeezy

deeeeezy Member

19. maLLe

maLLe Senior Member

20. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

want crits? give em' first.
    by the looks of what you posted, i can already tell what'll be said about your piece.