Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

i do haha. im hoping the d40 will be able to get me some decent shots

2. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

3. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

No, but cooking with expired food never helped anyone, either.

4. `.`

`.` Member

ak needs to come back, this thread was tight to lurk when he was around

5. SAID

SAID Moderator

Word, now it's all just people like omg which camera omg omg omg

6. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

yah photography is the supercool status thing to do now like graphic design was but theres always gonna be the elite and the heads that catch the vapours
    thats the circle of art.

7. STFUPPERCUT

STFUPPERCUT Senior Member

View attachment 528666
    I guess im not that much of a photographer but i got some fucked up soup, and perhaps smoekd 1 to many durgz

8. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

Bad metaphor.
    The most beautiful violin music in the world is often played on instruments that are hundreds of years old.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  9. get a grip!

get a grip! Senior Member

i just check his photo blog every once in a while too see dem flicks

10. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Not just his photos, but his input on just about everything. He's a smart cookie!

11. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

what is his photo blog?

12. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

look, if your interested in starting photography, these are some of the things I've learnt

1. Get a shitty camera and take lots of photos using all these composition tricks youve learnt from doing your own research and not relying on other people to do it for you.

2. Read lots of magazines, blogs, forums. I've subscribed to a couple blogs, take alook at this one, full of useful stuff

http://digital-photography-school.com/

look at lots of photos and see what makes your favourite photo your favourite photo and try to encapsulate the features that make that photo 'work' as such.

3. Once you have a few decent shots and feel like you want to push this hobby on further because your limited with your camera, invest in a relatively cheap, entry level DSLR, just one that you can, change lenses, adjust shutter speed, that's all you really need for the time being, all entry level cameras are good enough with megapixels and other features.

4. Once you think your ready, get a few cheap lenses, I suggest the cheap 50mm 1.8, essential for any photography. Once you have a few lenses, your ready to upgrade to a newer body.

5. These tips are just helping you beginners out there from buying a top of the range camera, blowing thousands on equipment, thinking your going to love this hobby forever then falling out of love with it and having to sell everything at half the price you sold it for.

Finally, keep posting your shots, we'll help you best we can for tips and advice, I know I'm not the best photography in the world, but I've learnt quite alot over the past few years that you can only really learn through time.

One quote that I think is pretty important if your serious about it

Stop Taking Pictures, Start Creating Images

Just had to get all that off my chest, just fed up of all these kids wanting to get into it and wasting thousands and not even knowing about rule of thirds

13. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

anyone can take a picture this forum is proof of this but theres only a few that can capture reality.

14. militia

militia Senior Member

Havent posted in a minute.
    I started out with a canon S5 IS point and shoot, untill i was comfortable with stuff, and then i found myself a deal on the canon 30D. i got used to the 18-55mm lens, and then i bought a cheap telephoto and a 50mm 1.8

i also shoot film with a nikon f80.

heres the latest.

ai383.photobucket.com_albums_oo275_militia_smak_8377edit3.jpg

ai383.photobucket.com_albums_oo275_militia_smak_IMG_7740edit.jpg

ai383.photobucket.com_albums_oo275_militia_smak_8475edit.jpg

ai383.photobucket.com_albums_oo275_militia_smak_8401edit2copy.jpg

ai383.photobucket.com_albums_oo275_militia_smak_zoomhomeless.jpg

15. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

it does suck with a lot of talking, but that's part of it too, everyone needs help every now and then so why not try to help them out, someday you may be asking them a question

and well put thesecks, i see a lot of people going out and buying the most expensive camera mommy and daddy will pay for then not even knowing what aperture is, and some never try to find out, sticking the camera on auto and just snapping away, maybe getting a couple of decent shots out of a thousand, try pretending you have only 30 shots for an entire day, spend more time setting up for your shot then taking it

on those night/low light shots, get a tripod and lower your iso, the noise in the darker spots is incredibly distracting

and no...i have no pictures for now

16. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

got some nice shots militia, like the lines of the building and some sweet DoF on the grass/seed/whatever the hell that is

really wanna go out and get some more wire wool shots, its like -5° when it gets dark though :(

17. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

love this!

18. `.`

`.` Member

whats his "photo blog" ?

19. THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK

THAT BOY DOWN THE BLOCK Senior Member

20. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

shit

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2439_4075693371_4a44e1f41a_b.jpg