Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dubbed

dubbed Senior Member

2. CERZone

CERZone Member

good start. color. some 3d, outlining. go into depth with the piece and see how it turns out

3. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

Cerz, I absolutely HATE that flower with the arrows

4. CERZone

CERZone Member

hahaha, why.. i dont know, i drew the flower for a friend and it was in my blackbook so i just tryed to give it the graffiti feel i guess

5. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

6. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

sbal- try a capital A instead of a lower case on those throwies..

7. 4HER

4HER Member

Who the fuck are you?
    Your letters are WEAK. You just shunned some really solid advice on how to IMPROVE.
    ''blaahh blahh i don't want to be conformist and standard graffiti..''
    Guess what.. your work is STANDARD POOR TOY.
    There's nothin wrong with wantin to be different, but youre not and you never will be unless you take some constructive advice and improve your letters.

8. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

loki- listen to the crits. seriously

i had real bad writers block recently so i took this pic and tried to design this around it without directly biting, apart from the a was a bit bitten.
    it actually helps a lot, way more than i thought actually
    [Broken External Image]:http://jasonburnz.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/aplus.jpg
    afarm5.static.flickr.com_4102_4802184041_230a761359.jpg

9. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Thats so tight ^ go with that and itill get better.

How are these simples looking?
    ai621.photobucket.com_albums_tt300_2wayducttape_DSC_0007_3.jpg

10. *Patch!

*Patch! Senior Member

the only thing that is close to that piece is the A which is pretty much bitten

11. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

12. Meph*

Meph* Guest

View attachment 575776

res4- that piece you started in the bottom i dig a lot, cant wait to see it fully colored.

weakfingers- those letters look nice and simple, something easy that would look good on a wall ( the backwards R is cute)

13. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

weak- i prefer the first r and the second u, looking pretty good
    sbal- keep working on the orange one, make the l more pronounced for one thing
    meph- did anyone else notice the name on the brains, that was a god idea just need clean up a bit. and i will never finish it. i have no pens only biros and one red colouring pencil. im to ghetto for that shit

14. CERZone

CERZone Member

weak- lose the glitter

15. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

sbal- just fix it a little, just saying lowercase is a little harder to make work.. just keep at it.

16. Meph*

Meph* Guest

thanks for the crit res4 and yeah i thought a throw up on the brain was mind-blowing too lol

17. 4HER

4HER Member

I like this. It's a cool concept. Would love to see it at a crazier angle though, rather than front on.
    Like, lookin at the guy more from above, really seein the brain spewing out towards you, drippin n shit..

18. M3KA1!

M3KA1! Elite Member

you. calm down. why cant she do her own shit without you bustin out the insults? you dont NEED to like it. Loki do yer thang

19. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

aspek u in chitown??? i cant see too much influence in ur sketch besides the A and the separate bar in the P... id like to see something from u that doesnt flare out at the bottom, like all ur letters always are thin on top and thick on the bottom, switch it up and maybe ull like what comes out...

loki i dont like the wonky arrow extensions... if u dont like typical graff u dont have to go out and paint any... ill admit when i started painting i wanted to rock pieces and ive painted AND sketched a few wack pieces, but once u get serious about wanting to develop ur own style, u realize that u haveta go simpler to progress faster..... its just better to practice with simpler letters if u want to progress into ur own style and not constantly put up stuff no one likes to see... im not saying conform, i never would, but starting with the basics is just part of the game

20. nickstix

nickstix Senior Member

Meph- Maybe try placing the letters as more of a part of the brain rather than a tumor sticking out the side...other than that it looks cool

Sbal- try sketching keyborad letters using bars. If you need help with bars look at the new to graff thread.

weakfingers- That belongs on a wall. pleasing to the eyes.

Something I started for the Break battle, Only an outline for now b/c I might re-do it. The E, A, and K are alittle close because I started running out of page.

View attachment 575837

Should I add 3-D and fill? or Re-do it with better spacing? also advice on the letters would be nice.

crits?