Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Country Crunk Milk Shakes - Underground HIPHOP(daily updates)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeSuS_KRiST, Oct 25, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

Violence Begets Violence...jsut came out today. shits fucking HYPE.

2. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

yeah i got that and reef the lost cauze album today both fucking GOLD!

3. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

4. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

bump reef brand nubian snow goons jedi mind tricks

5. THEPOSTWHORE5000

6. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

7. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

its fuckign gross the albums that are coming out in the last two months. FUCK I LOVE HIP FUCKING HOP FUCK DUBSTEP BULLSHIT

8. THEPOSTWHORE5000

9. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

10. RealHipHopHead

RealHipHopHead Senior Member

Lo Keys - Dreams Are Gold (Freestyle)
    a2.bp.blogspot.com__sK3dWQj3C0Q_TqszLTg4UmI_AAAAAAAAADE_eGPHtXdb6dad8d3e47734435bc8f7056738dab.jpg
    http://hulkshare.com/qg6u0ophmbou

Lecture: Young Guru (Madrid 2011)
    DJ Rerok - The Pymphony Ft. Wais P Curt@!n$ Nickelus F & Maffew Ragazino
    [Broken External Image]:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9-xpu8a3duE/Tqnkm_EDR8I/AAAAAAAAAMY/hz1mIK_1pF4/s400/PYMPHONY.jpg
    http://soundcloud.com/clockworkmusic-2/dj-rerok-feat-wais-p-curt-n

Epidemic - Set It Off (Produced by 5th Element)
    Nina B - Picture This Ft. Skyzoo (Prod. 6th Sense)
    Jean Grae Interview with Well Versed pt. 1 Jean Grae Interview with Well Versed pt. 2
    Mobb Deep on RapFix Live
    DJ Premier - Regeneration ft. Nas & The Berklee Symphony Orchestra
    a2.bp.blogspot.com__9qitvSUaUA8_TqmuPj1SvtI_AAAAAAAAAC8_tcLv9mWaP3w_s320_dj_premier.jpg
    http://hulkshare.com/1pv4tct1snr3

Evidence – I Don’t Need Love (Live) VISIT REALHIPHOPHEAD.COM

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  11. RealHipHopHead

12. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

13. RealHipHopHead

how can this thread be RIP to the dude above me^? this threads always thumpin with music etc.
    if you guys n girls dont wanna read dont read but heres an album review Written by: Cody Dzintars

Evidence - Cats & Dogs [Album Review]

The first time I heard of Evidence was when I heard "Worst Comes to Worst" by Dilated Peoples. I've revisited this classic track a couple times since its release, but never really listened to the group or much of Evidence since then. Then, one night last August I went to an Atmosphere show in a nice, small venue in upstate NY. Opening for them first was Blueprint, and then came Evidence. I had done some research that reminded me of who Evidence was, and I remembered him from D.P, and now I feel like an idiot. I feel like I've been asleep since 2001 when Worst Comes to Worst was released. Anyways, Evidence ripped the show and the whole crowd was feeling him. When he got off stage and walked off, I was lucky enough to be standing near where he was walking, shook his hand and told him he did a great job tonight. If I could have just listened to this album before then, instead of shaking his hand, I probably would have been on my knees praising him.

To start off, this album has a lot of voice samples. Luckily for me, I'm a sucker for voice samples. Something I like about them is how much the words "Evidence", "Cats", and "Dogs" is said through them. It's a cool way to stamp himself and the title in the album. But, not only does this album have a ton of voice samples, but samples in general. It sounds like the whole album is really one big sample, which I enjoy very much. Because of this, its hard to find a track to skip over or one to even consider bad.

The first track "The Liner Notes" featuring Aloe Blacc slowly gets you into the album, but as soon as it hits track two, "Strangers", you know you're in for something. The horns are simply epic, and evidence's cool, collective style rapping over this gives it a real hard kind of hip hop. He's coming with an attitude and on some real serious shit. "If it's one thing I've learned that I've written down on paper /It's never leave some weed on the table with a stranger."

Something else I'd like to point out is how Evidence raps. For me, his flow and style is one of a kind. He's so quiet and calm when hes rapping, but his lyrics are so meaningful and powerful. He's coming with a message with every bar he spits, but he does it in such a unique way with his style and his beats that its almost like watching the intro to the years biggest action film each track.

Then, there's "The Red Carpet" featuring two heavy lyricists Raekwon and Ras Kass. First off, this beat is from a different world. I feel pure emotion from this beat, I still can't get over it. Raekwon and Ras are a sure fit for this type of beat as well, and this has got to be one of my favorite tracks of the year. Then the next track, "It Wasnt Me" is the best way to follow up such a beat. As far as the lyricism for this track, its short and sweet, but awesome at the same time. "The flow's connected like I knew people/ Director of photography, I shoot people." Maybe this could have been the second track, but either way, it wouldnt change how effective this beat and sample in the chorus saying "Evidence" is.

The tracks "I Don't Need Love", "You", and "Fame" are great tracks with steady beats, but not my favorites on the album. I feel like these beats are a little different than the previous ones, but still on track and fit well with the albums theme. The cool thing with Evidence is how he's talking about a lot of the same things that One Be Lo, Slug, and others are talking about, but still makes it feel like hes the first to rap about it. He speaks on how he doesnt care about fame, which a lot of rappers have spoken upon. Yet, the way he does it seperates him from the rest.

The next big track I would like to mention for me was "Late For The Sky" featuring Slug and Aesop Rock. Like usual, Slug does his thing on this. He has his clever lines and usual flow, the regular Slug we've all grown to love. Same for Aesop, instead I feel his verse was a little off. I couldnt quite get a grip on it, not only for his actual rapping but also for the lyrics. I felt the song was a song of confidence and rising up to do better, but instead his verse threw me off and I didn't get that feel.

"Crash" is a very interesting song as well. Lyrically, it delievers. Flow, it delievers. But, this is another beat I cannot get over. Something about it is just so hypnotizing and addictive. I definetly enjoy the samples from the news also. He has some interesting lines in here, like "Big brother watching, little brother listening." Also, "A different way to see the same thing I'm seein/ Kinda like Carribbean and say Carribbean" saying each the two different ways they can be pronounced.

The first track I heard from the album is one of the last ones, "To Be Continued". From the instant the beat started I knew it would have that intense feel. Although it is mostly just horns and a weak snare, theres something about it that is compelling, and matches his voice and flow very well. Something I failed to mention is the scratching on the album, which is very noticable when it comes about and is special on the album. Not too many albums now-a-days have scratching on them, so I thought it was nice that he had a good amount on here, especially on "To Be Continued" where the whole chorus is filled.

Now, for the ending of the album, I honestly think it could have been better. I expected a really crazy ending, but was just left with another track for the album. I expected a lot of horns blasting and loud percussion, but instead left with a flute going over some actually really good percussion. Not saying "Well Runs Dry" is a bad track, but maybe "To Be Continued" could have been the finishing track, saying theres more Evidence to come. I just was hoping the album would go out with a bang, but it's not bad to have a calming track to finish it off.

Overall, this album is off the hook crazy. This album is full of lyricism, flow, features, and the production is very impressive. This is the type of album to get you pumped up and make you think deep at the same time. This is a great album, even the album cover is mad cool. Doesn't show Evidence posing in some serious ass pose, but instead him just walking away with some cats and dogs looking at missing cats and dogs posters. If he hasn't already, Evidence will surely make a name for himself with this album.

OVERALL: 9.0/10

14. THEPOSTWHORE5000

jean grae looking like black skrillex nowadays

15. RealHipHopHead

shes still hot though ;)

to the fact that no one seems to like to read i think that yall should read upon this if it is an intrest to one an other...

Opinion: The Effectiveness of Political Hip-Hop Today [RHHH Article]
    a1.bp.blogspot.com__ZaK8_hvmF6w_Tqwhw_ASllI_AAAAAAAABQE_xJzksuXGB1o_s400_deadprezletsgetfree.jpg

The Effectiveness of Political Hip-Hop Today
    Written by Billy Ferguson

-- Ever since Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five dropped “The Message” in 1982, conscious lyrics have been a key part of Hip-Hop. Various groups and artists have tried to educate the masses on political issues and ideas through music. While this form of Hip-Hop was huge in the past, with groups like Public Enemy changing the way that people saw the world around them, one has to wonder if political Hip-Hop today still has the same effect on listeners. Hearing “Fight The Power” had the black youth of 1990 willing to get up and rally in the streets right then and there. The evolution of political Hip-Hop has changed the effect that it has, moving it from a way of rallying the people together, to a way of opening the listener to new ideas, without calling for a direct plan of action.

To examine political Hip-Hop today, we can look at 3 examples of protest music in 2011 – one in the mainstream, one in the underground, and one in the international scene. Earlier this year, we saw Lupe Fiasco reach millions of ears with his single “Words I Never Said.” In the song, he protested against corrupt wars, politicians, consumerism, and peoples’ fear of taking a stand. The song was acclaimed by both ‘real’ Hip-Hop heads, and casual listeners, but what effect did it really have? Well, it did inspire a large number of people to open their eyes (if only for a moment) to see our world as it is. We have to respect and acknowledge this fact.

In the underground, we just recently saw the release of Immortal Techniques new album, “The Martyr.” In this album he takes a stand against the problems with capitalism, and government corruption. The album provides the listener with relevant information on why the world is as it is right now. For example, “Rich Man’s World (1%)” shows why capitalism has resulted in government corruption and the #Occupy movement, and “The Martyr” (the song) deals with issues such as the assassination of revolutionaries who tried to better the lives of the people. While all the songs on the album are biased to represent Immortal Technique’s opinion, they do give the listener the spark needed to research the topics presented further, so that he/she can make his/her own judgement.

Lastly, in the international scene, British rapper Lowkey released his new album, “Soundtrack To The Struggle.” On this LP, Lowkey touches on a wide variety of political topics, including the ‘waste’ of government money on weaponry, the bias in media regarding who ‘terrorists’ are, Obama’s failure as a president, the injustices committed against Palestine, and more. Lowkey’s ideas are not presented with as much opinion as Immortal Technique (who happens to be featured on the LP), and he does the same job of opening the listener’s eyes to topics that should be researched more by the listener on his/her own time.

What we are seeing is the common occurrence of MCs attempting to educate their listener. The problem we face today is that fans listen to political Hip-Hop, hear these new ideas, and put all their trust in their beloved MC, forgetting that they are almost always only hearing one side of the story. And so political Hip-Hop becomes not so much a form of true education, but a form of expressing one’s opinion on political matters. The blame lies not in the artists, but on the group of fans who believe everything that they hear. Of course, it is not all fans who commit this act of ignorance, but looking around, it is evident that the majority are like this. The conclusion we must draw is that political Hip-Hop today is effective as a means of expressing points of view, but cannot be taken as seriously as research and true education.
    http://www.realhiphophead.com/2011/10/opinion-effectiveness-of-political-hip.html

16. RealHipHopHead

17. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

18. RealHipHopHead

Lakim you should allow the thread i requested to make, the Lets Debate Hip Hop :) i think its a good thing for a lot of hip hop fans to share that kind of stuff..... just thought i would throw it out there, but up to all ya admins.

19. RealHipHopHead

20. WALLWASH

WALLWASH New Member

LUPE IS GREAT!^

HERES MY OWN VIDEO
    CASHLT