Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

View attachment 594419

2. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^hahahahaha got em!!!!!

3. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

lost- total bite first of alll... and your charac is aight not the best but not bad

4. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

"Lost" is lost in the sauce

5. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

Hey I did these awhile ago I'd just like a little input on how to improve or tweak my style.

Attached Files:

6. ribcage

ribcage Banned

i like mostly everything on those, except the letters. like the colors are dope, and all the shit thats goin on like chainsaw stop sign etc look good, but i cant read the letters

7. 50Cent

50Cent Member

8. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Thats i because his letters have no structure... you've jumped right into trying making something wild and somewhat artistic when it clearly looks like you dont understand about the basic simple letters first cause even the small simples on there aren't appealing. Copy KEYBOARD letters and create them with even width bars instead of jumping in to something where people who don't know a clue about this stuff may think its dope because of fancy colours etc @ Dcicfhbimv

50 Cent - The arrow placements in someplaces like off the side of that N are pointless - the sketch would look alot better if you just kept the letters without any necessity's as at the minute it all looks forced, however you need to watch your bar with and structure aswell but if you keep that simple you will get to where you understand where to add stuff in through time... don't just jump straight into it mate.

9. swlost13

swlost13 Member

i usually look at letters then add my own style, but i was slackin on that piece. oh wellll. it only took me like 20 minutes anyway

10. Example1

Example1 Member

Ok, here. i did some simpler stuff,

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z92_mystery504life_examm.png

a little more complex but still simpler then the last one

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z92_mystery504life_Real.png

11. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

you really dont understand the term "simple" do you?
    i suggest you take a weekend and actually read past posts in this very thread, even if you just go back the last 500 or so pages you will see definitions on basically every other page explaining to people who bite off more than they can handle what a simple is, where to start, how to progress from a good basic starting point rather than trying to polish a piece of shit
    when you are at your stage in the game it takes less time to start over from scratch than it does trying to correct everything that's wrong in your pieces.
    spend some time reading and doing some legwork and i am sure things will improve, but i doubt it will happen if ya dont go back to simples

12. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

Thanks man I'll work on it. I'm trying to come up with some more unique letter forms. So its kinda a trail and error thing.

13. ribcage

ribcage Banned

definetly need work on structure like anarone said, idk if i would go as far as to tell you to bite your keyboard yet though cause these the only things ive seen, at this point id say lose all the color and all the extra shit and focus on the letters

14. Example1

Example1 Member

So by simple you mean something like this? Disregard the extremely crooked lines. I was trying to quit cigs when i did this and i had very shaky hands.

ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z92_mystery504life_brisk.png

15. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Senior Member

ai176.photobucket.com_albums_w188_sabe_2_Picture096.jpg
    MY best drawing ever including throwies and peices

16. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

example- closer to simple... but not quite... loose the connections in the letters , make the doton the I smaller, and loose what i think are drips? and im actually digging that B

17. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

18. JesterOner

JesterOner Member

clean as ever, nice work. only critisism is that the arrow on the K is too fat cos it overlaps the other leg of the k.
    ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr113_KidsOnLsd_IMGP4225.jpg
    mehhhh looked nice untill i uploaded it aha

19. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

What do you use to do highlights with? looks bad. Try using some thing with a more opaque white

20. Example1

Example1 Member

Yea those are supposed to be drips... never quit cigs and try to draw. it never comes out nice...