Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^lol. Alright so this is what your gonna want to do, get a brick, or something that ways about the same, and has the same solidness as a brick, so no books or anything with pointy edges. Your gonna hold the brick in your writing hand by the top(so hold it long ways), and toss it up in the air, and then make your hand do a vertical 360 or circle/loop around the brick and then catch it at the top. If might take a few tries before you get it down, but it will stengthen your hand and that entire arm. Ready go.

2. Cynical

Cynical Member

That is probably the most fucked up sounding thing I've ever heard of haha, but fuck it, nothing to lose so I might as well try it when I can find a loose brick.

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

yo im dead serious, I still to do it from time to time, i guess you could do it with a 5pd dumbell or something if you dont have a brick... It makes your hand real strong tho, used to do it when I played baseball, makes your grip real good

4. nah!

nah! Banned

bricks have sharp edges

5. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

beware of troll

6. ribcage

ribcage Banned

What? they are blunt, but they are not sharp

Lol im serious breh, Idk why he thinks a stronger hand is going to help is handlstyle but it does make your hands stronger.

Any questions?
    View attachment 606904

7. EndingTotalSocial

EndingTotalSocial Member

WTF? :eek:

8. Cynical

Cynical Member

Nah, it's just my lines are shaky as fuck and I kind of want to cut down on it, I know it won't produce some sick style just from throwing shit up and catching it,

9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

uh if your lines are shaky its cause of your hand movement not your hand muscles. To have better hand movements and no shaky lines you have to practice.

But if you literally want to make your hand stronger i suggest^..... its a brick it ways like 3 pounds, man up

10. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

ahahahahaha i remember when i lived in NOLA i had to do taht for baseballa haha

11. toy4evr

toy4evr New Member

some stuff to buy

so hey everybody i just started doind graffiti or attempting to, but im using sharpies and my birthday is coming up so i was gunna buy the molotow starter set which includes a 12 pack of molotow 227hs and 2 extra finliners a graff coloring book and a blackbook, will the molotow markers bleed through the blackbook paper and other paper? if so is otr ink graphik markers a better buy for s starter set? hope somebody can help:eek:

12. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

good can control requires full body movement, not just your hand/wrist/arm. make sure you have a solid base, feet shoulder width, and get used to bending those knees and leaning.

13. viseversa101

viseversa101 Elite Member

also get the flow down by moving the direction of the can but not pressing the tip down a few times before spraying

14. nah!

nah! Banned

brickes are cuboid the vertices are pointy and so are the edges.

15. ribcage

ribcage Banned

uh your telling me this why? This isnt a fuckin geometry class fool, the bluntness of the brick helps strengthen your hand, makes your skin tougher and your grip better. you obviously have little baby hand since you can handle brick tossing
    [Broken External Image]:http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Jimmy-Clausen1.jpg

sharp and pointy are 2 completely different things, so stop changing your mind about it

16. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

wtf is going on in this thread? is there some type of significance about the brick that i don't yet understand? if i unlock the secret as to whether bricks are sharp or pointy edged will that help me king the freeways or someshit?

you want to steady your hand? draw more... your can control sucks? paint more. everyones shit is sloppy at first..the more you do it the more you excercise the fine muscles in your hands.. just like working out your biceps or abs you have to work out the muscles in your hands so to speak, the more you draw the better you get, if you stop drawing for a long period of time (and i can attest to this) your skills will start to deteriorate. the same thing applies with can control.

go paint.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  17. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

18. ian

ian Elite Member

how do you guys get clean, crisp lines when you paint? I know the deal with cuts and such but whenever i make a line even if it's somewhat crisp it always seems like theres a little bit of overspray or somethin and some of the color just mists a little past the edges which makes the lines look less sharp. Is this somethin with air pressure? Should i let some pressure out of the cans first?

19. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

it has to do with the angle you are holding the can at. move your entire body and make sure that the angle you are using to point the cap stays the same for the entire length of the line. when you start altering the angle of the can you get the "mist" effect, and can use it for flares, blending, etc. or it could be the caps you are rocking and have nothing to do with your control. personally i love seeing throws with the outlines dusted at the top and bottom

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  20. ian

ian Elite Member