Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips And Rules For Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Ronathon

Ronathon Senior Member

Its probably different in bigger stores where they employ people just to sit watching the cameras but in a lot of stores they wouldnt even look at the camera footage unless they either see/catch you racking or something expensive goes missing.
    No-one is going to sit through hours of footage to see why some pens have gone missing.

2. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

in the rare situation where they ask you to take something out your pocket, just be like, i have no idea what you are talking about, and walk out, they can not search you or chase you. if they saw you stealing it they can call the cops but you are usually gone by the then and the cops wont really care or even go on a hot pursuit for you.

3. Moon

Moon Senior Member

I new tip I got:

When you go in a store, head to the self-check out or an unattended counter, and get a plastic bag. Go around and get your stuff and put it in the bag, as if you were shopping. Then you just leave. It is so easy, and employees won't do shit, because they're to busy or they just don't give a fuck.

4. Moon

Moon Senior Member

Yeah, my friend was caught putting stuff in his backpack. But the dude didn't tell him to stop or anything, and instead went to go to the phone, and my friend just bolted. He was able to leave the store totally clean.

However, it's seriously hard to not be a little freaked out when you get caught. When I was trying to rack at Target, a security guard started following me. I suspected at first, and then he came into plain sight and walked right behind me. I put the stuff right back as he watched and left. I was pretty scared.

5. Kush21

Kush21 New Member

Michael's is by far one off the easiest places to rack.I myself usually go there to get some markers,once every while,The reason is because its like 12 miles aways.I never been caught but to the people who are thinking they never will my advice is dont be greedy.Staples is by far the second easiest place to rack shit behind Michael's ,Everything to black books to marks to ink.What i usually do is rack all the shit in my pocket,stuff the blackbook in my pants frontside,go the the restroom and take all the label codes off because they will ring if you dont.

6. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

yoooo dude^^^ they dont have magnetic strips on shit like blackbooks, save the trip to the bathroom because going to the bathroom is what will get you caught

7. jordan159

jordan159 Member

I went to home depot this weekend. Walked in with a bag, filled up a cart with 20 cans of rusto, walked over to the garden section, stuck that shit in my bag, dipped the fuck out. It's really not hard. The reason most people get caught is cause they act all nervous and shit. Just walk in, do your thing, and leave. People who walk around the store for hours and leave without anything tend to arouse suspicion. :)

8. jordan159

jordan159 Member

EXACTLY!! nobody gives a fuck

9. Tiktoker

Tiktoker Member

some big stores, the employees dont get paid enough to give a shit anyways, wtf do they care if some shit goes missin

10. ATso

ATso Member

i just came up with this today but i have big head phones and i was worried about the markers in my pocket making a bunch of noice and the ones in my shirt so i just blasted my headphones around my neck so people werent focused on the other noise

11. ATso

ATso Member

also i took an old sharpie marker in and told them it was defective and they will let u go get a replacement.

12. meagananema

meagananema Member

13. Cl4sh

Cl4sh Senior Member

Walmart won't take any action against you if the value of what you stole is less than $25. Go rack shit.

14. Darkeist

Darkeist Elite Member

Does anyone know if home depot makes you leave your backpack up front

15. Nemo2

Nemo2 Member

Ive got a few tips for people racking, and a few more tips for anyone racking in the UK.

Your less likely to get caught if you look like your gonna buy something, if your look like your browsing, they probably wont give you a second glance, but if your looking up and down the aisle, glancing upwards at the cameras, you look suspicouis, and are more likey to attract the attention of anyone working in the store, or watching the cameras ect. A good way to look up and down the isles to check for store workers is by taking a few steps back from the shelf, and look down the isle looking at the shelves further on, this way, if the store workers do see you looking down the isle, they'll assume your just looking for something, rather than checking for store workers. One thing you must not do at all cost is make direct eye contact with the people working in the store, then look away quickly, if you do end up making eye contact with a security gaurd, store worker, just smile at them and continue "browsing"

What you wear will make a huge impact on your chances of getting caught, for example, baggy jeans, and huge bagg coat with a bag/backpack is not good. Make sure the clothes your wearing when you go in the store are suited to the weather outside, as Im sure you can understand it looks extremely suspicouis if you go into a store wearing a coat in the summer when its blazing hot outside. Tracksuit bottoms should also be avoided if possible (especially in the UK) as people wearing them tend to fit the stereotype of a "chav" and are more likely to attract the securities attention. A not-to-baggy hoodie, and not-to-baggy pair of jeans are good, you dont want something that makes you stand apart from anyone else in the shop, so bear that in mind.

Ways on concealing whatever your racking (Ill use paint as an example, as thats what your probably tryna rack) vary greatly, and you should take this into carefull consideration before enetering the store. How big is the can, and how many do you want. If your only tryna get one can, then your best bet is probably just sticking it in your wasteline elastic, people may take the piss out of this, but it means you dont need to take in a bag, and your pockets arnt bulging when you walk past the security (Good security gaurds will actually look at how much is in peoples pockets and bags when they enter the store) A backpack is a no-no if your racking solo, as taking the bag off in the store will arouse suspicion. If your with a mate, then leave a hole in the top of the zip that your mate can slot the cans through, but do bare in mind they will make a noise when they hit each other. A satchel like waste bag can be good, as you dont have to move yours hands around too much. My preffered option is a thick plastic bag, preferably from a store nearby, so as it looks as if youve just been to that shop. Put a small jumper in the bag, and then fill it up with paint.

Another point, although it may seem obvouis, but its a dumb idea to go racking stoned out your mind or drunk. If you need to know why then you shouldnt be racking in the first place.

UK TIPS :)
    You should never rack from small, family owned buisness, because a) They will probably feel the effect of 15 cans going missing from there store and b) there gonna be more pissed of about it if they catch you, especailly if you've gone there more than once. Big hardware stores are preferable. In england your best options are Wilkinsons, B&Q and Focus. Allot of people suggest racking from Halfords, this is a BIG no-no. They are weary of writers, have some of the best security and the cameras ARE monitored (They usually have a camera pointing directly at the spray paint)

Hop this helped anyway, Ill write some more when I can be bothered.

16. nah!

nah! Banned

would it be a good plan to wear a bag with the zip undone and crouch to look at something/tie shoelaces opposite the paint isle have friend put paint in bag?

17. Nemo2

Nemo2 Member

I cant say Ive ever tried it, it may work, but remeber you dont want to arouse suspicion. I dont know how old you are, but if your say 14-18, then one of you wearing a backpack crouching over with a mate right behind him is a little suspicouis if a store worker does happen to see you. If you are going to use a backpack, your best bet is to leave a bit of the zip open, and to let your freind slide them in (while standing) This also blocks the space between you and your freind from the veiw of the camera. The method you mention does has another disadvantage, as it means your freind has to pick up paint from the shelf, then turn round to make the transfer to your backpack, which could take 3-5 seconds, a key skill in racking is not only making it so the store workers dont see you pocketing the item, but not letting them see you pick it up at all, therefore its allways a good idea to minimise the time between you holding the item in your hand, from concealing it in a bag or pocket. But as I said, plastic bags from a nearby store are what Ive found works best. Hope this helped.

18. nah!

nah! Banned

ok wats a good technique and do i have to go out of town?

19. Nemo2

Nemo2 Member

There are a few techniques you can use depending on how much paint you want to get. I dont know wether your from the UK or America or wherever, but aslong as you dont hit the same store too much, like once every day, you should be allright. Hitting a store like once or twice a week is ok. My suggestion would be go to you nearest town, and check out all the hardware stores, see which ones sell paint, where the cameras are, is there security on the door, is there a garden centre ect. Just make yourself familiar with all the big stores in your local area before you begin to think about racking. Then when your confident you know you way round the store just go in there and use one of these techniques (depending on how much paint you want)

1 CAN - Just stick it down your elastic wasteline with a jumper over it and walk out
    5 CANS - Walk in with a plastic bag from a store nearby, and fill it up with cans, and just walk out
    10 CANS - Go in with a mate wearing a backpack, leave a hole in the zip in the side of the backpack and get your mate to fill it up with paint while your wearing it, this way you dont have to take the backpack off whilst racking.
    100 CANS - Walk in the store, grab a trolley/shopping cart and FILL it with paint, then just walk out the store, this takes REAL balls, and you gotta be ready to run, but well worth it if you pull it off
    Another good technique that works for stores with garden sections is to get a cart/basket full of paint, go into the garden section and slide them under the fence to a mate on the other side.

If you read my first post on here (the really long one) ive covered some basic stuff like not making eye contect with staff ect.
    Hope this helped.

20. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

it depends.. an associate will more than likely not take the initiative to chase your ass.. getting paid 8 dollars an hour to do something not in your job description isn't about to happen, not to mention they can get in trouble with the head of the district. on the other hand LP's get paid to catch you so if you're dealing with one of them you can bet they will do anything they can to take you down, as far as the parking lot atleast..they have no jurisdiction outside of their property. sometimes though if they know your shoplifting they will call the cops ahead of time so once you leave the doors they'll be waiting in the parking lot, i've seen that happen a couple times.. people will rack from a store and get away with it, then come in on another day and get hemmed up because they recognized them the second they hit the door.

fuck that, bring the bag first..its mad suspect to take the bag while in the store lol. and be careful walking around the store with a bag full of merchandise..any employee who sees it will stop and ask you whats in it. my suggestion is to leave as soon as you can if you use this method.. sometimes though i'll come in with a bag stuffed in my pants and just pull the bitch out and start filling it up and then run for the door, having another friend hold it open so i can get a head start on their ass haha.