Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. PermanentMarkers

PermanentMarkers Senior Member

more choices

View attachment 579683

Some crits

Ligraff (NUCE?) - Your N looks kinda like a K, make the middle line a little higher and it will be more N like (not sure if its supposed to be lower or upper case, but the rest of it is upper case), not even gonna comment on the U, the top of the C looks good, but the bottom is boring. Make your E less rounded at the top and add in the spiky bits that all your other letters have.

Willis (WISE) - I hate the letter W too, your stuff with the wings looks like i was doing, i've got a lot of flak for doing those W's, and they end up really unequal alot when i put them on the wall. Just switched how i do mine. You are mixing upper and lower case letters, try a lower case e or upper case I. Maybe try bending the very top of your S up to the sky.

Sick (WERM) - You are mixing upper and lower case too, it makes the R look like a C. Add some space in between the outside bars on your W. The top middle line on your M doesnt come down into the middle of the middle bar, make sure it goes in the middle.

View attachment 579684

Meant to put this up with the first wave, forgot to though. A good example of a lame W, my middle bar should be almost twice as big, the bottom middle line should go up further or the two top lines should come down further. The middle bar on my Z isnt even, it starts bulging out. The r is almost going down too far (if it goes too far it looks like an n, there are several on walls that look like ns around my town). The bar on my D is all whacked out.. I wasnt tall enough. I should have started the whole thing down lower on the truck so that i could do the d better

Maybe someone will learn from me critting myself, who knows

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. soath

soath Elite Member

wyzrd, i think all these uppercase ones are better than the lower case ones u bombed, especially the d, that long bar of the lowercase D really killed ur throw for me. maybe try and uppercase y and D if you like those others still. the sketches are better tho for sure. good work, keep drawing.

3. PermanentMarkers

Yeah i think i'm gonna switch to uppercase, everything except the y. Probably gonna do the y lowercase style where it bends to the left cause I cant get any style into a capital Y and at least the lower case isnt as boring. All these changes courtesy of psilocybin.

Werm you should write STEAK instead. I've never seen anyone write steak and that could be funny. You can make your Ts out of T-bones

4. SicK-

SicK- Senior Member

5. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

ai167.photobucket.com_albums_u138_Stolzy805_Picture11.png

let me burst your bubble on that steak comment, STEAK ORA KREW

6. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Wyzrd, sometimes your lower case R comes out as a K, but I like your sketch number 6, I think the little leg on the Z looks good and the R and D are better.

7. soath

soath Elite Member

Wyzrd, i saw ur little pencil comment that it looks silly without the Y but it's the same word AND it looks fine... w-z-r-d VS. wyzrd the Y makes it read sorta Why?zard... my idea id dunno, the Y is cool to but i don't think the four letter version is any sillier(spelling?). peace.

ai409.photobucket.com_albums_pp179_sickofallthehate_P8020022.jpg

*not my actual throw. sucks i know.

8. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

I dig what Soath is saying wzrd looks better than wyzrd if you ask me, also the Y seems like the letter you seem to struggle finding a place for more than the rest, just my opinon tho.

9. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

otter, not many crits really. except the same thing I told u in the chat room, have ur hand flow faster and more fluid-ly (?) ur hand must be light and fast. so it'll have that nice flow that makes any ugly letter look good (well not always though)

and is that a ginger kid I see behind the paper? haha

10. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

11. PermanentMarkers

Soath the S in your name should be done like the KWS, but make the top and bottom blocky so that it flows with your other letters but keep the some curvature in the middle. I think you just need to get rid of the wierd triangle bump. Your other O and A are even, my favorite is the A. The bottom space on the H and the right bar on the T are not even. Its not that bad, fix those two things and i'd say you should bomb it. (but you know how i feel about bombing)

WZRD!

I guess it does look alright like that.

12. PermanentMarkers

This man wants some crits so i'll bump him.

Like i said before, you are mixing upper and lower case. Your E has a whole lot of blank space in the bottom bar. You should add a curve or a spiky bit or something to the bottom of it to make it look less boring. Adding spiky bits to your other letters would make the middle of the w look less out of place.

13. soath

soath Elite Member

that is not my throw... haha, although i was trying to come up with one there.

wizardds crew is huge and to legit for you to rock that name for to long, like in the distant future... no diss. i think wzrd makes more sense as a word. peace.

14. staone

staone Senior Member

15. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

keep this pic staone, one day youll look back an laugh so hard you might die.

16. staone

staone Senior Member

lol im already laughing at it

17. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

meant to include this on my last post, i fucked up on the 3d of the bottom left of the w a little and the blotches or bubbles are shit too.

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_DSC00277.jpg_ae2ea0ee83f341198447c77d5779c875.jpg

18. dubbed

dubbed Senior Member

wise try making the ends of your letters more straight but have the edges rounded out

19. DEOS96

DEOS96 Member

First post... [​IMG][/IMG]

20. MakeItTakeIt

MakeItTakeIt Senior Member

Deos, flow is nice, lose the x's and tweak your s
    Wise, your lines look shaky, move a little faster when you're outlining, once you get the hang of the flow, style will cater to your hand and it'll come out much cleaner.

ai35.tinypic.com_rvbtzq.jpg

My lil somethin somethin, crits? Go harsh, I can take it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010