Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

Shifted: what perv said, but also if you're into long exposures and don't have an external flash, borrow someone else's camera and just use the flash on that. It helps if it's an slr (film or digi, doesn't matter) because they register the click faster. In the past I've used my dslr on a tripod, and my film slr as the flash, triggered by an infared remote that I got for $10 off ebay.

2. iWrite.

iWrite. Senior Member

does the nikon D3000 have a live view mode,? i heard it doesnt.? tryin to make a wise choice on my first camera.

3. SAID

SAID Moderator

I personally never even use live view..

4. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Live view should not be important whether to buy a camera or not. Live view is useless sales ploy. So is HD video. Forget all that shit. What you need to think about is lens compatibility, if you intend to buy more lenses at a later stage, and you own a d3000 or or d60 or d40, you are limited to AF-S lenses, eg, 50mm f/1.8 AF-S, or else you will be stuck without autofocus. AF-S basically means, the motor that powers the autofocus is built into the lens, rather than in the camera itself as with cameras such as the D90 D300 and more expensive cameras. So basically if you own a d40 or d3000 or d5000 you are stuck with having to buy the newer AF-S lenses if you want auto focus. This can cost a lot more in the long run. If you intend to buy lots of lenses that are not AF-S and cannot autofocus without a camera with an autofocus motor inside it as I did, you need a d80, d90, d300 and up. If you have a camera like this, you can use any lens since the 1950's on it.

These are things that you should be considering, not live view.

You MUST read this website if you are buying a camera and you don't know anything.
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  5. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Is a Canon Rebel EO5 XS any good for a starter camera? My brother has one and ive been using it alot and I like it. I'd like to buy some lenses for it too but not now. Most likely something wide range like 55-300mm and a fisheye

6. iWrite.

iWrite. Senior Member

alright thanks , fuck a live view then, it is kinda pointless i i guess, d300 it is .

7. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

If you are buying canon, ignore everything I just said. The EOS system is completely compatible with everything basically, except with full frame and cropped sensors etc.

Canon don't make a fisheye for their small format cameras and they are expensive.

Nikon make the 10.5mm DX fisheye, so if a fisheye lens is something oyu have your heart set on, get a nikon D90.

8. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Haha, check the price of a D300 before you pledge g.

A d90 would be better for you, if you are serious about this shit. Otherwise, a d40 or d3000 will do you great.

9. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

THat was my other choice but thats wayy out of my price range.

10. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Well if a D90 is out of your price range, a fisheye or any lens is going to be out of your price range too. Lenses start at 600$US and up. the Fisheye is about 700$US.

11. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Yea I know. I looked at some online. I don't really need one but i'm into skateboarding and that stuff so I could use it.

But that stuff I would get later. I'm not gonna get it right away. I don't have a job but I was hoping whatever money I have plus whoever wants to chip in can help me get it for christmas.

12. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Yeah, start small, so far I've owned a D60, a D80 and now I have my D300, next will be a pro model like a D3X once it's cheaper and I start getting into this shit professionally. It's easy enough to sell your cameras for basically what you bought them for as long as you keep them in good condition and you sell them to a sucker.

agallery.photo.net_photo_8542278_md.jpg

COPPED.
    This thing is like a tank, beautiful! Cost me $1300US, ouch! Now I need to save for a lens... another half a year or so before I can even use it, but it'll be worth the wait! Can't wait till I grow old and hand this camera down to my grandkids!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  13. ares

ares Elite Member

D3x is no joke, you must really be counting stacks of loot...
    I should buy me a lottery ticket, every piece of equipment I own could use a serious upgrade.

14. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

I bought the leica by accident on ebay, left a bid I thought was far too low to win, turns out no-one else bid above me. Now I'm stuck with having to pay for it.

D3X is pricey now but give it a year and it will be as useless as a D2 or any other digi cam thats more than a couple years old.

15. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

oh right, thats what i figured but for some reason i was thinking there was another way to do it

i got a sb-600

16. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

17. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

Developed my first roll at home in over 10 years today. The negs look good, but I don't have a scanner or enlarger yet. Ilford 3200 pushed to 6400, in crappy sprint developer. Hope they look good once they're scanned.

18. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

wow, 3200. grain city

19. SAID

SAID Moderator

20. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned