Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

like to do tagging, been practicing in my books where i only practice my tags, really thick paper so it wont go through,

so i got this sick throwie down in the book, and when i go do it, i feel scared to do it, I rushed it but it looks pretty decent

should I start going with someone to get that scared feeling out of me?

2. SHER_WON_WTS

SHER_WON_WTS Senior Member

you might have to. some writers only feel confident when they are alone, but others work better as a team. whatever you need to do to get your work to look as good as it can, because thats what most important in my eyes, your work is what represents you, so make it look good.

3. Jarret

Jarret Senior Member

why are you scared? cops?

4. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

that scared feeling will never go away. its actually the whole reason i write. the day i dont get an adrenaline rush is the day i stop writing.

5. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I'd say go by yourself a little bit, since most of the time you'll be by yourself anyway.

6. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

yeah, Cops. My gas station around my area has like a shitload of taxi driver's, My friend tried to do a wall there but he cant cause The taxi driver's are actually undercover cops.

When I went tagging last night I walk around, and I saw atleast like 5 - 10 taxi's driving around, and this was like at 3:00 in the morning so no possible way :confused::confused::confused:

but Yes, I don't get a adrenaline rush but when it comes to spray painting yes I get it.

7. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

just do itg. if a cop comes then run.

if your scared of them then maybe just stop writing.

8. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

I have always generally bombed alone, quite often a bit drunk so I don't really give a shit if I get seen (unless by cops) but then again I prefer trackside bombing rather than in the streets

9. jdub

jdub Senior Member

foreal if u cant take da consequences, dont commit da crime or jus run like hell..

10. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

true alright, He's right, some writer's tend to go tag alone and some tagger's wanna go together.

just gotta get my act together and just take the consequences.

11. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Or just get a friend who knows what's up. If they do, go with them, and follow their instincts as well as yours. It never hurt to have another set of eyes.

However, if your friend has a gimpy leg with a tendency to fail, and the police start coming, and your friend hops a fence and stays there, you're fucked, so my new number one rule has become "Don't write graffiti with someone with a gimpy leg."

12. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

Probably this question has been already solved, but I cant find an answer right now in the forums...

Although i've been sketchin' for some months, i find myself really ignorant about the history of graffiti, its origins and evolution...

i'm trying to find some books about it, but i cant find anything close to what i want on the internet , and i dont want to spend money on a book without bein' sure that it's what im lookin for so... any recomendations? Im not only looking for pics of murals, but also some kind of a "history lesson"

13. SHER_WON_WTS

Subway Art by Martha cooper and Henry Chelfant.

then watch, STYLE WARS a million times.

also Bomb It is very well done and researched

14. SHER_WON_WTS

i gotta say it feels good to see someone interested in learning about there graffiti history. its extremely importent, and some people dont even bother today.

15. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

Ok man i'll look for that book (i've already watched style wars, but i'll do it again too)

Another question, this time practical: I've seen some sketches with brights made with.. white markers? what kind of markers are they/ where can i find them?

16. SHER_WON_WTS

good question.
    some markers are more powerful then others. Too get white to cover other colors you have to use a more powerful marker. something thicker. the most common are DECO's but i personaly dont like using decos for more then a few details in my peices. I LOVE ELMERS PAINT MARKERS! those are the best. they can be found at any art store, or sometimes even wal-mart/target/whatever

17. jdub

jdub Senior Member

^thanks for dat info, i needed to kno bout dem white highlights

18. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

Fuck.

Neither of those brands are commonly seen in shops here in europe (at least in my country).

Thanks anyway, i think ill try to find something alike in art stores :)

19. SHER_WON_WTS

oh thats not cool. well what your looking for is Paint Markers, sooooo just find any euro paint marker brand and try them out.

20. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

On The Run -
    [Broken External Image]:http://shop.layup.ch/images/otr-artist-twin-marker-24er-set-1.jpg
    You could get the 24 pack from Toronto from the Bombshelter otherwise you would have to order it.

Prisma -
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.utrechtart.com/images/products/brandpages/prismacolor-sets_lg.jpg
    These marker's are dualtipped, one side is Broad (Large) and one side is Fine for those hard to fill places :p

Touch Twin -
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.refuelled.com/ebayimages/newshinha-1223388911-216.jpg
    Effin beast, all I gotta say. Good results when you use these.

Copics -
    [Broken External Image]:http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6725/copicmarkerswithcapsoff.jpg
    Apparently These are SLIGHTLY more better then prisma's because of more colour selection?

there ya go, if you want more recommended things hit me up :p