Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. *Patch!

*Patch! Senior Member

writing letters are so last year. Its all about numbers now

2. MRBC0706

MRBC0706 Member

Hey I'm new to the whole graffiti thing (don't even know how to to letters or anything) but I can't think of a name to use. So far I've been considering 'Tramp' or 'Kachina'. Any thoughts on these?

3. brainlord

brainlord Senior Member

Both are fine for starting man, really your first name never sticks. You're just trying to find a style and learn things, so pick a name and start drawing and draw different names, and try new styles. It's the quickest way to learn.

4. Moon

Moon Senior Member

Actually, no. Don't use those names. They're to long and they don't flow very well. Unless you want to abbreviate them or something, but still, I just don't think those names are to great. Try 3 to 5 letters, and make them flow well.

Also, just for the record, I've been using my first name for 2 years.

5. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

6. brainlord

brainlord Senior Member

I understand what you're saying, but really any arrangement of letters will flow together depending how you work them. And as for them being too long, tons of writers have names ranging in all lengths. So it's really whatever he/she wants to do, or likes.

And there's exceptions to everything man, I've stayed with a name years before deciding to switch it.

No beef, just my advise.

7. MRBC0706

MRBC0706 Member

Alrighty, I'll start with drawing those and try to think of some other names. Think 'Lezo' work any better?

8. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

Write Leno instead, that shit would be funny.

9. Fury

Fury Elite Member

And work probably look better and easier to draw than Lezo.

10. MRBC0706

MRBC0706 Member

Hahaha that'll be fun at least for practicing some stuff.

11. Moon

Moon Senior Member

That's true. In the long run, it's really up to you as a writer to be your final judge. The advice we give is really our own opinions, not the opinion of the person receiving advice. I see your point, but as you know, I don't totally agree.

12. MRBC0706

MRBC0706 Member

I've started drawing 'Grim' and I like the way it looks so I'll probably be sticking with that for awhile. Thanks for the help and see you folks in the threads.

13. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

so many people write grim...

14. MRBC0706

MRBC0706 Member

Gah... This choosing a name is annoying. Is 'Angak' useable? I just don't wanna copy someone else's name but, I don't want a lame, ugly name. Any more advice?

15. MRBC0706

MRBC0706 Member

I think that would get us closer to answering your question about who has the longest name lol.

16. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Don't worry about a name for now.
    But when you think of one, just go to flickr, search it, along with "graffiti," see if anyone in your area has it, and if not, do it.

Just make sure they're not a fucking king or something.

17. BRAZE-TWO

BRAZE-TWO Member

haha,Yeah, Im fairly new to the graffitti scene, and am not really worried to much about picking a solid name as im still learning, But once i get the hang of things, I think ill stick to just one. Right now im kinda floating around a couple..

18. Anon937

Anon937 Senior Member

I write Choak, but there is a guy that has been bombing in Cali, all the way to my town in Ohio.
    He writes Choke.
    Should I continue writing Choak?

19. BRAZE-TWO

BRAZE-TWO Member

Well, Thats a hard one...Its spelled different, So i wouldnt really worry,Me personally, I would see if i got up more then he did, and if i did, i would keep it, but if i didnt...then i would change.

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Are you sure it's the same guy?
    Either way, just do it.